Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official 'The Joker' Topic

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby staticshadows on September 1st, 2016, 5:31 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Mean Streaker on September 1st, 2016, 6:25 pm
staticshadows wrote:The Joker at Over Texas has all purple track and all green supports. I think we got the better paint scheme.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottyWK/sta ... 0759357441

At least SF is original enough to have different color schemes.
Mean Streaker

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2016, 7:01 pm
It'd be cool if they kept RC facade in front of the Joker and I could say: Joker's Jokes
SFGAM_Hog

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 7:11 pm
I like ours. We have one side green the other side purple, and that's for both track and supports! Were gonna have a new color in our park!

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 7:35 pm
I wouldn't be 100% sure they're keeping these color schemes - remember that Great Adventure got a whole new theme last minute, it wouldn't be shocking if they decided one of the schemes tested better or something and used it on all of them...
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 7:57 pm
I don't thing sfgam would retheme, I think that its right by batman, so the joker theme is perfect. It also won't change at SFOT because it is in the Gotham area. Maybe sfne, but idk where that one is going

maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 8:03 pm
Double post but SFNE didn't post any renders, and they already have a joker themed attraction... So maybe a total mayhem theme for em

maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 8:03 pm
maxwellt wrote:I don't thing sfgam would retheme, I think that its right by batman, so the joker theme is perfect. It also won't change at SFOT because it is in the Gotham area. Maybe sfne, but idk where that one is going

Sorry, I should clarify, I don't think they'll change the theme, I just wouldn't bet my life that they'll all be painted exactly like they are in the renderings.
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2016, 8:04 pm
maxwellt wrote:I don't thing sfgam would retheme, I think that its right by batman, so the joker theme is perfect. It also won't change at SFOT because it is in the Gotham area. Maybe sfne, but idk where that one is going

He's means the colors on the ride. Not the theme.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2016, 8:06 pm
Double post.
SFNE is getting purple supports. That's what it shows on the website.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 8:07 pm
Oh, my bad. But Ill still keep that thought up for sfne...just because they don't have renders, odds are I'm gonna be super incorrect, but whatever

maxwellt

Postby BroServant7 on September 1st, 2016, 8:38 pm
X-Flight2012 wrote:Is there anyone we can ask about Mardi Gras becoming Gotham next year?

If this happened they'd have to rename King Chaos to Harley Quinn's Spinsanity and Big Easy Balloons to Wonder Woman, Lasso of Truth ;-)
BroServant7

Postby great america fan on September 1st, 2016, 8:52 pm
BroServant7 wrote:
X-Flight2012 wrote:Is there anyone we can ask about Mardi Gras becoming Gotham next year?

If this happened they'd have to rename King Chaos to Harley Quinn's Spinsanity and Big Easy Balloons to Wonder Woman, Lasso of Truth ;-)

I don't think so if anything Gotham harbor would come back but I find that doubt full
great america fan

Postby whyyoudodis on September 1st, 2016, 8:58 pm
Could someone tell me why you would rather have 4-D Free Spin than a Launch Coaster in the near future?
Last edited by whyyoudodis on September 1st, 2016, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyyoudodis

Postby Jacklw6499 on September 1st, 2016, 9:00 pm
whyyoudodis wrote:Could someone tell me why you would rather have 4-D Free Spin than a Launch Coaster in the near future.

Launch coaster
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby maxwellt on September 1st, 2016, 9:13 pm
Launch easily. The 4d I'm hyped about, but were in more need of a full circtut launch

maxwellt

Postby batmanfan80 on September 1st, 2016, 9:39 pm
A launch like Maverick or Hulk? I've not ridden the new Hulk but the one time I rode the old one it was all the wrong forces and a bit of head-banging. Total opposite of Kraken and considerably more violent than Kumba. I've only been on Maverick 3 or 4 times on two different trips and liked it considerably less the second trip. It can be pretty violent and I wish it had more inversions and a little more length. If we could get an awesome launch coaster that had the creativity and smoothness of Kraken with some Maverick type elements that would be the ultimate coaster for me.

4d is something I'm a bit iffy about. All that spinning. Looks like a real quality ride. I'm curious if they're taking out Whirleygig too.
batmanfan80

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 9:57 pm
batmanfan80 wrote:4d is something I'm a bit iffy about. All that spinning. Looks like a real quality ride. I'm curious if they're taking out Whirleygig too.

They are not.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 10:06 pm
Prediction: Jack's Snacks gets replaced by a Coke stand.
Last edited by anewman35 on September 1st, 2016, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 1st, 2016, 10:11 pm
^I wouldn't be surprised. The area does look like it could have one, especially with Joker.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby jmanporty7 on September 1st, 2016, 10:15 pm
I just now realized this topic was made. That just shows everyone how observant I am. Anywho, my opinion on Joker....overall I think it's fine, I just wish they did the larger model with a different name. But what do you expect from Six Flags am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2016, 10:17 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:I just now realized this topic was made. That just shows everyone how observant I am. Anywho, my opinion on Joker....overall I think it's fine, I just wish they did the larger model with a different name. But what do you expect from Six Flags am I right?

Yep. At least it's going to draw people from the Midwest that can't travel to Texas or New Jersey.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby jmanporty7 on September 1st, 2016, 10:21 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:I just now realized this topic was made. That just shows everyone how observant I am. Anywho, my opinion on Joker....overall I think it's fine, I just wish they did the larger model with a different name. But what do you expect from Six Flags am I right?

Yep. At least it's going to draw people from the Midwest that can't travel to Texas or New Jersey.

Massachusetts as well. Can't forget about SFNE! Lol...

jmanporty7

Postby gottastrata33 on September 1st, 2016, 11:48 pm
Some thoughts I've been sitting on all day -

I am very excited for this coaster. As many of us have said, it is unlike any thing we have & will make us even more well rounded. Ever since talk came out about us possibly getting a 4D, I thought how crazy would that look to people here & would it do well?

I am happy to have a new coaster in our line up, there is no way in hell I would ever complain about that (hell I've wanted a new kiddie coaster the last couple years for the wee ones) but it is sad to me that no park in the chain has an identity. Each park is getting something another is. I hate that. This being "cause it's Six Flags" isn't an excuse to me. It's different this time. There is no RMC to shock anyone this time around, no new concept, & a lot of been there done that's. It feels like a factory assembly line of "everything must go" cause they made too many of each item if you get what I'm sayin.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on September 2nd, 2016, 12:08 am
For those who aren't excited, It'll draw crowds away from Goliath.. so there's that
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum