Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Rides in storage

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby great america fan on October 11th, 2016, 7:58 pm
With the announcement that jesters will be put in storage it got me wondering what other rides are in storage. I know buzzy Bees but is there anything else?
great america fan

Postby stergmi on October 11th, 2016, 8:07 pm
Isn't the Ameri-go-round still in storage?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby RollingCoasting on October 11th, 2016, 9:09 pm
I think Waddaview is

Probably still some Looney Tooter Trains, too

Removing BBNP was one of the park's worst ideas in my opinion
RollingCoasting

Postby stergmi on October 12th, 2016, 1:54 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I think Waddaview is

You don't love the Go Karts?
stergmi

Postby Coaster Justin on October 12th, 2016, 2:52 pm
stergmi wrote:

No, Not really. I'm against all pay rides. I'd rather Season Passes go up $20 than have Go-Karts
All pay rides do is take space away from free attractions that could have higher capacity.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby stergmi on October 12th, 2016, 2:54 pm
I was being facetious. No one loves go karts. BBNP was a far superior kid section than Camp Cartoon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 12th, 2016, 3:33 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
stergmi wrote:

No, Not really. I'm against all pay rides. I'd rather Season Passes go up $20 than have Go-Karts
All pay rides do is take space away from free attractions that could have higher capacity.

I agree with you about the Go-Karts, but the Daredevil Dive thing isn't bad. Doesn't take up much space and people seem to like it. IF anything maybe they could lower the price to $10 a person to increase rides. It does bring in some extra $$ for the park. But those Go-Karts have to go!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on October 12th, 2016, 4:21 pm
I've yet to the Go-Karts myself, but I plan to next time. Dare Devil Dive was amazing when I did it on Saturday. Park's best flat ride hands down.

BBNP was definitely the park's best, and most scenic kid's area. I'd still ride Looney Tooter if it was still here.
Winner's Circle may not be everyone's favorite ride, but it's reeling in money for the park. So unless space opens up for it to be moved somewhere else (Preferably a secluded area), expect it to stay where it is
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on October 12th, 2016, 6:04 pm
It's not your opinion, it's a fact. Removing BBNP was a terrible decision. The park put in all that effort to revive a part of family history with Little Dipper all to tear out a kids section right next door. The ball pit thing, yes was Ok leaving but I don't know WHY the park didn't get at least one/two more rides from that park & call that section of the park KIDDIE LAND! Sometimes it kills me how almost obvious something is to do & how they miss an opportunity like that.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterCale on October 20th, 2016, 10:28 am
I have to agree on how Six Flags and many chains miss opportunities that literally a 16 year old could pick up on. Still am rather surprised they thought out Joker battling Batman in Yukon.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby n9yty on October 25th, 2016, 4:19 pm
Always the contrarian, but my kid likes the Go Karts. Got the season pass, so it seemed a good value for him. I don't go on them myself. However, it has been the source of our most unpleasant experiences in the park - seems to attrack a certain kind of people there, or maybe it is just the adrenaline getting pumped up and carrying over... My kid was actually manhandled by a guest who thought he shouldn't have to wait behind him, picking him up and moving him. Not cool. Other times they just pushed past him. Mixed results with telling the staff, some care, some don't. But we didn't have that kind of experience anywhere else in the park.
n9yty

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 26th, 2016, 1:56 pm
^ That is NOT cool!!! There's no reason to manhandle someone else's kids. I would have gone ballistic on someone for doing that to either of my kids.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby n9yty on October 26th, 2016, 2:17 pm
I'm 6'2" or so, 300lb, bald, and I generally, for some reason or other, strike fear into a lot of folks. Which is a shame, I'm a nice guy. :) But let me tell you, that particular idot got a special kind of verbal correction, no profanity, but he looked petrified. My kid was in awe. LoL At least for that incident, he was asked to leave the GoKart area, although I think he should have been sent out of the park for sure, and he is lucky I didn't press formal charges. But, like the post over in the Fright Fest thread, we are surrounded by more and more self-important idiots who don't respect anything but themselves and what they want. I guess that is what comes from living in relatively easy times with no real threats or challenges, and where you don't even have to do an awful lot to just survive if you play your cards right. But I digress...

All in all, though, fabulous first year, bought four season passes for us next year and looking foward to it. Hoping they might consider Holiday in th Park next year. We are going to St. Louis this year as I've heard that the card will ring up that we are visitng from Great America so hopefully it sends a small message if enough people go. LoL

As for rides in storage, like the Jester, my 10yo liked that ride, but he probably wouldn't next year. He didn't do a lot of big rides this year but I think he will next year especailly with the season pass whereas this year he only went a few times. I imagine there is a huge struggle to try to keep things new and interesting every year but not kill things people have come to love. Glad it isn't my job to make those calls. :)
n9yty

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 26th, 2016, 2:26 pm
^ Good for you! I'm glad you gave that rude person a verbal lashing. Your kid will never forget how dad stuck up for him! I love it!!

CoasterRiderSC

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum