Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby staticshadows on June 26th, 2017, 1:08 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby maxwellt on June 26th, 2017, 3:53 pm
Well, that sucks to see Goliath being cloned, but it was bound to happen. I hope to see a skywarp and a giant discovery, that would be awesome for the park!

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby JaminOut on June 26th, 2017, 3:59 pm
Wait... is that a giga I see in the Magic Mountain section?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby cliffhanger on June 26th, 2017, 4:54 pm
staticshadows wrote:During the same ACE presentation, the site plan for Six Flags Dubai was shown.

So is the Dubai park themed after other parks in the SF chain? If so, how cool is it that our park got featured in it! Also that "Goliath" clone looks to be slightly different. It is more open and looks like it might not be "wooden"
cliffhanger

Postby RollingCoasting on June 26th, 2017, 5:59 pm
JaminOut wrote:Wouldn't a Skywarp be a world's first attraction? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any have been installed yet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would, so if they are adding a Skywarp somewhere like FParker said, it'd wouldn't be one of the 5 NA's first/record breaking. 2018 may be less predictable than I thought...
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on June 26th, 2017, 6:17 pm
I'm pretty sure RMC has no intentions on cloning one of their attractions. Renderings are one thing I wouldn't trust to be the true outcome but those plans look more realistic. Idk what to think haha but yeah, I would have assumed each section of SF Dubai would have attractions resembling/reflecting a piece of each park the sections are named after. Not direct clones but the essence of each if you get what I mean.

All this power splash stuff is intriguing though.
gottastrata33

Postby maxwellt on June 26th, 2017, 6:44 pm
Agreed. RMC is just too good, it would be stupid to clone, especially because they can make something original and that can also fit in that similar footprint

maxwellt

Postby gottastrata33 on June 26th, 2017, 8:25 pm
Not to mention, it was designed to fit that tight plot at our park. So at a new park with a blank canvas, why not make something special for that park? Yet Batman is at at how many properties & that too was designed to fit a tight space for our park soooo
gottastrata33

Postby cliffhanger on June 27th, 2017, 8:43 am
doubleb wrote:You do realize this a conceptual art representation that doesn't mean those rides are actually going to be installed.

Yes, I get that. Im just saying that there's a chance Dubai's "Goliath" might not be a clone, to anyone who is upset about it. Either way, Dubai seems like its going to be awesome!
cliffhanger

Postby gottastrata33 on June 27th, 2017, 10:59 am
I'm super frickin excited for it to be honest it's been talked about for so long. I don't know if I want to go to SF China or Dubai first though. Cause let's be honest I def can hardly afford one of those trips let alone both.
gottastrata33

Postby Nightmare31sfgam on June 27th, 2017, 4:57 pm
1- Some type of 2 or more flat package. Super loop in roper course. And giant discovery in bumper cars.
2- Water Park expansion. Most likely in pictorium location.
3- nothing. Let's be real Six Flags is going down hill. We just got Joker. So at the least we will get a new show.
Nightmare31sfgam

Postby gottastrata33 on June 27th, 2017, 6:39 pm
The decisions the company is making may not be ideal to you but it is in no way going down hill.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 27th, 2017, 9:04 pm
^ Agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby maxwellt on June 27th, 2017, 9:25 pm
I think John duffey will have a lot in store for six flags. I hope to see more of the plans for the new six flags parks to see what's in store. I heard a dive coaster will be at China, so hey, maybe a crowd eater will come to great America one day

maxwellt

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 28th, 2017, 1:52 am
I agree too that Six Flags is not going downhill. 3 jokers and all the clones bring in the GP everywhere, that's business. As for what I think for SFGAm 2018, my mind is a little everywhere but I feel something in pictoriums spot.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby maxwellt on June 28th, 2017, 6:28 am
And hey, with 2017 having 3 joker clones, it could open up for big stuff for 2018, after all, 5 record breaking/firsts is a pretty big deal to hear about from six flags at this time of the year.

maxwellt

Postby Nightmare31sfgam on June 28th, 2017, 9:19 am
The prediction I'm going to hold to till the announcement is a water park expansion in the pictorium location, or into the parking lot, or wherever they can fit a slide complex and some other new buildings. I think this is the most likely because we are over due for one. Also I think they should re paint and spruce up the water park. Maybe even a name change?? But for in park wise I think we will maybe just see general stuff. Nothing major or special.
Nightmare31sfgam

Postby anewman35 on June 28th, 2017, 1:48 pm
doubleb wrote:
Nightmare31sfgam wrote:1- Some type of 2 or more flat package. Super loop in roper course. And giant discovery in bumper cars.
2- Water Park expansion. Most likely in pictorium location.
3- nothing. Let's be real Six Flags is going down hill. We just got Joker. So at the least we will get a new show.

If they wanted to expand the waterpark, hopefully not again already, they can take space for the edge of the parking lot. The spaces lost just mean people can use the outer lot, which has weeds all over it.

It would be great if they could just expand into the parking lot, but on a very busy day they can use the whole lot, and there isn't really any place to expand it...
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on June 28th, 2017, 2:28 pm
doubleb wrote:The 5 "record/first"" will be nothing of note...calling it now, 1 record skyscreamer and 4 skywarps.

It'd be kind of odd to market the skywarps as "North America's first" and not "World's First"... unless there's some unannounced Skywarp opening elsewhere in the world next year, I think the other 4 rides will be something else.
RollingCoasting

Postby staticshadows on June 28th, 2017, 4:26 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby FParker185 on June 28th, 2017, 11:53 pm
without going into detail, I do not forsee 4 skywarps
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 29th, 2017, 12:42 pm
What about the possibility of the Thunder Rapids (Fiesta Texas) like ride going to where the Pictorium + trees are - connecting to the waterpark? The ceo guy said something about Fiesta Texas being the innovative park (the test market), and than just expect things to spread. Hurry up. Someone go to the Proslide factory, and see what they are building. lol I really don't know if I would even like this slide because it doesn't seem to have the big drops like a regular water coaster. I would love Kentucky Kingdom's deluge, but who knows about this ride. I'll take it, but I wouldn't expect it to be my favorite water slide.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby staticshadows on June 29th, 2017, 1:10 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Mr. D.T. on July 5th, 2017, 1:48 pm
I know this is a silly idea, but what if Six Flags got the funds to convert Sky Trek Tower into a GyroDrop, similar to what they have at Paramount's King's Island, and rename it Sky Trek 2.0? I know we already have a drop tower in Southwest, but this could be different. The ride would rotate counter-clockwise as it ascends.
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby gottastrata33 on July 6th, 2017, 8:49 pm
When the Goliath teasers came out, I thought for sure we were getting a new FalconsFury/Acrophobia style drop tower. The coaster totally blew me away. But I thought yeah we could use a new more terrifying one.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum