Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Hurricane Harbor - tips/advice

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby hoju74 on July 26th, 2016, 10:31 am
We're thinking of going to Hurricane Harbor on Saturday, and wanted to know if anyone had any tips/advice to share. I assume getting a locker for belongings (keys, phone, etc) is the way to go so our stuff isn't just laying out on a chair somewhere. Once we're tired of the water park, we'll go into the main park.

Our plan is to hit a few coasters to kill time until the water park opens since GA opens at 10:30 and Harbor doesn't open until 11am.
hoju74

Postby aaron60060 on July 26th, 2016, 12:14 pm
I was just at the Harbor on Sunday, have a few suggestions:

1. Even though Hurricane Harbor doesn't open until 11:00, I highly recommend entering the park through the special Hurricane Harbor entrance on the outside of the park. I believe this is a passholder entrance, someone else should confirm. This is because you will want to get a good set of chairs, and believe me, they go REAL fast.
2. If you have anything of value, assume that it will be stolen / moved. This past Sunday, someone reported having their stuff stolen to one of the 'security' guards, and were promptly told there was nothing that could be done, since SF was unwilling to use video or other tools to help. Assume that there are people in the locker area who are there only to steal. DO NOT let anyone see your locker code!!!
3. I like to sit near the wave pool, since it's sort of midway through the harbor, but YMMV.
4. If you have a means to secure your towels to the chair i.e. Bungee Cord etc, do it. People will be less likely to try and move your stuff if it looks difficult / full of stuff i.e. shoes clothing etc.
aaron60060

Postby hoju74 on July 28th, 2016, 9:13 am
Thanks for the input. Do you have any favorite slides there ? I think I'm most curious about Tornado, and my son loves those type of slides.
hoju74

Postby RollingCoasting on July 28th, 2016, 1:16 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby Viper 88 on July 28th, 2016, 7:14 pm
Back when I went to Hurricane Harbor in 2005 I absolutely adored Skull Island the slides there were awesome, but be warned the water there is frigid as hell! I never tried any other slide as the lines were all horrendously long and I really don't swim. If you plan on staying there the whole day definitely rent a locker and definitely get a double tube. This way you don't have to get out of the lazy river if you want to float and lounge a bit. The further locker and shower area tends to be a little less crowded than the very first one. If you wear eyeglasses definitely get an eyeglass strap to hold those puppies on your face, I made a mistake of not wearing one in Wisconsin Dells and was diving in the lazy river to find mine, I since learned my lesson. Sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen you will get burned! try and do Tornado and the double funnel slides first as these often have the longest lines. There is no way to get around to the sand beach area from the wave pool area take this into account when you are deciding where to set up base camp. If possible try to get an umbrella these spots go the fastest for obvious reasons. Check online for the prices and call 1874-249-1800 is you have any other questions about the prices or if something is not listed.
Viper 88

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum