Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

V2's Last Year?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby maxwellt on June 7th, 2017, 4:25 pm
doubleb wrote:
maxwellt wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:^ It isn't a branded Six Flags park, so the DC Comics licensing can't be used

Ahhhhhhh​ makes sense. That also means great escape can't

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

Great Escape is the neglected red headed stepchild.

Great escape shouldn't be a six flags park. No one sees potential in it, not even six flags. And if six flags can't see potential then why bother having that park. At least la ronde has somewhat of potential...

maxwellt

Postby staticshadows on June 7th, 2017, 7:28 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby BCarroll on June 7th, 2017, 7:35 pm
If they're going to take out a great ride like V2, they better replace it with a great, major ride. NOT a family coaster!
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby maxwellt on June 7th, 2017, 8:51 pm
We need a couple of coasters before we can get one of those. That would look awesome, and s&s could even make a custom layout to sort of interact with the water. But first we need both a quality launch and something with legnth and airtime

maxwellt

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 18th, 2017, 12:13 pm
What I found interesting is that V2 had about the same amount of people as compared to Batman the Ride. V2 had it's line all the way to the entrance, but had no back and forths. When you have your line all the way to the entrance, that's essentially about 3 lines of Batman the Ride (in the covered part). So, where does V2 make up the difference - in the station? When V2's station is jammed packed, I count about 150 people. When Batman's station is jammed packed, you probably get 50 people (For these number, I'm not including the people on the ride. I know that would even be more than 50 or 150.). V2's HUGE station of extra people makes up for the extra Batman line open.

Of course, Batman the ride SHOULD have higher capacity than V2 because V2 can't be sent every 1 minute. Batman the Ride was also more expensive - probably twice as expensive as V2. I remember V2 being about $7.5 million. During that time though, they said to the flash pass person to send people up. So, Batman's station must have not even been full at the time, and Joker just broke. So, people that want to be close to the Joker are going to go to the next coaster - Batman.

Joker probably has 450 capacity lol The Joker povs are about 1:10. For the 450 number, they barely send one and than another right after. It's probably even 400 capacity. So, no matter what that ride is going to be packed. When the smaller building is only open and full, that's about 1 hour.

So, for that day, I would say Batman = V2 in people in line. I'm not saying about capacity though. Batman SHOULD win.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on June 18th, 2017, 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 18th, 2017, 4:16 pm
Does anyone know why the employee in the control booth says, "115" or some other number before launching?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on June 18th, 2017, 4:26 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Does anyone know why the employee in the control booth says, "115" or some other number before launching?

Not sure, I would assume it has something to do with the launch system status.
Goku1910

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 18th, 2017, 9:34 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Does anyone know why the employee in the control booth says, "115" or some other number before launching?

They have to wait 2 minutes to send the ride. The reason is because of all the power the ride generates, and creates too much heat that would shut it down if it was sent every minute for instance. 115 is 115 seconds.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby maxwellt on June 18th, 2017, 9:38 pm
I like V2, yes a clone but a fun ride, but if it could somehow get a new launch system that would be nice. But then again, at that point, it's almost better to build a brand new coaster instead

maxwellt

Postby Wisco Woody on June 18th, 2017, 11:19 pm
V2s launches are great, and they are very smooth, so there is no need for a new launch system. 0-58 in 3.5-4, seconds is nothing to sneeze at, with the 2nd and 3rd launches getting the train to a full 70 mph afterwards, and that certainly beats any launch on a Premier Skyrocket or other non-Intamin launch coaster. If V2 were to be replaced by a Skyrocket II, guarantee we would all be quite disappointed after riding and waiting in the ridiculous line. And for the record, out of the 10+ times I have been at the park the past year, V2 has been closed for one hour of one day. X-Flight and Superman have had several more down days and downtimes, and their actual hourly capacities really aren't much better than V2 because of the many delays.
Wisco Woody

Postby onyxhotel08 on December 12th, 2017, 3:04 pm
I am glad this one turned out to be false. We do not need to lose anymore coasters.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 12th, 2017, 7:35 pm
I am also glad it didn't leave. It fills a big gap in our lineup.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterCale on December 14th, 2017, 1:21 pm
Ultimately I'm glad we still have it compared to what easily could be an empty spot for a number of seasons. But we could have something much better in it's place.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby LordMagnus101 on December 15th, 2017, 3:13 pm
Whatever they put in next, I hope its in another part of the park. Goliath, Joker, and now the looping ride all are fairly close together. V2 has a pretty prime spot for a new ride, but I feel like the rest of the park is getting stale in terms of new attractions. I wonder if Six Flags considers this? People disbursement in the park is an important thing.
LordMagnus101

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on December 15th, 2017, 7:07 pm
LordMagnus101 wrote:Whatever they put in next, I hope its in another part of the park. Goliath, Joker, and now the looping ride all are fairly close together. V2 has a pretty prime spot for a new ride, but I feel like the rest of the park is getting stale in terms of new attractions. I wonder if Six Flags considers this? People disbursement in the park is an important thing.

I hope they get rid of the Pictorium and put something there! That's prime real estate that is completely under used and could really spruce up the entrance of the park if a good ride was added!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Goku1910 on December 23rd, 2017, 4:49 pm
I've been saying this for years. Pictorium has been reduced to a simple projector and some speakers for playing DVD movies. It's been rarely used since Screams and Dreams. It's time to put it out of it's misery already.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby onyxhotel08 on December 27th, 2017, 1:17 pm
was it even used this year besides fright fest?

Wonder how much time and money goes it to tearing something like that down...
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby RollingCoasting on December 27th, 2017, 1:40 pm
It was also used for the Susan Rosen show during Fourth Fest.
Last edited by RollingCoasting on December 27th, 2017, 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on December 27th, 2017, 1:49 pm
Even if Pictorium was removed I don't have high hopes it'll be replaced with anything worthwhile with all the cookie cutter attractions in recent years throughout all the parks.

For someone more knowledgeable than me, let's take a tally of how many S&S 4D's, Justice Leagues, and Larson Loops the chain has.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Sven18 on December 27th, 2017, 4:44 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Even if Pictorium was removed I don't have high hopes it'll be replaced with anything worthwhile with all the cookie cutter attractions in recent years throughout all the parks.

For someone more knowledgeable than me, let's take a tally of how many S&S 4D's, Justice Leagues, and Larson Loops the chain has.

The Clones 2011--present

Discoveries - 6
S&S 4D's - 6
Justice Leagues - 7
Superloops - 9 ... all parks except MM, OT, LR, Mexico
Skyscreamers - 10 ...all parks except MM, GAm, Escape
Sven18

Postby FParker185 on December 27th, 2017, 9:28 pm
If they tore down Pictorium, I'd imagine it'd be for another waterpark expansion
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Goku1910 on December 27th, 2017, 9:29 pm
I was thinking the same, as much as I wish it were false.

Edit: Another Justice League inbound?
https://www.ksat.com/news/six-flags-fie ... sters-ride
Goku1910

Postby Sven18 on December 29th, 2017, 1:17 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I was thinking the same, as much as I wish it were false.

Edit: Another Justice League inbound?
https://www.ksat.com/news/six-flags-fie ... sters-ride

Jeffrey Siebert(SFFT park manager) said in an interview it will be something themed and related to the boardwalk. It will open around memorial day or soon after.

Many reports out are that the late announcement is b/c the licensing deal for Scooby Doo couldn't be worked out and the contract ended Dec31, 2017. They were in negotiations over the fall and it fell a part at the end. SF thus must take out the ride and they are doing a quick revamp over leaving the space blank for a year. It would explain the last second nature of this announcement in the immediate removal of a ride that is in good working shape.
Sven18

Postby DejaVu2001 on December 29th, 2017, 1:51 pm
^ Makes me wonder if we may have to retheme one of our rides (or more, not sure what the deal is with Camp, since ours is the only park with any Hanna-Barbera characters besides Scooby)
DejaVu2001

Postby Goku1910 on December 29th, 2017, 6:39 pm
They can still use Looney Tunes, Right? Maybe camp becomes one of those Bugs Bunny Boom Town's or something?
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum