Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2017 Preview Weekend Announced

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on April 15th, 2017, 12:06 pm
Despite the website saying they're only open til 6 today, signs and employees say they're open til 7.

Also, the season pass parking like was way longer and slower than the regular parking lot line...

And I saw a sign for "preferred parking" near Hurricane Harbor, that's new, right?
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on April 15th, 2017, 12:46 pm
^ Correct, that sign is new

Just arrived, not as crowded as I thought it would be. It's like an average July day
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on April 15th, 2017, 8:18 pm
A few additional thoughts from today:

- The new Cell Tower makes a world of difference for me on T-Mobile, I could actually use my phone for the first time ever.

- As somebody else mentioned, yellow All-Season bottles ARE available (for $30), but they're hardly promoted at all, just a few signs on counters. They said this was a limited time offer, ending May 29th I believe.

- I get why they'd wait to open the new ride (I hate it, but I get it), but it's nothing but shameful that they couldn't get the Lobster ready, or that Capone's is basically just gutted and isn't even close to being ready.

- I complain a lot about slow/horrible food service, so a special shout out to Pizza Orleans at lunch, which was one of the more efficient meals I've ever had there. The less said about my other food lines the better.

- The Goliath Coke menu shows Orange Fanta, but they don't actually have Orange Fanta in their machine. Grr.

- All the menus list calories now, is that new?

- I only went on a few things, but I agree with other reports that loading generally seemed a little faster (no "Take Five") and ride cycles also seemed a little shorter.

- I'll never really get what's on the dining plan vs what's not. Like, why give free cheese with nachos and not pretzels?
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on April 15th, 2017, 8:27 pm
I was at the park from around 12:45 up until wayyy past closing. I came in with a negative attitude, but I ended up having an excellent day! I also got Last ride of the day for the first time, on V2! :D Nine total rides

Will post a complete trip report later
RollingCoasting

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum