Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on July 13th, 2017, 1:40 am
I honestly think we are getting a water park addition. I'd like to be surprised but I'm simply between that or a sky screamer. I have very high doubts on it being anything other than one of those two options for us.

I can def see Six Flags St. Louis & Discovery Kingdom getting an S&S free spin/fly. I hope SFOG gets a water park addition as well seeing their HH is in much need of growth still. Everything else is up in the air. I'm still kind of like wth on us getting what we got this year to be honest haha but I'm happy with it :)
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on July 13th, 2017, 11:51 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I honestly think we are getting a water park addition. I'd like to be surprised but I'm simply between that or a sky screamer. I have very high doubts on it being anything other than one of those two options for us.

I can def see Six Flags St. Louis & Discovery Kingdom getting an S&S free spin/fly. I hope SFOG gets a water park addition as well seeing their HH is in much need of growth still. Everything else is up in the air. I'm still kind of like wth on us getting what we got this year to be honest haha but I'm happy with it :)

I wouldn't mind those additions. I think we might see some surprises this year now that screamscape reported there will only be 2 Freespins and Sally Corp CEO says no Justice Leagues in 2018.
C101: Are you able to tell me if there are any more Justice League rides coming for Six Flags, or any other projects for Sally coming up?

JW: I think that Six Flags is going to pause. I’m hoping it’s just a pause, but after three good hard years of rolling these out I think they’re going to step back and see how the results are. But, we’re very hopeful that there’s more in the future.

http://www.coaster101.com/2017/07/11/ho ... rich-hill/

That will free up a large portion of the CapEx budget, so I am still hoping to see a couple Mack Power Splashes or some other interesting rides.
staticshadows

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 13th, 2017, 1:16 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:A few things...
And it's not a flat ride. At all. It's a roller coaster with a lift hill, is powered by gravity, and has independent trains with wheels.

Cam, stupid question, is V2 truly a roller coaster then, given the definition above? It's NOT powered by gravity because from what I understand the LIM thing is running all the time. Or am I wrong?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 13th, 2017, 5:09 pm
Well it's powered by gravity on the spikes, so it's just a launched shuttle coaster. Once you get into specific types of coasters, things get a bit grey.

Anyway, I just hope 2018 is something that'll help manage crowds a bit.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on July 14th, 2017, 9:47 am
^The LIMS just launch the coaster on the level track, as seen and heard by the white magnets, the spikes are solely track (if they would turn the holding brake back on it would be different).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby gottastrata33 on July 15th, 2017, 2:49 am
...Vertical Velocity is a roller coaster.
gottastrata33

Postby FParker185 on July 16th, 2017, 12:47 am
I didn't count them until I messed up my count and wanted to change my 200th coaster :)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby JaminOut on July 16th, 2017, 10:22 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:...Vertical Velocity is a roller coaster.

Don’t know if that was in response to me, but yes, V2 is a roller coaster along with those that still have the holding brake (Steel Venom).

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on July 17th, 2017, 10:14 pm
No, this is SFGAm, they'll either announce it the day of or a few days after :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby MrsTaxi on July 18th, 2017, 10:47 am
RollingCoasting wrote:No, this is SFGAm, they'll either announce it the day of or a few days after :lol:

Countdown till someone mention Orbit. 3...2...1 :lol:
MrsTaxi

Postby Coaster Justin on July 18th, 2017, 1:31 pm
doubleb wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:No, this is SFGAm, they'll either announce it the day of or a few days after :lol:

Well they did learn their lesson on early announcements when they tried to get rid of Whizzer. Don;t give people time to cause a stink. I'm happy they made the announcements early so I could alter my coaster trip plans. I was going to do a Carowinds, Dollywood, SFOG trip in August. I will now not go to SFOG and will wait till next year. I thought they were getting a 4D so didn't matter if I went 2017 or 2018, as i have the credit. I might just postpone the entire trip and go to CA Wonderland and hit those 3 next year. But, I still am itching to go ride Fury, the last North American gigas I need to ride.

How about Carowind's, Dollywood, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on July 18th, 2017, 2:09 pm
If you go to Canada's Wonderland, Are you also going to Marineland, Seabreeze, Martin's Fantasy Island, and Darien Lake?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 18th, 2017, 2:54 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
doubleb wrote:

How about Carowind's, Dollywood, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg?

Justin, I'm officially nominating you for the Forum's designated Trip Planner!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 18th, 2017, 2:55 pm
JaminOut wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:...Vertical Velocity is a roller coaster.

Don’t know if that was in response to me, but yes, V2 is a roller coaster along with those that still have the holding brake (Steel Venom).

Thanks for everyone's response to my silly question about V2. I don't know what I was thinking! Thanks for humoring me!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on July 20th, 2017, 12:00 am
I have been at Holiday World the last two days & after experiencing the water coasters again, I'm still on board for a proslide water coaster next year! ;)
gottastrata33

Postby Skankhunt42 on July 20th, 2017, 4:24 pm
doubleb wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:I have been at Holiday World the last two days & after experiencing the water coasters again, I'm still on board for a proslide water coaster next year! ;)

Please let's us all hope for some good flats over another water slide. That's what a so called" water coaster" is in reality. It's not a coaster, just like a Larson loop is not a coaster.

Haven't you seen the flooding in Gurnee? The ground is soaked and all 2018 project construction is cancelled until 2019. 2018 is a show year.

Have you been to Kentucky Kingdom this year? The bright yellow rollercoaster they got this year is awesome, it is my number two rollercoaster behind The Joker at SFGAM. Spinsanity at SFSTL is now my number three rollercoaster and then Goliath, Raging Bull round out my top five.

You should travel more.
Skankhunt42

Postby Goku1910 on July 20th, 2017, 6:39 pm
Skankhunt42 wrote:
doubleb wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:I have been at Holiday World the last two days & after experiencing the water coasters again, I'm still on board for a proslide water coaster next year! ;)

Please let's us all hope for some good flats over another water slide. That's what a so called" water coaster" is in reality. It's not a coaster, just like a Larson loop is not a coaster.

Haven't you seen the flooding in Gurnee? The ground is soaked and all 2018 project construction is cancelled until 2019. 2018 is a show year.

Have you been to Kentucky Kingdom this year? The bright yellow rollercoaster they got this year is awesome, it is my number two rollercoaster behind The Joker at SFGAM. Spinsanity at SFSTL is now my number three rollercoaster and then Goliath, Raging Bull round out my top five.

You should travel more.

Obvious troll post. Ground soaking? Is SFGAm built on a plot of quicksand or something? It's like if it rains too much a sinkhole will open and swallow the park whole. They teach you in science class how groundwater works.... :roll:

Kentucky Kingdom didn't get a coaster this year and Spinsanity is a coaster? Nah....
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on July 21st, 2017, 2:42 am
I understand it's not a coaster but calling it a water coaster & the park knowing it's a water slide is Ok. You can't say we don't need another water park addition when the park gets so packed & has not received an addition for 6yrs now. The dry park has received 5 additions without counting Ignight in that time frame. Both parks bring in money & both parks deserve solid additions. It's water park time & I am all for it.
gottastrata33

Postby illinoiscoasters on July 21st, 2017, 7:50 am
Hello everyone, this is my first post, so I am not sure how things work around here. But these are my thoughts.

Spinsanity Clone - We just lost Jester's Wild Ride, but that model was kind of outdated. A Spinsanity would be very similar, and it's modern. Where to put it however, I could see them putting it where SkyTrail used to be, next to Demon.

2nd Gen Enterprise - Same deal as Jester's. We just lost our Enterprise, but it was outdated. This is the modern version of that ride. I could easily see them placing it between Demon and Justice League to expand that area.

SkyScreamer - We've never really had anything like it (except for Condor), so it would be a great fit. And yes, I could see them removing Condor for it. Same deal. Outdated out, in-date in. I could see a Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth name because it's right next to Superman - Ultimate Flop and Dark Plight.
illinoiscoasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 21st, 2017, 12:07 pm
illinoiscoasters wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post, so I am not sure how things work around here. But these are my thoughts.

[ I could see a Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth name because it's right next to Superman - Ultimate Flop and Dark Plight.

You're killing me with the Superman and Dark Knight names! Dark Knight is a solid dark ride and family ride.
And Superman is a fun ride! Now, Lightning Rod should be renamed "Broken Rod" :D
I was at Dollywood 3 days this year and it wasn't running at all!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 21st, 2017, 12:09 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I understand it's not a coaster but calling it a water coaster & the park knowing it's a water slide is Ok. You can't say we don't need another water park addition when the park gets so packed & has not received an addition for 6yrs now. The dry park has received 5 additions without counting Ignight in that time frame. Both parks bring in money & both parks deserve solid additions. It's water park time & I am all for it.

The thing about water park additions is how many days out of the year can they be running vs. how many days out of the year a coaster or flat ride can be running? If anything the theme park needs a new attraction more since more people go on that side.

I am now wishing that they didn't build Joker this year and saved the $$ for something truly awesome and amazing for 2018.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on July 21st, 2017, 12:14 pm
That doesn't mean don't add to the water park. They still need additions every few years.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 21st, 2017, 12:22 pm
^ Yes, you're right. The water park does need additions as well. Perhaps for every 6-7 non-water additions there's 1 water addition. Is there room to build more stuff in HH?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 21st, 2017, 12:28 pm
I agree with strata. You can't ignore the Water Park year after year and it's been quite a while since anything has been done to the water park. Plus I think it's a draw for people. Look at the boost it had when they did the expansion after removing Space Shuttle America. I think we may be surprised this year and see something like a water coaster and a flat to the main park.

But it was also 2 years ago that all that surveying was going on in the picnic grove area and with all the last attractions back to X-Flight the surveys were done 2 years prior to anything happening. So keep an eye out for that area as well.

This is by far my favorite time of the year when all the speculation is gong on!

B&MGuy35

Postby illinoiscoasters on July 21st, 2017, 1:16 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
illinoiscoasters wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post, so I am not sure how things work around here. But these are my thoughts.

[ I could see a Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth name because it's right next to Superman - Ultimate Flop and Dark Plight.

You're killing me with the Superman and Dark Knight names! Dark Knight is a solid dark ride and family ride.
And Superman is a fun ride! Now, Lightning Rod should be renamed "Broken Rod" :D
I was at Dollywood 3 days this year and it wasn't running at all!!

Dark Knight's capacity and operations are :A::S::S:. And Superman is mostly forceless, doesn't do too much, and nowhere near the average wait time.
illinoiscoasters

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum