Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

[Delete]

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby staticshadows on June 7th, 2017, 4:47 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
staticshadows

Postby maxwellt on June 7th, 2017, 6:23 pm
And when the water coaster comes, it'll probably take the place of the pictorium, that theatre yes is huge, can never be filled and is rarely used, it should be number one on the chopping block

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Coaster Justin on June 8th, 2017, 2:32 am
maxwellt wrote:And when the water coaster comes, it'll probably take the place of the pictorium, that theatre yes is huge, can never be filled and is rarely used, it should be number one on the chopping block

Sadly your probably right. I've said it a few times that they should have it weave around/through Viper.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby maxwellt on June 8th, 2017, 9:31 am
Think this, sfgam is gonna try to rival the dells at least a bit, trying to get more Wisconsin people to come to great America over the dells. To rival the dells, they would put a water coaster in. As much as I want that pictorium area used for something cool, I'm afraid that wont happen

maxwellt

Postby sfgam1976 on June 8th, 2017, 10:44 am
doubleb wrote:
maxwellt wrote:And when the water coaster comes, it'll probably take the place of the pictorium, that theatre yes is huge, can never be filled and is rarely used, it should be number one on the chopping block

Put it in the parking lot and use the Pictorium space for something good and useful..ie...flat rides. The flat ride line up is old and poor. Better yet, a water coaster is not needed.

What parks do you think have a better and more unique flat collection? Ricochet, lobster, condor, rue le Dodge, columbia, fling are pretty unique to our park in today's age. Triple, hometown, river rocker, chubasco are classic common flats. So we have a combination of classics and unique rides so what exactly is your complaint? I really want to hear which parks you think have more quality and quantity of flats because our collection is pretty much unmatched id say.
sfgam1976

Postby RollingCoasting on June 8th, 2017, 11:45 am
Our family flats are great, my main beef with our flat collection is the lack of thrill rides. Revolution, Giant Drop, King Chaos, and Dare Devil Dive (if it even counts) are really are only ones, now that Orbit is a memory of the past. The last new thrill ride was 13 years ago, so something like a Giant Discovery or a Skyscreamer is seemingly overdue.
RollingCoasting

Postby sfgam1976 on June 8th, 2017, 12:19 pm
Ah I see. I've been to most of those parks and can totally agree their flat packages are amazing compared to our terrible collection just because we have 2 outdated huss flats and not the brand new discoveries! I wish they would just bulldoze great America and build la ronde in its place even though la ronde has a worse version of revolution and neither of the flats you say are so integral to our lineup. But you pay to visit anyway so I guess jokes on you as you are funding our terrible flat collection.
sfgam1976

Postby sfgam1976 on June 8th, 2017, 1:21 pm
doubleb wrote:
sfgam1976 wrote:Ah I see. I've been to most of those parks and can totally agree their flat packages are amazing compared to our terrible collection just because we have 2 outdated huss flats and not the brand new discoveries! I wish they would just bulldoze great America and build la ronde in its place even though la ronde has a worse version of revolution and neither of the flats you say are so integral to our lineup. But you pay to visit anyway so I guess jokes on you as you are funding our terrible flat collection.

Actually I don't a pass b/c of SFGAm. I buy a pass to go to other SF parks such as GAdv, SFMM, SFOT, etc... I will go to GAm maybe 3 times all year, not a chance before July. I have already spent 7 days at other parks across the country this year and scheduled trips for another 6 days at other parks.

Btw, it's not just that the park has 2 outdated Huss flats, it's the fact more than 1/2 their flats are 40years old, outdated and thrill free.

This is a family park not a thrill park. Kids and families love our diverse flat collection which is why it is great. Just because some are old doesn't mean they aren't great rides. How old are rides allowed to be before we remove them based on age alone? If I don't like a place I don't visit 3 times a year so I guess you're admitting our park is pretty good because if you did not you would not visit and wouldn't care enough to post on a forum for fans of the park multiple times a week which means you're thinking about great America often. Glad you are a member of the great America fan club.
sfgam1976

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2017, 1:34 pm
^You lost all credibility when you said that a stupid Larson Looper is a great flat, and the park needs one. Are you kidding me? Windy City Amusements has been trying to sell that piece of garbage for years, and no one is buying it. http://www.intermarkridegroup.com/spect ... all-sp1354

You seriously consider a Sky Screamer a great flat. What a joke that is too? It's swings up in the air. Great America doesn't need that because the park has Sky Trek Tower, Condor, Big Easy Balloons, and the Whirligig. A toddler could ride a Sky Screamer based on how thrilling it really is. That is your answer to thrill rides. All it is fear of heights syndrome. Not about how thrilling it is. Whirligig is exactly the same thing, but just not as tall.

Absolutely, the King Chaos, and the Revolution are run really wimpy. The Revolution should be run better, and King Chaos should be taken out.

Without the park calling the Joker a flat, we just received our best flat in the park - essentially a shorter ride on the Zipper = the Joker.

The park should have bought a Chance Revolution (aka KMG Afterburner, but it's the permanent model) instead of the Huss Frisbee.

You say SFOT has such better flats yet they really have one better one than Great America's. That's the Zamperla Discovery. The new Zamperla ride is just a redo of the Enterprise the park just had last year. What else do they have that you just love SFOT over SFGAm. They have a Scrambler (TOO old for you!), a Chance Trabant (TOO old for you), Zamperla Tea Cups (NOT thrilling to you), Rocking boat (NOT thrilling for you), Huss Troika (TOO old for you), Old train (TOO old for you), Huss Breakdance (It's a boring ride), a Carousel (TOO old for you!), a Chance Yo-Yo (TOO old for you), etc. Oh, wow another I'm scared of heights swing ride up in the air. So, I guess thrill now means fear of heights.. So, people should climb go up a tree, and that's a thrill.

SFDK great flats. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..

At least Six Flags New England has a Wipeout, and a Flying Bobs.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2017, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2017, 1:49 pm
^So, you must be really, really mad at Cedar Fair buying those terrible OLD / OLD rides you hate so much. Huss Troika / Huss Condor / Zierer Wave Swingers / Musik Expresses. All those rides are horrible. How do you stand those oldness of those rides?? lol lol lol lol lol

Cedar Point old flats - Antique Cars / Calypso / Himalaya / Scrambler / Tilt-A-Whirl / Matterhorn / Monster / Enterprise / Ferris Wheel / Troika / S&S Tower /Scrambler / Old Train / Sky Ride / Bumper Cars / Multiple Carousels / Rocking Boat / Zierer Wave Swinger.. They are just so outdated at that park.. I don't know how you can stand that park with those OLD rides.. Even some of their coasters are so OLD, and outdated... Yuck. lol lol
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 8th, 2017, 2:02 pm
How did this become into a huge argument about our flats?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on June 8th, 2017, 2:08 pm
^ Anytime you see this:
lastpost.png
lastpost.png (2.05 KiB) Viewed 13374 times

There's almost certainly an ongoing (Usually off-topic) argument :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2017, 3:14 pm
^Only 1 of those rides in my opinion is a very good ride. Still not a great ride, and that's Max air. A Disko is boring. Skyhawk is a forceless ride compared to the KMG rides. It also had a huge accident with the ride shearing parts. This is why Six Flags should not buy S&S products even though the Joker / aka shorter Chance Zipper is a great ride. I talked about the fear of heights ride.

You just seem to be one of those latest and greatest types of people. You love new stuff. If it's not new, you don't ride it just because it's not new. Ricochet (Huss Swing Around) and the Scrambler in my opinion are more fun than Max Air though with the Joker / aka shorter Chance Zipper being the best flat at Great America, and that beats the flats at Cedar Point. Of course, the park is going to classify the Joker as a roller coaster, but how it rides is totally a flat ride - exactly like the Chance Zipper. It's just a modernized version.

Better than those rides at Cedar Point, I feel are the Matterhorn and the Tilt-A-Whirl. They are older though, and you wouldn't like them. The Matterhorn though has too short of a cycle. It just starts going, and it ends way too short. It could be a great ride at Cedar Point, but fails. The Tilt-A-Whirl is a great ride, but I still feel that the Joker / aka shorter Chance Zipper would beat a Tilt-A-Whirl. And whoever thinks that a Tilt-A-Whirl is not a thrill ride, ride with me. We will be spinning 10 times around for 2 minutes.
Ilovthevu'

Postby sfgam1976 on June 8th, 2017, 3:45 pm
I've been to almost all cedar fair parks and most six flags parks. The reason the flats have short lines is because they are mostly high capacity rides. Most days more people ride certain flats than ride Goliath. Fling has a higher hourly capacity than Goliath or V2, and frequently beats it in daily ridership. There's some facts for you so according to your logic we should tear down half our coasters because there some more popular flat rides. I've been to Kings Dominion and Carowinds and anyone who says their ride collection runs circles around ours is delusional. They have a few good coasters each and that's about it. Makes sense you are a liberal as you attack anyone who disagrees with your feeling that great america is a terrible park even though it is the #20 park in the country in terms of attendance so 2.9 million people disagree with you.
sfgam1976

Postby sfgam1976 on June 8th, 2017, 4:40 pm
doubleb wrote:
sfgam1976 wrote:I've been to almost all cedar fair parks and most six flags parks. The reason the flats have short lines is because they are mostly high capacity rides. Most days more people ride certain flats than ride Goliath. Fling has a higher hourly capacity than Goliath or V2, and frequently beats it in daily ridership. There's some facts for you so according to your logic we should tear down half our coasters because there some more popular flat rides. I've been to Kings Dominion and Carowinds and anyone who says their ride collection runs circles around ours is delusional. They have a few good coasters each and that's about it. Makes sense you are a liberal as you attack anyone who disagrees with your feeling that great america is a terrible park even though it is the #20 park in the country in terms of attendance so 2.9 million people disagree with you.

The reason the flat at GAm, have no lines is b/c of the capacity...LOL You're pulling more BS than the other thread where you made ridiculous claims and got mad you have no source. KD and Carrowinds are better parks than GAm. You're lack of logic and inability to form a coherent argument is summed up in your last sentence.

PS:

You're a pathological liar, just like you're boy Trump. You clearly are a Republicon b/c you ignore facts and make up nonsense. What can you expect from a party that has based economic policy on completely disproven notion of trickle down. The educated Repubs know it's a lie, but just don't want to pay taxes. They then repeat the lie so lower income rubes buy it...ie..you If you repeat al ie long enough a certain number of people believe it, despite facts. Now go back to the other thread and try to make up up more BS b/c you have no facts to back your claims and everybody knows it.

What is a republicon? Where can I visit Carrrrrrrrowinds? And you mean your. Hopefully I will one day be as intellectual as you! You're right I guess I need to concede​ if only we had a giga, arrow, and launched impulse as our top 3. Hopefully one day we will be so lucky to be blessed with the amazing coaster lineup of a boomerang, vekoma flyer, intamin standup, and a hurler. Our park is just so terrible you've finally got me. Sorry for being so blind. And you're right about my last sentence!
sfgam1976

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 8th, 2017, 4:53 pm
Ok no need to bring in politics into this. There's members of both major parties on this forum speaking together in peace. We don't need to cause a split here. This is a SFGAm forum, not a political one.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby batty13 on June 8th, 2017, 10:55 pm
Anyway.... getting the topic back on track;

I would agree with some people who may say that Wahoo Racers are not the safest water slide (I almost either fall off my mat, or I feel like I am about to launch into another lane on the ride down) however, I do believe if they seemed it to be an issue they would have taken it out when the incident happened. Im not quite sure where they would be able to expand HH anymore unless they were to take out a slide complex of some sort, or add on to an existing one.
batty13

Postby Coaster Justin on June 8th, 2017, 11:11 pm
batty13 wrote:Anyway.... getting the topic back on track;

I would agree with some people who may say that Wahoo Racers are not the safest water slide (I almost either fall off my mat, or I feel like I am about to launch into another lane on the ride down) however, I do believe if they seemed it to be an issue they would have taken it out when the incident happened. Im not quite sure where they would be able to expand HH anymore unless they were to take out a slide complex of some sort, or add on to an existing one.

Bad example but Six Flags America replaced a Splash House with another Splash House.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby maxwellt on June 9th, 2017, 9:31 am
Okay I don't like arguing about the flats, but here it comes. So sure we have 35 flats, and that may not sound like a lot compared to other six flags or cedar fair, but we have a great collection of family flats. Thrilling flats are not so good, but with touch ups on both we could have a stellar flat line up, and maybe even break 40

maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on June 9th, 2017, 9:34 am
Back on track tho (and double post my b), I could see them getting rid of wahoo racer, I'm just not sure if it could fit a water coaster. Get rid of pictorium and put a water coaster there. And then wahoo racer could be new room for just another water slide, or something

maxwellt

Postby staticshadows on June 9th, 2017, 9:46 am
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby maxwellt on June 9th, 2017, 10:07 am
Well I definitely stand corrected. Thanks staticshadows! That looks really nice tho, six flags could easily do that for our park! Then I don't know about pictorium

maxwellt

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum