Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

V2's Last Year?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on March 14th, 2017, 3:37 pm
Anyone's first go to is put a massive coaster in that spot! But it would be very smart of them to build multiple attractions on that plot. I would love to see a more compact 200ft+ dive machine there, a skyscreamer & some other coaster (looper whatever) in that plot too. It's doable with the right planning. Cause I want that giga buttttt
gottastrata33

Postby Jacklw6499 on March 19th, 2017, 4:43 pm
Here's a nice video from Danny and Andy over at Coaster.net https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovdgDn5-yc0
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby WolfRaging95 on April 15th, 2017, 2:31 pm
I think now seeing how Joker is sitting when approaching Mardi Gras, one can't see V2 very well anymore. Perhaps it is indeed on its way out. Not only that, but the way the path has been redirected over there seems to work with the park's future plans. It's been said that there are pink markers throughout the Picnic Grove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WolfRaging95

Postby Nightmare31sfgam on April 18th, 2017, 8:36 am
WolfRaging95 wrote:I think now seeing how Joker is sitting when approaching Mardi Gras, one can't see V2 very well anymore. Perhaps it is indeed on its way out. Not only that, but the way the path has been redirected over there seems to work with the park's future plans. It's been said that there are pink markers throughout the Picnic Grove.
Interesting. I personally don't think it will leave.

Nightmare31sfgam

Postby UWW-10 on April 18th, 2017, 12:22 pm
I can't imagine that the park is going to downsize picnic grove any more than they already have as I assume that it is still utilized throughout the majority of the season

How many livable years do the flumes have left as taking out V2 alone isn't a lot of viable space to work with if the park is looking to put something in of decent size.
UWW-10

Postby gottastrata33 on April 18th, 2017, 2:52 pm
I really love v2 in our park. My dream is that if they wanted to use that space V2 sits on, they would rehab/repaint it & relocate it somewhere else in the park.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on April 18th, 2017, 9:58 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I really love v2 in our park. My dream is that if they wanted to use that space V2 sits on, they would rehab/repaint it & relocate it somewhere else in the park.

Agreed 100% I understand that the Flumes and V2 take up a huge amount of space that could be used for a large coaster, but at the same time, I really love V2 and would rather see them move it else where within the park instead of shipping it off to a smaller Six Flags Park!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby anewman35 on April 19th, 2017, 7:39 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I really love v2 in our park. My dream is that if they wanted to use that space V2 sits on, they would rehab/repaint it & relocate it somewhere else in the park.

After seeing what happened with Iron Wolf and Ragin' Cagun, and knowing how Six Flags works, I suspect that if we were getting something big enough to NEED that space, it would also be big enough to require us to give something to another park.
anewman35

Postby Wisco Woody on April 19th, 2017, 9:12 pm
I would just like to remind everyone exactly what V2 is and how many unique things it does compared to our other coasters. It is a launched, inverted, vertical shuttle coaster with 3 launches, the first being 0-60 in 3.5-4 seconds which is nothing to sneeze at. While Batman is also inverted and Superman achieves more sustained g force in the pretzel loop, no other coaster in the park, nor within a 200 mile radius, achieves anything else that V2 does in terms of elements. Just looking at the pitch/pull up to the vertical spires, those must be damn near the shortest radius of curvature, most extreme pull ups featured on nearly any coaster, and the contrast between the strong launch, strong vertical g force of the pull ups, and zero g free fall is a great experience.

I will be quite disappointed if they removed V2 without an immediate 70+ mph launch coaster replacement. But there may be hope, as combined with the removal of the flumes and possibly rapids, that frees up not only land but also staff and resources for a massive coaster, and one I think that will be more along the lines of an S&S launched hyper bullet coaster or a large new B&M, rather than a typical medium sized Premier launch.
Wisco Woody

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 19th, 2017, 11:20 pm
You wanna know what else V2 is? Old, unreliable, outdated, and a rather large eyesore as of recent years without paint. Most coasters can go around 10-12 years without a repaint, but with V2, we're coming up on Year 16 of original paint. Not only that, the electronics are outdated, the ride is plagued with downtime and mechanical problems(it gets stuck on the launch track almost daily), and is often closed for long periods of time throughout the season.

I get why people like V2, I like it as well. But like most companies, Six Flags wants to make a profit. And if one of their coasters is getting to the point where it's not worth the operating costs, they're going to remove it. Yes, it's unique, but Six Flags doesn't really care about uniqueness(as can be seen with a lot of recent additions). They care about returning a profit, which I feel is something V2 is beginning to fail at.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 21st, 2017, 5:06 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:I would just like to remind everyone exactly what V2 is and how many unique things it does compared to our other coasters. It is a launched, inverted, vertical shuttle coaster with 3 launches, the first being 0-60 in 3.5-4 seconds which is nothing to sneeze at. While Batman is also inverted and Superman achieves more sustained g force in the pretzel loop, no other coaster in the park, nor within a 200 mile radius, achieves anything else that V2 does in terms of elements. Just looking at the pitch/pull up to the vertical spires, those must be damn near the shortest radius of curvature, most extreme pull ups featured on nearly any coaster, and the contrast between the strong launch, strong vertical g force of the pull ups, and zero g free fall is a great experience.

I will be quite disappointed if they removed V2 without an immediate 70+ mph launch coaster replacement. But there may be hope, as combined with the removal of the flumes and possibly rapids, that frees up not only land but also staff and resources for a massive coaster, and one I think that will be more along the lines of an S&S launched hyper bullet coaster or a large new B&M, rather than a typical medium sized Premier launch.

Some great insight here. You basically get "dragged" up that rear spike! I like V2, but if they have something better planned for that area I'm all for it coming down. As for the rapids, that's a great ride! They should never take that one out.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on April 21st, 2017, 9:59 pm
V2's line was shockingly short during preview weekend. Is the GP catching on that it's a crap ride? :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on April 21st, 2017, 10:56 pm
Y'all haters suck. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby stockboy300 on April 23rd, 2017, 7:34 am
I really like V2 one of my favorites. If it goes I hope it goes to St. Louis. That park needs something more then a carnival ride.
stockboy300

Postby stockboy300 on April 23rd, 2017, 10:52 pm
I only say St. Louis because I go there for Easter break. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby jmanporty7 on April 25th, 2017, 6:45 pm
I honestly enjoy V2

jmanporty7

Postby staticshadows on May 19th, 2017, 9:48 am
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby stergmi on May 19th, 2017, 11:36 am
staticshadows wrote:V2 fits perfectly in The Penguin's Blizzard River location at SFA and will look great there.

But the trains on backwards, paint it blue and call it Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast!

stergmi

Postby stergmi on May 19th, 2017, 11:37 am
La Ronde officially announced Cobra is closing. More fuel to the rumors that V2 will move up north

stergmi

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on May 19th, 2017, 4:42 pm
Nah, I'm pretty sure La Ronde is going with a FreeSpin.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby RollingCoasting on May 20th, 2017, 1:22 pm
doubleb wrote:Free Spins are paired with Justice Leagues(JL's) and overall DC themes

La Ronde has a generic themed Batman: The Ride (mirror-image) clone

I do agree that SFSTL, SFM, and SFOG will probably get the next wave of Free Spins, but I wouldn't completely rule one out for La Ronde.
RollingCoasting

Postby Muck Finnesota on May 31st, 2017, 10:22 am
doubleb wrote:
Free Spins are paired with Justice Leagues(JL's) and overall DC themes. La Ronde doesn't have and can't have DC themes. Thus, doubtful they are getting a Free Spin.

I doubt that there is some sort of edict that Six Flags' Free Spins must be themed to a DC Property. SFGAdv announced their Free Fly as Total Mayhem before it was re-named.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby maxwellt on May 31st, 2017, 9:39 pm
doubleb wrote:
Muck Finnesota wrote:
doubleb wrote:
Free Spins are paired with Justice Leagues(JL's) and overall DC themes. La Ronde doesn't have and can't have DC themes. Thus, doubtful they are getting a Free Spin.

I doubt that there is some sort of edict that Six Flags' Free Spins must be themed to a DC Property. SFGAdv announced their Free Fly as Total Mayhem before it was re-named.

They can't at LaRonde .

Is there a reason why la ronde can't use DC?

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on June 1st, 2017, 12:02 am
^ It isn't a branded Six Flags park, so the DC Comics licensing can't be used
RollingCoasting

Postby maxwellt on June 1st, 2017, 1:59 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:^ It isn't a branded Six Flags park, so the DC Comics licensing can't be used

Ahhhhhhh​ makes sense. That also means great escape can't

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum