Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on June 18th, 2017, 9:28 pm
^^Not really. If you are taller, your head is going to be MORE higher than the harness. If your are shorter, you are more in the middle of the harness, which means you have less areas to escape the harness (a pinball).
Here's a picture of a Batman:
https://rcdb.com/43.htm#p=21681

The 2nd kid is in the middle of the harness because he's not as tall. His head can bounce more in the harness than the person all the way on the right. His head is higher in the harness.^
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on June 18th, 2017, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 18th, 2017, 9:29 pm
If you haven't ridden Demon this season, ride it in a non-wheel seat. The thing is running butter smooth, quite intense, and the (2nd to) back row still has some insane ejector. Yes, it sits on some nice land that could be used for a newer coaster, but I really hope the park continues to preserve Demon.

And to those who say that kids say it hurts: I have a 6 year old brother who loves it, as well as a fair few of my cousins of similar age. Yes, some will say it hurts, but it's still a hit with families. Speaking of, it still gets lines. Last two times I rode it, I had to wait a good 20 minutes.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Tardis1972 on June 19th, 2017, 10:42 am
I'm surprised no one has said anything about a Zamperla Disk'O yet. That's probably one of flats I think were see if it's a flat ride package along with a Giant Discovey.
Last edited by Tardis1972 on June 19th, 2017, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 19th, 2017, 10:50 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Not going to lie, it seems Demon has actually got smoother recently. Last time I rode it before this month was 3 years ago, and I came off with a bad headache/bright red ear. I really didn't want to ride again but @Guy_With_A_Stick told me the correct way to ride and I gave it a try on June 10th and it was as smooth as Goliath.

The "Proper way" to ride Demon:

1. Sit in the back car
2. Sit as tall as possible
3. Keep your head as forward as humanely possible for the entirety of the ride

I would still support removing it, however. Any coaster where you need to follow a certain technique to not get beat up is not a good coaster

Edit: Spelling error

I try to ride Batman the same way :)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 20th, 2017, 6:37 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:Not going to lie, it seems Demon has actually got smoother recently. Last time I rode it before this month was 3 years ago, and I came off with a bad headache/bright red ear. I really didn't want to ride again but @Guy_With_A_Stick told me the correct way to ride and I gave it a try on June 10th and it was as smooth as Goliath.

The "Proper way" to ride Demon:

1. Sit in the back car
2. Sit as tall as possible
3. Keep your head as forward as humanely possible for the entirety of the ride

I would still support removing it, however. Any coaster where you need to follow a certain technique to not get beat up is not a good coaster

Edit: Spelling error

I try to ride Batman the same way :)

You shouldn't need to do that if you sit in(my personal) "Golden Seat" on Batman: Back row, middle-left seat. Perfect ratio of intensity to smoothness.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby gottastrata33 on June 21st, 2017, 7:19 pm
Before I read any more, cut it out about Buccaneer Battle already. We get it you all hate it. But you're clearly looking right frickin past what it does for families. You don't like it, cool - Get over it! You all talk about wanting theming yet complain about the most themed attractions in the park next to JLBFM. The ride area is always packed with kids running around, it's popular whether you see that or not.
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 21st, 2017, 7:51 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Before I read any more, cut it out about Buccaneer Battle already. We get it you all hate it. But you're clearly looking right frickin past what it does for families. You don't like it, cool - Get over it! You all talk about wanting theming yet complain about the most themed attractions in the park next to JLBFM. The ride area is always packed with kids running around, it's popular whether you see that or not.

The area may be popular, but the ride isn't. Last year, I saw it with a line out of the station exactly twice the whole year. The thing only operates 4 hours a day, never has a line, and has employees bored out of their minds.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on June 21st, 2017, 8:00 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Before I read any more, cut it out about Buccaneer Battle already. We get it you all hate it. But you're clearly looking right frickin past what it does for families. You don't like it, cool - Get over it! You all talk about wanting theming yet complain about the most themed attractions in the park next to JLBFM. The ride area is always packed with kids running around, it's popular whether you see that or not.

I do agree it serves a purpose, but it does not serve its purpose well... A different family attraction would be able to draw more crowds and keep people entertained to a greater extent. We have a water park and three other water rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 22nd, 2017, 3:59 pm

What you say also describes Dark Knight as well! Very well themed, family ride that's fun even for adults! I don't get the "hatred" for that ride either.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on June 22nd, 2017, 10:20 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 22nd, 2017, 11:16 pm
Ooh, sounds interesting. Although with Joker and Justice League the past two years, I doubt any of them are coming to this park. But who knows, we may be surprised. We'll just have to wait until August.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on June 22nd, 2017, 11:33 pm
Let's remember, we are one of the best performing parks in the chain; we are now considered to be top 20 most visited nationwide; we had a visitor increase on an off year (2015). I think it may be likely we will get one of the five along with Great Adventure, Over Texas OR Fiesta Texas, Magic Mountain, and New England OR La Londe (They just removed a stand up)

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby gottastrata33 on June 23rd, 2017, 2:06 am
One of the 5 are most likely - I can almost say definitely - going to Fiesta Texas after that article on the park came out a couple months ago.

I would love to be surprised, but I sadly doubt as mentioned that we would be one of the parks to get anything major. HOWEVER it could be for the water park... ugh I don't wanna be this excited months before the announcement. I want summer to go slow haha ;D
gottastrata33

Postby maxwellt on June 23rd, 2017, 1:08 pm
I hope it's something cool! Maybe itll be a unique flat, I can't imagine it being a coaster tho...

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby staticshadows on June 23rd, 2017, 2:16 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby FParker185 on June 23rd, 2017, 6:48 pm
Six Flags did purchase at least one SkyWarp
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby gottastrata33 on June 23rd, 2017, 7:35 pm
Again, as we've talked about, I wouldn't complain about a "Pulsar" coaster, especially themed to Aquaman.
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 23rd, 2017, 10:01 pm
Well, than to narrow it down, the Larson Fireballs are at Over Georgia, St. Louis, New England, Great Escape, Fiesta Texas, Discovery Kingdom, Great Adventure, and America.

I doubt they would have a Fireball and this Skywarp ride at the same park. They look so similar to one another, but obviously they aren't.

So, the parks that don't have a Larson are 1 Great America, 2 Magic Mountain, 3 Over Texas, 4 La Ronde , 5 Mexico.

Guessing where they can put these things in 4 parks. Over Texas - behind Joker. Great America - Buccaneer Battle - Woo-Hoo!! - Magic Mountain - take down Viper, and probably would add a whole area there (not just this ride) - They really should get a Tony Hawk type of coaster though I think instead. La Ronde - Log Flume that's gone. I have no clue about Mexico.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on June 23rd, 2017, 10:46 pm
Just put it in HH along the parking lot ;)
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 24th, 2017, 9:06 pm
I predict Fiesta Texas will get a North America's first because if it is a "success" to the gp the next year they'll add it to more parks.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Wisco Woody on June 25th, 2017, 12:26 am
A Skywarp is literally just an immelman and dive loop drop connected by an inline twist at the top, traversed with trains nearly identical to those of a B&M wing coaster, and X-Flight already does each of those things in identical fashion. My bet would be on a giant Discovery replacing Revolution, or maybe but hopefully not V2, and an Endeavor replacing Orbit, or possibly a water park renovation with a new wave pool and a water coaster.

As for 2019 or 2020, what the Park seems to be gearing up for, I'd keep an eye as to how often Eagle blue is open, and how often both sides of Eagle are running simultaneously. The chance to replicate the success of Twisted Colossus on a larger scale would be a relatively easy and not overly expensive way to compete with the grandiose additions planned for a couple other Midwestern parks in the next few years.
Wisco Woody

Postby Wisco Woody on June 25th, 2017, 6:54 pm
Yes I did get the two confused, but the point remains that the Park's coasters already feature a plethora of loops, both full and partial in a variety of seating arrangements, so neither addition is very likely. I do however expect the entire Six Flags chain to continue their relationship with S&S, and by extension RMC.

While the chain will probably rely on Zamperla for most flats moving forward and hopefully for next year in particular, I expect to see competition between S&S/RMC and Premier to build the next set of small to medium sized compact coasters, especially small footprint launchers like new Skyrocket III layouts, and possibly even the S&S Bullet coaster or launched El Loco coming to some parks.
Wisco Woody

Postby FParker185 on June 25th, 2017, 10:45 pm
There was no leak, just heard from someone from another park who told me SFI bought at least one SkyWarp at IAAPA last year which due to a exclusivity clause prevented that park from purchasing one

No word beyond that.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby JaminOut on June 26th, 2017, 10:32 am
Wouldn't a Skywarp be a world's first attraction? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any have been installed yet. This to me sounds more like a Power Splash... Also, what about the record breaking attraction?

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby staticshadows on June 26th, 2017, 11:03 am
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum