Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Park's most expendable coaster

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 26th, 2016, 10:52 am
MrsTaxi wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
staticshadows wrote:As much as I hate Superman, I think V2 will be removed at the end of the 2017 season if they announce a launch coaster for 2018 where the markings are this year. I could see V2 and Yankee Clipper being replaced by a Mack Power Splash in 2019. It will be interesting to see what Fiesta Texas and Over Texas announce this year, since the Texas parks are now the test parks for new rides. Fiesta Texas seems to be hinting at a Mack Power Splash or some sort of dive coaster.

Why all the hatred for Superman?? Is it because it replaced Shock Wave?

YES.

I got to thinking last night, are all the Shock Wave fans infuriated because of the departure of that ride, and thus hate Superman because of that?? Hypothetical question, if it was Raging Bull that replaced Shock Wave, would you hate Raging Bull?

Here's another idea - seems like many folks hate the Demon because it's rough. Well, Shock Wave was a larger version of Demon: an Arrow looper that was built on flimsy scaffolding!!

If Demon is a headache, then Shock Wave was a migraine :D
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 26th, 2016, 11:07 am
Jacklw6499 wrote:I want to say Superman, however yes I do agree with everyone else, V2 should be the next to go. What I hate about V2 is that the line can be very deceiving due to the fact that so many people stack for the actual gates in the station. As far as why I would rather see Superman go is because after the pretzel loop the ride is sluggish and boring however it has a far better capacity than V2.

On a second note, I don't ever want Whizzer to leave. With the recent closure of Orbit however, another Schwarzkopf attraction, I am a bit worried about how much time Whizzer has left. Will/has Great America manufactured any parts in house for Whizzer? If not, is it possible? I don't want it to leave :(

I agree with you somewhat about Superman being a little sluggish after the pretzel. It needs 1-2 more elements (like Manta has). I suspect it was built conservatively because it was the first of its kind (?) But that pretzel packs a punch! And the horseshoe and inline are decent elements. BTW Superman is NOT my fave ride there if anyone is wondering why I"m always defending it - my fave rides are X Flight & Raging Bull, then probably Batman. Batman has probably THE best theming overall: the crashed police car, the big pipe with the drip noise, the bat cave/station, all the Gotham City references, etc. I just think Superman is a good ride and unique. But I do understand some folks preferred Shock Wave over Superman.

I also agree that I don't ever want Whizzer to leave either.

Did anyone ever get to ride Deja Vu?? I wasn't going to the park that often during its tenure there and the few times I went it was ALWAYS down.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 26th, 2016, 11:22 am
staticshadows wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Why all the hatred for Superman?? Is it because it replaced Shock Wave?

It is just a boring ride that doesn't do much for me. Shockwave was fun while it lasted, but it was time for it to be removed. Removing Superman opens up about 3 acres of land for a new coaster and it will probably be relocated to a smaller park. V2 will most likely head to the Six Flags America.

Fixed
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby aaron60060 on August 26th, 2016, 2:14 pm
Someone asked why Superman is so hated above. My reasoning for disliking it is primarily that the flight position IS a gimmick, and it's extremely uncomfortable for some men and many women. Lastly though, the ride just isn't that exciting, which is horrifying considering it's gigantic footprint. Surely they could expand the plot it's on and build something truly spectacular.

*END DREAM*

Buuuuuut they're not getting rid of it because like you guys say, kids love the thing. If anything, I could see a rebuild, but they're NOT removing Superman from Six Flags DC America.
aaron60060

Postby Mean Streaker on August 26th, 2016, 10:59 pm
I feel like Demon is getting a lot of love lately. Rage of the Gargoyles is obviously adding to the line but the park added a Demon section in the Carousel gift shop so I wouldn't be surprised if Demon gets refurbished in the next few years.

I think V2 will next closed in 2017 and a new launched coaster will take it's place along with some of the picnic area.
Mean Streaker

Postby MrsTaxi on August 27th, 2016, 3:03 am
RollingCoasting wrote:
JaminOut wrote:I'll answer for Rolling Coasting and myself.

Viper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLEASE BAN THIS GUY FROM THE FORUM!!!

Jk, lol.

But my vote is Demon. Rough and short. Why was it removed instead of Ragin Cajun (Yes I said that, I actually enjoyed Ragin Cajun)

Agreed! Back row on Viper is AWESOME! I vote S:UF....one trick pony.

P.S. I loved Ragin Cajun,too.
MrsTaxi

Postby MrsTaxi on August 27th, 2016, 3:14 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

I got to thinking last night, are all the Shock Wave fans infuriated because of the departure of that ride, and thus hate Superman because of that?? Hypothetical question, if it was Raging Bull that replaced Shock Wave, would you hate Raging Bull?

Here's another idea - seems like many folks hate the Demon because it's rough. Well, Shock Wave was a larger version of Demon: an Arrow looper that was built on flimsy scaffolding!!

I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't hate Bull if it replaced ShockWave. As far as Superman, the pretzel loop is great and that's about it. Not a big fan of the flying position. Demon is okay till the corkscrews. ShockWave was painful, but exciting. Damn I miss that ride. :(
MrsTaxi

Postby stergmi on August 29th, 2016, 10:28 am
MrsTaxi wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't hate Bull if it replaced ShockWave. As far as Superman, the pretzel loop is great and that's about it. Not a big fan of the flying position. Demon is okay till the corkscrews. ShockWave was painful, but exciting. Damn I miss that ride. :(

This. RB is a bad ass ride, I'd miss Shockwave still but learn to love the Bull. Superman: Ultimate Line is a giant pile of mediocrity that replaced a shining Arrow achievement.
stergmi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 29th, 2016, 10:59 am
This. RB is a bad ass ride, I'd miss Shockwave still but learn to love the Bull. Superman: Ultimate Line is a giant pile of mediocrity that replaced a shining Arrow achievement.

Funny! I like the part about "shining Arrow achievement" :) I do miss seeing flimsy scaffolding of Shock Wave.
That first drop did absolutely nothing for me and the 7 inversions after it were so-so.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JaminOut on August 29th, 2016, 11:26 am
^ Bye Felicia...

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Mean Streaker on August 29th, 2016, 2:35 pm
schoup wrote:Top of the list is Demon, followed closely by American Eagle. Both are old and beat down rides with low usage..ie,,never have lines.

I always have to wait at least 15 minutes for AE, usually 30.

And Demon should stay because it's the parks only "transition coaster" with inversions.
Mean Streaker

Postby stergmi on August 29th, 2016, 3:13 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:
schoup wrote:Top of the list is Demon, followed closely by American Eagle. Both are old and beat down rides with low usage..ie,,never have lines.

I always have to wait at least 15 minutes for AE, usually 30.

And Demon should stay because it's the parks only "transition coaster" with inversions.

Anyone who thinks Eagle is "beat down" and "low usage" hasn't visited Mean Streak at Cedar Point anytime in the last 15 years.
stergmi

Postby maxwellt on August 29th, 2016, 3:15 pm
^amen brotha

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Mean Streaker on August 29th, 2016, 3:39 pm
schoup wrote:Mean Streak is done after 2016 at Cedar Point! Come up with a new excuse to keep a low usage beat down ride like AE!

As a lover of both AE and MS I agree that both are rough. But that's how giant woodies are suppose to feel. If you want a smooth ride go on a steel coaster or an RMC coaster.
Mean Streaker

Postby RollingCoasting on August 29th, 2016, 3:42 pm
I can't believe people think American Eagle is rough.... Have you ever ridden Demon?
RollingCoasting

Postby MollysMomma on August 29th, 2016, 3:53 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I can't believe people think American Eagle is rough.... Have you ever ridden Demon?

Agreed. I love American Eagle. It's a must ride for me when I go to the park. I think people forget that wooden coasters are not necessarily supposed to be smooth. I think that's part of the fun and makes it feel more out of control.
MollysMomma

Postby Mean Streaker on August 29th, 2016, 4:14 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I can't believe people think American Eagle is rough.... Have you ever ridden Demon?

Demon is actually painful to ride AE is not. I think Batman is the roughest coaster in the park. S:UF was rougher than AE last time I rode it.
Mean Streaker

Postby stergmi on August 29th, 2016, 5:07 pm
schoup wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:
schoup wrote:Mean Streak is done after 2016 at Cedar Point! Come up with a new excuse to keep a low usage beat down ride like AE!

As a lover of both AE and MS I agree that both are rough. But that's how giant woodies are suppose to feel. If you want a smooth ride go on a steel coaster or an RMC coaster.

Never mentioned rough. It's obsolete, outdated, low usage ride.

You keep saying low usage, I don't think phrase means what you think it means.
stergmi

Postby JaminOut on August 29th, 2016, 5:39 pm
schoup wrote:NOBODY RIDES IT HARDLY! IS THAT EASIER FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND

*clears throat*

American Eagle has TWO trains operating on TWO tracks, each train with a capacity of 30 riders. American Eagle dispatches approximately every 2.5 minutes. If 50 riders (including empty seats on trains) are dispatched every 2.5 minutes, the ride has a theoretical capacity of 600 riders per hour. I have seen American Eagle with a constant 20-30 minute line for the majority of the day. They use only blue side from 11-2 and 8-10.

Time for some math:
5 hours of 25 riders per 2.5 minutes = 3,000 people
6 hours of 50 riders per 2.5 minutes = 7,200 people

Around 10,000 people ride American Eagle everyday. It's an icon at Great America, always produces a line, and is a great family coaster. So, you're right. Nobody rides it. Stay out of line, it means a shorter wait for me and the majority of others on this forum.

*drops mic*
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby stergmi on August 29th, 2016, 5:50 pm
JaminOut wrote:
schoup wrote:NOBODY RIDES IT HARDLY! IS THAT EASIER FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND

*clears throat*

American Eagle has TWO trains operating on TWO tracks, each train with a capacity of 30 riders. American Eagle dispatches approximately every 2.5 minutes. If 50 riders (including empty seats on trains) are dispatched every 2.5 minutes, the ride has a theoretical capacity of 600 riders per hour. I have seen American Eagle with a constant 20-30 minute line for the majority of the day. They use only blue side from 11-2 and 8-10.

Time for some math:
5 hours of 25 riders per 2.5 minutes = 3,000 people
6 hours of 50 riders per 2.5 minutes = 7,200 people

Around 10,000 people ride American Eagle everyday. It's an icon at Great America, always produces a line, and is a great family coaster. So, you're right. Nobody rides it. Stay out of line, it means a shorter wait for me and the majority of others on this forum.

*drops mic*

This was very easy for me to understand.
stergmi

Postby JaminOut on August 29th, 2016, 6:02 pm
^I think you need to stop posting on this site. ThemeParkReview welcomes you with open arms, though.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby stergmi on August 29th, 2016, 6:21 pm
JaminOut wrote:^I think you need to stop posting on this site. ThemeParkReview welcomes you with open arms, though.

His user account was created here yesterday. Troll? Do we have trolls here? Why troll an amusement park forum?
stergmi

Postby JaminOut on August 29th, 2016, 6:26 pm
^As TPR would say, :nina:

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby stergmi on August 29th, 2016, 6:36 pm
JaminOut wrote:^As TPR would say, :nina:

I don't visit TPR, what does that mean?
stergmi

Postby JaminOut on August 29th, 2016, 6:53 pm
It's what they say when the like what someone said or if they think something is funny.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum