Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Rides that were suppose to come

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby maxwellt on July 24th, 2016, 9:17 pm
I have a question. What rides that were suppose to come, but ending up not coming, are you mad about? I'm really only a wie bit dissapointed by 2

1998-mr. Freeze - if we would've gotten this ride, we wouldnt have to worry about getting a new launch coaster. This is the same ride seen at SFOT and SFSTL. Overall this ride is a fun ride, and makes it a good launch coaster.

2010ish- Chang. So after the closing of SFKK, Six flags relocates their biggest roller coaster, Chang (the 2nd biggest stand up coaster in the world) to SFGAm and stood in storage. The day it arrived, rumors kicked in. Overall, the thought was to make it a floorless (iron wolf was still at SFGAM) and keep the Chang theme or a bizzaro theme. Well...in 2010, the rode was gone, and opened at SFGAdv as Green Lantern

I do think however that if we got Chang, x flight would have never made it to great america

Any thoughts on these 2 coaster or any other rides that were to come?
maxwellt

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 24th, 2016, 9:47 pm
[quote="maxwellt"]1998-mr. Freeze - if we would've gotten this ride, we wouldnt have to worry about getting a new launch coaster. This is the same ride seen at SFOT and SFSTL. Overall this ride is a fun ride, and makes it a good launch coaster.

I bet if we got Mr. Freeze, we wouldn't have gotten Raging Bull. IMHO I'd rather take RG
SFGAM_Hog

Postby maxwellt on July 24th, 2016, 9:48 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
maxwellt wrote:1998-mr. Freeze - if we would've gotten this ride, we wouldnt have to worry about getting a new launch coaster. This is the same ride seen at SFOT and SFSTL. Overall this ride is a fun ride, and makes it a good launch coaster.

I bet if we got Mr. Freeze, we wouldn't have gotten Raging Bull. IMHO I'd rather take RG

Anyone would agree :)
maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on July 24th, 2016, 9:53 pm
Not mad, but we were supposed to get Medusa instead of Six Flags Great Adventure
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on July 24th, 2016, 10:08 pm
^Do you mean Discovery Kingdom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on July 24th, 2016, 10:09 pm
No. In 1999, Six Flags wanted to bring Medusa to Great America, but they had all ready purchased Raging Bull without corporate's permission.
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on July 24th, 2016, 11:44 pm
That's hilarious. No one tells Great America what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby anewman35 on July 25th, 2016, 6:55 am
RollingCoasting wrote:No. In 1999, Six Flags wanted to bring Medusa to Great America, but they had all ready purchased Raging Bull without corporate's permission.

I don't know any details about this, I'd love to hear more. But, it seems really hard to believe that Great America could spend 10+ million dollars on their own without corporate's permission (and if they somehow did, I have to assume everybody involved would be fired).
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on July 25th, 2016, 7:28 am
I guess its safe to say that the people at Great America are all savages

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on July 25th, 2016, 10:28 am
This isn't the post I saw originally but someone said it here:
http://www.sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtop ... sa#p185112
RollingCoasting

Postby maxwellt on July 25th, 2016, 3:58 pm
So now here's the question. Medusa, Mr. Freeze or Raging Bull? I'd pick RB

maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on July 25th, 2016, 6:44 pm
Easily Raging Bull for me.
RollingCoasting

Postby Foltzy on July 25th, 2016, 8:53 pm
I'd easily say bull too, but the way it's been trimmed recently and the ride bizarro gave me at SFGAdv. Last time is making me lean toward medusa
Foltzy

Postby maxwellt on July 25th, 2016, 9:37 pm
Yeah let's just pray the trims will come off someday

maxwellt

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 26th, 2016, 1:16 pm
Foltzy wrote:I'd easily say bull too, but the way it's been trimmed recently and the ride bizarro gave me at SFGAdv. Last time is making me lean toward medusa

Is this a recent change? I haven't been to the park this year, but I think the trims have been what they've been since day one. If you get a trimless ride, your train wasn't going fast enough to need them. They activate if the train travels above a certain speed.

I could be wrong- this is how I've always understood it.

As for rides that weren't meant to be; I'm still bummed about Chang.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 26th, 2016, 1:32 pm
Bull's been running the same it has been since it turned the trims on. Muck said it as it is; trims go on if the train is above X mph. Although I did seem to notice that the MCBR does sorta kick in a bit more now than it has in the past.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby FParker185 on July 26th, 2016, 7:17 pm
All the parks had a measure of autonomy under Time Warner, SFGAm/SF had already signed the contracts for Raging Bull, when Premeir Parks bought Six Flags from Time Warner in 1998, they tried to cancel but it was to late.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby RollingCoasting on July 28th, 2016, 6:34 pm
Raging Bull was supposed to go to SFSTL and we were supposed to get Mr. Freeze. (But most of you probably know that anyway :P)
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on July 29th, 2016, 2:32 am
FParker185 wrote:All the parks had a measure of autonomy under Time Warner, SFGAm/SF had already signed the contracts for Raging Bull, when Premeir Parks bought Six Flags from Time Warner in 1998, they tried to cancel but it was to late.

Not so much with SFOG and SFOT. Remember that $454m Lawsuit?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Tardis1972 on July 29th, 2016, 12:49 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Raging Bull was supposed to go to SFSTL and we were supposed to get Mr. Freeze. (But most of you probably know that anyway :P)

I thought it was Goliath(SFOG) that was supposed to go to SFStL. At least that's what I remember hearing.
Last edited by Tardis1972 on July 29th, 2016, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tardis1972

Postby Coaster Justin on July 29th, 2016, 2:37 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:Raging Bull was supposed to go to SFSTL and we were supposed to get Mr. Freeze. (But most of you probably know that anyway :P)

I thoughts it was Goliath(SFOG) that was supposed to go to SFStL. At least that's what I remember hearing.

I read it was supposed to go to Astroworld but they decided to close it so it went to SFStL but then they though they'd get a better ROI at Georgia. Or maybe that was the La Ronde Goliath

Coaster Justin

Postby maxwellt on July 29th, 2016, 5:10 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
FParker185 wrote:All the parks had a measure of autonomy under Time Warner, SFGAm/SF had already signed the contracts for Raging Bull, when Premeir Parks bought Six Flags from Time Warner in 1998, they tried to cancel but it was to late.

Not so much with SFOG and SFOT. Remember that $454m Lawsuit?

Lawsuit? Explain

maxwellt

Postby FParker185 on July 29th, 2016, 5:49 pm
Time Warner fully owned neither SFOT or SFOG, they had like a 50% or so ownership but failed to invest the amount set forth in their agreement with the group that owned the other half which set off that suit.

It's similar to the setup with LaRonde, that's why they have an SLC just across from a Batman clone, a convenient ride they had just sitting around that would fulfill their requirements. Doesn't say what kind of rides they have to put in, just a dollar amount that needs to be invested.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby maxwellt on July 29th, 2016, 8:40 pm
Yeah that makes sense I guess

maxwellt

Postby Coaster Justin on July 29th, 2016, 10:45 pm
FParker185 wrote:Time Warner fully owned neither SFOT or SFOG, they had like a 50% or so ownership but failed to invest the amount set forth in their agreement with the group that owned the other half which set off that suit.

It's similar to the setup with LaRonde, that's why they have an SLC just across from a Batman clone, a convenient ride they had just sitting around that would fulfill their requirements. Doesn't say what kind of rides they have to put in, just a dollar amount that needs to be invested.

They also delayed the installation of major attractions, Bought land surrounding the park under Time Warner's name, Signed key people to Time Warner Contracts, and looked at other areas in the Atlanta area if they lost ownership of SFOG, and reduced maintenance during the Time Warner era.

Coaster Justin

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum