Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Season Dining Pass - Good or Bad?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 11th, 2016, 4:31 pm
How long has the dining pass been offered at our park?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on November 11th, 2016, 4:44 pm
I think since 2013 or 2014
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on November 12th, 2016, 12:56 am
If you're not okay with park food lines, then don't purchase the pass, as you have to buy during certain times of the day and it'd be pointless to leave the park since you can just get a meal for free.

If you're fine with the park food lines and quality of the food, get the pass. It will definitely pay itself off within 3 or so visits, so you'll be saving a ton of money.
RollingCoasting

Postby MrsTaxi on November 12th, 2016, 10:05 am
My 2 cents......I've had the dining pass for the last 3 seasons. It's been Ok. Here's a few tips:

1. Eat lunch and dining right at the start times.....Little to no line. Snacks are a little trickier.
2. in my opinion, Mooseburger and Angelo's have the best food and service. Can't explain why I love that spaghetti. YMMV
3. For snacks, I usually stick with Cotton candy or pre-package ice cream.( always tastes good)
4. "soft" pretzels are anything but.....They could also be deemed as weapons.

All MOO :D
MrsTaxi

Postby radiohead on November 12th, 2016, 10:57 am
I agree with the post above. I have the dining pass, and I almost never wait in a long line. I always eat lunch as close to 11:30 as possible. All the lines are pretty short at that time.
I've received a free drink bottle each of the last two years. That's worth $20 or more. When I remove the cost of the drink bottle, the dining pass can pay for itself in just two visits to the park (4 meals and 2 snacks).
I always visit Great America at least ten times every season. This year I visited the park around 20 times. If I count snacks at $1 each, I paid around $1.50 per meal. That shows how cheap the Dining pass can be. I didn't always have two meals, and I didn't always have a snack.
The food is not the greatest quality, but some of it is pretty good. On days when they close early, it can be hard to get the second meal. Pizza was the only option for a second meal for me twice this year. Everything else was closed. If the park is going to close at or before 6 PM, most food options will close before 4:30.
radiohead

Postby stergmi on November 15th, 2016, 8:07 am
Angelo's has been best bang for my buck because it never seems to matter how long the line or what time of day you'll get through the food line and eating in under 15 minutes. They only have pizza, spaghetti and meatball subs. Side salads are self serve. It's literally the Raging Bull of food service in regards to how quick they chew through lines.

You're only other option is getting into a food service place right at start times for meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 23rd, 2016, 4:23 pm
Just took the plunge and bought the Season Dining pass! About $95 including $8 in tax. I'm gonna eat lunch and dinner early as suggested by a couple people. I can't wait for 2017 to get here!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on November 28th, 2016, 3:30 am
I've had the all around gold membership since 2013. I wouldn't go to the park as much as I do without the dining pass no way. Yes I've waited in long lines at times but getting two free meals & a snack is well worth it to keep me energized in my opinion. Plus who doesn't love a free frickin funnel cake whenever you go?!
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterCale on November 29th, 2016, 11:26 am
The chain has a contract with Coke that all food employees ask if the guests would like to purchase a sports bottle. When one doesn't ask it's usually a combo of having a mind lapse, reading the customer and assuming, or simply not wanting to put up with stuck up people. It's a sales pitch. Get over it.
As a guest I think the dining pass is great, but I've heard several employees say it messes up their transactions and ultimately slows lines for everybody.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby stockboy300 on January 8th, 2017, 1:15 pm
I really like the dinning pass. The food is mediocre at best. Best burger and onion rings Johnny Rockets. I tried the turkey leg for the first time and really liked it. I didn't understand why it was a up charge. Grilled chicken sandwich and salad at Strutters was decent. Corn dog's are also ok. I would get the spaghetti when I bought a friend with no money. Once in while would get a pulled pork from JB's Nothing I really felt like I absolutely had to have. Funnel cake and Churros![THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby Coaster Justin on January 9th, 2017, 3:16 am
stockboy300 wrote:I really like the dinning pass. The food is mediocre at best. Best burger and onion rings Johnny Rockets. I tried the turkey leg for the first time and really liked it. I didn't understand why it was a up charge. Grilled chicken sandwich and salad at Strutters was decent. Corn dog's are also ok. I would get the spaghetti when I bought a friend with no money. Once in while would get a pulled pork from JB's Nothing I really felt like I absolutely had to have. Funnel cake and Churros![THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

6 Below and Nacho Grande are my personal favorites.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum