Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What days are usually busy with field trips in May?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jwlnroe on March 23rd, 2017, 10:20 am
Hi I am taking my daughter hopefully May 23 and 24th. Will those days be bad as far as schools being there? When we went last year in May it was packed with school buses so just curious if there are days of the week in May that are better to visit then others where the lines will be nice and short. Thanks for any input.
jwlnroe

Postby great america fan on March 23rd, 2017, 10:38 am
most grade schools go after memorial day so you should be ok as far as field trips go... but for a lot of the high schools have their finals that week or the week before so I would watch out for the crowds of high schools
great america fan

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 23rd, 2017, 10:53 am
^Nope, local High Schools get out the week of Memorial Day.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby jwlnroe on March 23rd, 2017, 10:55 am
Ok thanks for the reply.
jwlnroe

Postby RollingCoasting on March 23rd, 2017, 11:06 am
I can't speak for the morning, but last year I went on a Friday afternoon in May (Most schools had left) and it was pretty dead. Goliath only had a 5 minute wait in the regular line and I remember seeing Batman and V2 having no line. Being a Tuesday and Wednesday, it should be less crowded at that time. The only concern would be if that is a Bring a Friend for Free day (Check the list), in which I'd advise you by all means, to not go.
RollingCoasting

Postby jwlnroe on March 23rd, 2017, 11:14 am
RollingCoasting wrote:I can't speak for the morning, but last year I went on a Friday afternoon in May (Most schools had left) and it was pretty dead. Goliath only had a 5 minute wait in the regular line and I remember seeing Batman and V2 having no line. Being a Tuesday and Wednesday, it should be less crowded at that time. The only concern would be if that is a Bring a Friend for Free day (Check the list), in which I'd advise you by all means, to not go.

How will I know before I go if its bring a friend day? we will be getting our season passes that first day we go and when I log into my app it just says expired for rewards and coupons since I haven't activated my new pass yet. Hoping for the best and that there won't be a bring a friend day when I go. . Thanks for that info as well. We will make the best of whatever crowds just nice going early in the season to avoid them.. since we are driving 4 hours we are hitting the park for 2 days. Makes the most of the trip.
jwlnroe

Postby ilrider on March 23rd, 2017, 12:40 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^Nope, local High Schools get out the week of Memorial Day.

Some are actually out the week before Memorial Day this year, including the one where I work and another where two of my children go to school, both only a few miles away from the park.
ilrider

Postby RollingCoasting on March 23rd, 2017, 3:40 pm
^^ Here is a list of all the 2017 Discount Days

2017discountdays.png

Looks like that 2 dates you listed fall on a Bring a Friend for 30 bucks day, so it'll probably be a little more crowded than I described before, but no where near the atrocity of a Bring a Friend for Free day, lol.
RollingCoasting

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum