Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Random thought I had about last night

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby stergmi on August 11th, 2016, 9:08 am
So walking through the park I finally realized how much land is held by Demon, Orbit, the shops along the bridge into SWT and the former sites of Trailblazer and Skytrail.

Just a random thought (I know Demon is uber popular with a higher up in the park and i don't know much about zoning and/or height restrictions) but what if all of that was cleared out along with Bucky, the building facades for TB were using as the station house and queue and we got a B&M Giga-Twister. Could we fit 5500-6000 feet of track in that space criss-crossing over itself a few times?

Again, just random thoughts and wishful thinking. G-Am likes to do things different and play with a compact footprint.
stergmi

Postby anewman35 on August 11th, 2016, 9:38 am
The really funny thing is that I was thinking about something pretty similar yesterday. I ended up just posting how a S&S could go in the Orbit spot, but I almost posted about how they could use all that space for something pretty big if they were willing to be creative with the pathways. But I didn't end up doing it because it seemed so unlikely...
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on August 11th, 2016, 9:59 am
I had a random thought a couple of days ago, but what if premier rides made a giga? It could use a chail lift or cable lift.

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby HuskieJohn on August 11th, 2016, 11:06 am
Random thought I had last night...

I wonder with the water ride accident in KS if the two flume rides at SFGA will be put on a high priority as far as being dismantled. While I have never heard of any accident on the ancient ride I am sure that the ride not having any kind of seat belt/strap or track on the way down will make the park Lawyers nervous.
HuskieJohn

Postby Foltzy on August 11th, 2016, 12:09 pm
^
I know of no flume ride that utilizes a seatbelt or lapbar besides Splash Mountain, and that's only at Disney World. If even Disney's lawyers are fine with it, Six Flags' lawyers will be too
Foltzy

Postby stergmi on August 11th, 2016, 12:48 pm
HuskieJohn wrote:Random thought I had last night...

I wonder with the water ride accident in KS if the two flume rides at SFGA will be put on a high priority as far as being dismantled. While I have never heard of any accident on the ancient ride I am sure that the ride not having any kind of seat belt/strap or track on the way down will make the park Lawyers nervous.

KS was a way different situation. The flumes still need to be discussed as they are getting up there in age and it's time to either pull them out refurbish them like BGW did with Le Scot.
stergmi

Postby JaminOut on August 11th, 2016, 1:15 pm
HuskieJohn wrote:Random thought I had last night...

I seriously hope this is a joke... do some research before you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby HuskieJohn on August 11th, 2016, 1:41 pm
Seriously have no idea what research you want me to do...
The ride has no belt/strap
The ride has no track making it possible for an uneven load to tip.
SFGA Lawyers are going to be overprotective as its their job.

After the accident in Kansas I wont be having my kids go on the Flume Rides...just like I stopped having them go on the orbit after I rode it with them (car behind) and saw then get tossed around in the basket.
HuskieJohn

Postby anewman35 on August 11th, 2016, 2:22 pm
HuskieJohn wrote:After the accident in Kansas I wont be having my kids go on the Flume Rides...just like I stopped having them go on the orbit after I rode it with them (car behind) and saw then get tossed around in the basket.

That's fine, you do what you want, but you do realize it's a totally different ride system, right?

I saw on the news that there was a car crash. Are you going to have your kids stop riding in cars?
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on August 11th, 2016, 2:26 pm
People die from vending machines, you're going to stop your kids from using vending machines

maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on August 11th, 2016, 2:45 pm
Back on topic....

Random Thought I had about last night

Actually, it'd be kind of inappropriate to discuss here 8) :wink:

But SFGAm wise, I didn't really have thoughts/dreams about the park. I had a dream that Georgia Scorcher at Six Flags Over Georgia was replaced by a B&M Floorless coaster named Dominator which had the exact same color scheme as their Goliath. Do dream credits count? :)
RollingCoasting

Postby stergmi on August 11th, 2016, 3:48 pm
HuskieJohn wrote:Seriously have no idea what research you want me to do...

After the accident in Kansas I wont be having my kids go on the Flume Rides...just like I stopped having them go on the orbit after I rode it with them (car behind) and saw then get tossed around in the basket.

But the ride in KS had restraints and netting above the track to keep the rafts in. It's also a water slide and not a log flume. It also had major problems during testing and riders earlier in the day complained of the restraints failing.

Respectfully it was very much a different ride and situation. Remember when the Superman drop ride at SF Kentucky failed and cost a girl her legs, SF didn't remove other Intamin drop rides.
stergmi

Postby HuskieJohn on August 11th, 2016, 4:22 pm
stergmi wrote:
HuskieJohn wrote:Seriously have no idea what research you want me to do...

But the ride in KS had restraints and netting above the track to keep the rafts in. It's also a water slide and not a log flume. It also had major problems during testing and riders earlier in the day complained of the restraints failing.

Respectfully it was very much a different ride and situation. Remember when the Superman drop ride at SF Kentucky failed and cost a girl her legs, SF didn't remove other Intamin drop rides.

Ah so there is precedent for not having the park lawyers go nuts with slightly similar rides. So those should be safe as that aspect. Again it was just a random thought as park accidents seem to be getting much more attention lately.

Also I would like to clarify that I will be holding my girls, who are no more than 35 pounds, back from the flume ride until they get bigger as they are easily flung around.
HuskieJohn

Postby gottastrata33 on August 11th, 2016, 4:44 pm
No joke, I've thought of how kick ass it would be to have a giga run alongside demon there. Take out those facades & games in SWT, & Have it do some elements by Whizzer. It would have to be so cleverly done but having our two tallest coasters side by side & by the same company just makes me happy to think about. Butttt unless I own the park ever, it ain't happenin.
gottastrata33

Postby Nightmare31sfgam on August 11th, 2016, 6:08 pm
Wierd
Nightmare31sfgam

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 11th, 2016, 6:31 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:No joke, I've thought of how kick ass it would be to have a giga run alongside demon there. Take out those facades & games in SWT, & Have it do some elements by Whizzer. It would have to be so cleverly done but having our two tallest coasters side by side & by the same company just makes me happy to think about. Butttt unless I own the park ever, it ain't happenin.
Itd be neat to have one run alongside AE and have the turn around be a large banked turn by the helix.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby maxwellt on August 11th, 2016, 9:16 pm
I have a great idea, a haunted section of the park

So I have a map of where a possible BM giga could go, and its a tight fit...in the middle of Demon

Spooky town.png

Yellow-poltergeist themed superloop
Purple-Giga queue (squares = switchback)
Red-a couple of flats
green-where the section starts/ends

The other picture is the layout that the giga could use

Spooky Town 2.png

I would want the giga to have a banshee color scheme, I typically dont like purple/pink coasters, but banshee at KI looks stunning

The theme could anything on this list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_theological_demons
maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on August 11th, 2016, 9:18 pm
double post but I will also try to make an b&m giga in no limits

I am dropping my gotham city project tho :(
maxwellt

Postby JaminOut on August 11th, 2016, 10:51 pm
Layout is too close to Washington Ave. bring station closer to Sky Trail?

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby maxwellt on August 12th, 2016, 8:43 am
JaminOut wrote:Layout is too close to Washington Ave. bring station closer to Sky Trail?

I'll do my best. I'm going to recreate demon, then work on the giga

maxwellt

Postby American Eagle 1981 on August 12th, 2016, 11:07 am
I was in the park yesterday and started to speculate for their 2017 attraction. Orbit definitely looks lifeless, R.I.P. East River Crawler is closed for the season it appears. Jesters Wild Ride looks closed for good as well. So I'm thinking East River Crawler will be moved to Orbits spot, Orbit and Jester will be gone for good. That leaves a good amount of land in between Yankee Harbor and Mardi Gras considering Rajun Cajuns empty space. I doubt enough space for a real coaster but probably for an S&S 4D Freespin. I don't think Great America is going to want a crappy super loop. So I'm thinking either a Freespin or a updated flats package.
American Eagle 1981

Postby JaminOut on August 12th, 2016, 11:14 am
^Post should go in 2017 thread because you made predictions.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby maxwellt on August 13th, 2016, 8:49 am
I plan on giving updates to my giga here daily. Heres what Ive got so far, its not much at all

giga.png

If I should be posting this somewhere else, tell me. I originally posted about a possible giga here so Im just gonna post it here for now.

Also, it isnt going to be all white, it will have a banshee style purple, with a blue color under the purple track (like the yellow under the blue on fury 325) and black supports
maxwellt

Postby JaminOut on August 13th, 2016, 10:14 am
Post it in a new thread in the Games section and title it whatever you think fits.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 13th, 2016, 2:17 pm
JaminOut wrote:Post it in a new thread in the Games section and title it whatever you think fits.

JaminOut wrote:^Post should go in 2017 thread because you made predictions.

When Ben wants to be a mod... :D
RollingCoasting

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum