Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Social Media Presence

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby aaron60060 on August 23rd, 2016, 5:28 pm
Has anyone else noticed that SFGAM doesn't utilize social media much? Promoting your park using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat should be a priority. Now, I've seen the stanchions in the park encouraging guests to snap, but that is only from a guest's perspective. Social media is a powerhouse that can drive real traffic to the park. It's telling that in the last week there have been only a handful of tweets on the official GA account. I'm not sure why there hasn't been more focus on this, but here are some suggestions:

1. In park signage in the exit path for every ride encouraging riders to post on social media about their experience.
2. Daily drawings with prizes awarded to social media posters - incentivize those posts, and people WILL share, like, comment etc.
3. Produce live interviews with guests. Let people know why they should be coming to the park EACH and every day.
4. Hire a social media person(I'll quit my job tomorrow to do this :D ) who works under the parks marketing personnel. They'll be responsible for retweeting and sharing guest experiences, interviews, reactions, photos and videos with the public.
5. Create daily ride hopping events that encourage guests to scan a stanchion as they exit a ride. If a guest completes all of the rides for the day's event, they'll be rewarded with ERT, coupons, or be entered into a drawing for something sweet, like an all season flash pass!
aaron60060

Postby stergmi on August 23rd, 2016, 6:24 pm
As someone that follows all the major parks they do as much as Cedar Fair parks. More than Disney, Universal and SeaWorld.
stergmi

Postby Mean Streaker on August 27th, 2016, 11:34 am
In the past few weeks since I've been following them on Snapchat they have posted only 2 or 3 stories.
Mean Streaker

Postby CoasterCale on September 16th, 2016, 8:33 am
I'm pretty sure they already have Marketing employees that double for Social Media.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum