Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2018 rumors, thoughts and speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby maxwellt on August 16th, 2017, 2:36 pm
That's a good way to look at it, but it's gonna be big easy balloons for mardi gras....that's it

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 16th, 2017, 2:40 pm
Maybe for 2018, they can add Jester's back in King Chaos's spot or a flat in its spot
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2017, 2:44 pm
It kind of proves that Mardi Gras was a flop. Ragin Cajun, Jester's, and now King Chaos are all dead. Thankfully, the Balloons (the best ride of them to me) are still at the park.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2017, 2:47 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:It kind of proves that Mardi Gras was a flop. Ragin Cajun, Jester's, and now King Chaos are all dead. Thankfully, the Balloons (the best ride of them) is still at the park.

Eh. I don't know why it matters if a particular expansion was a "flop" or not. It had some decent stuff that was there for a while. Better than IgNight or Operation Spygirl.
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2017, 3:29 pm
^It kind of proves that people like a lot of the older rides over the newer rides. People have this concept that NEW is always great no matter what. I think you need a balance between new and old.

If the park adds in just a plain old Larsoon Looper, it's like the park is going full circle again. That ride is just a Power Dive (without the track) that goes upside down more.

I guess the marketing scheme with a Larsoon Looper & a water coaster in the waterpark (if Screamscape is right) is going to be 2 coasters in 1 year! :roll: :roll:

So, if the park is gets a Larson Looper, I won't be riding it, so enjoy it. For me, that's the worst upside down flat the park would have. Power Dive was better to me because it goes upside down less and it's more programmed, and Orbit to me was the best upside down flat ride at Great America. From best to worst to me, it's Orbit -> Power Dive -> King Chaos -> Larson Looper ..

If I wanted to go all time favorite flat ride upside down ride it would (best to worst) -> Zipper -> Tivoli Spin Out -> CHANCE Chaos (which is very similar to the Zipper) -> Zamperla Power Surge or Shocker -> XCalibur -> Orbit -> Loop-O-Plane -> Power Dive (After Power Dive / Phoenix, all these other upside down rides to me are not good. I don't care to ride them even once.)-> Mondial Space Roller (I don't like the carnival version, but it's a little better than King Chaos. Cedar Fair though could have programmed it slower to make it better, so who knows?) -> King Chaos -> Larson Looper -> Larson Hi-Roller (This is just so horrible!)

^Never been on the Zamperla Air Race, Zamperla pendulums that go upside down, Tivoli Remix might be go upside down?, never been on KMG Tango, never been on a Rock-O-Plane, etc.

I might get on the water coaster though.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2017, 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2017, 3:53 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^It kind of proves that people like a lot of the older rides over the newer rides. People have this concept that NEW is always great no matter what. I think you need a balance between new and old.

If the park adds in just a plain old Larsoon Looper, it's like the park is going full circle again. That ride is just a Power Dive (without the track) that goes upside down more.

I guess the marketing scheme with a Larsoon Looper & a water coaster in the waterpark (if Screamscape is right) is going to be 2 coasters in 1 year! :roll: :roll:

It doesn't really prove anything. A ride isn't always taken out because it's not popular. Six Flags considered RC goodugh to be an addition to another park. Jester's was removed for space reasons, not because of popularity. It may be back.

I don't think the general public would really think a Larson loop is anything like Power Dive. Yes, they both go upside down, but they look very different.

Some old rides are good. Some new rides are good. A part should have both. Does anybody really dispute that at all?

I just don't get the idea of looking back on past years and deciding that something was some huge flop. Unless you know the details of what they projected and how the park actually did, you don't really know.
anewman35

Postby BabyDinosaur on August 16th, 2017, 3:57 pm
I'm at the park today, one of my friends who works here told me that King Chaos is actually closing today. Probably wanna get on today just in case it does.
BabyDinosaur

Postby RollingCoasting on August 16th, 2017, 5:22 pm
Awesome

Finally might be able to get on the last cycle :)
RollingCoasting

Postby maxwellt on August 16th, 2017, 5:44 pm
So another unannounced removal....ugh I don't take it personally, but it could trigger people, plus isn't it a good marketing strategy, to let people know it's it's last day?

maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2017, 6:17 pm
maxwellt wrote:So another unannounced removal....ugh I don't take it personally, but it could trigger people, plus isn't it a good marketing strategy, to let people know it's it's last day?

I saw somebody on Facebook say the last day was the 29th or something. I guess we'll see what happens (but the Orbit rumors were equally unsourced and turned out to be true...)
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on August 16th, 2017, 7:11 pm
That was jiggidy

maxwellt

Postby coasterkidd100 on August 16th, 2017, 7:19 pm
I am pretty sure Jiggidy was right about Orbit's closing date so he might be right about this one too. I guess it is time to get our final rides on King Chaos just in case this rumor ends up being true.
coasterkidd100

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2017, 8:45 pm
I just find it kind of funny now that the other Great America puts in a ride called Railblazer, and this Great America might put a ride in Trailblazer's spot - in the same year.
Ilovthevu'

Postby WolfsterJ on August 16th, 2017, 9:00 pm
WolfsterJ wrote: I'll bet $5 on King Chaos being gone on the 28th.

Welp can't say I wasn't close... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Ill take my $5 in the form of park vouchers, please.
WolfsterJ

Postby RollingCoasting on August 16th, 2017, 9:50 pm
BabyDinosaur wrote:I'm at the park today, one of my friends who works here told me that King Chaos is actually closing today. Probably wanna get on today just in case it does.

Well the ride-ops on the last cycle didn't mention anything about the ride closing... I guess it's possible it still closed but they didn't acknowledge it for some reason? Guess we'll find out tomorrow
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 17th, 2017, 2:20 am
Well.... if this happens, They will probably move Jesters Wild Ride and King Chaos to our official hand me down park, Six Flags America, lol. The whole entire Mardi Gras Section can be reunited in Matyland, lol
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby anewman35 on August 17th, 2017, 8:35 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:
BabyDinosaur wrote:I'm at the park today, one of my friends who works here told me that King Chaos is actually closing today. Probably wanna get on today just in case it does.

Well the ride-ops on the last cycle didn't mention anything about the ride closing... I guess it's possible it still closed but they didn't acknowledge it for some reason? Guess we'll find out tomorrow

For the record, it was running today.
anewman35

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 17th, 2017, 10:54 pm
Heard the rumor so I got my possible last ride on it yesterday. That is something I did not get for Orbit. It confuses me why they don't announce stuff like this... you would think it would boost attendance just even the slightest bit for a week or two. Its almost like they don't want to deal with public backlash to me.

I see a super loop in it's spot. Would fit perfectly, no? Im not the biggest super loop guy... but I wasn't a big King Chaos fan either. Just don't advertise it as a roller coaster :roll: . If it is a flat ride addition I am really hopeful it isn't a superloop. Even if its a custom.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on August 17th, 2017, 11:52 pm
^^ Thanks for the confirmation. I'm going to guess the 27th is the official closing date then since JiggidyNDG usually knows his stuff
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on August 18th, 2017, 10:24 am
New teaser up:

https://twitter.com/SFGreat_America/sta ... 0352819201

Doesn't really seem to say anything new, but I think this is confirmation (if we didn't already believe it) that whatever is happening is happening in the King Choas spot. It also makes me doubt the HH thing a bit. If they were doing things in two places, seems weird all the teasers would only show one of those places...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on August 18th, 2017, 10:26 am
The other weird thing is they certainly seem to hinting pretty strongly at a "storm" themed ride. Is that really the best idea in a New Orleans themed area? I know it's been a while now, but they've obviously had some real life issues with storms...
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 18th, 2017, 10:32 am
Maybe it'll be called "Hurricane Force 5" like the ride at Fiesta Texas. After all hurricanes are pretty common down in New Orleans and the "chase" bit could refer to Force 5
RollingCoasting

Postby Lizardgi on August 18th, 2017, 12:39 pm
I will only assume that "Storm" will be based off of the DC Comic Character. I'm not sure Six Flags is capable of a non IP branded attraction anymore.
Lizardgi

Postby great america fan on August 18th, 2017, 1:07 pm
Lizardgi wrote:I will only assume that "Storm" will be based off of the DC Comic Character. I'm not sure Six Flags is capable of a non IP branded attraction anymore.

Storm is a marvel character.
great america fan

Postby rb1 on August 18th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Storm hurricane weather related Im guessing hurricane harbor getting something new maybe a record breaking water coaster or slide. It can't be a big coaster unless they can squeeze one in Mardi gras area.
rb1

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum