Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six flags great america Fright fest 2016

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby chrisisdragon on July 18th, 2016, 1:36 am
I Look up six flags great america LightmosFEAR on google and the fright fest website came up and i click on it it is the new site for 2016 fright fest it looks like Hypnotist Susan Rosen wont be back there this it it might be there puting something in the pictorim spot well any ways here the link if any of you are interested in this https://frightfest.sixflags.com/greatamerica/
chrisisdragon

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 18th, 2016, 7:59 am
[quote="chrisisdragon"]I it looks like Hypnotist Susan Rosen wont be back there

Thank God. Every time I went to that show, the same people were being hypnotized, and it all seemed very fake. That's the only show I know they use the pictorium for.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Coaster Justin on July 18th, 2016, 8:57 am
It looks like the same old same old without Necropolis.

Please Six Flags. One new haunted house! Even if it's a retheme. I'll give you 30 names for free.

Here's One:
Motel 666. A Run down hotel with Zombie Employees
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Viper 88 on July 18th, 2016, 9:23 am
From the way they make the rides sound they make it sound like The Boo Line (train) will be decked out and haunted this is not the case do not be fooled I thought the same thing til I went on it last year and nothing. Anyone remember back in 2005/2006 when JPM was doing Fright Fest and everything was decked out even better than what it is now? I really think they need to go back to it. It also looks like they are not going to be in Hurricane Harbor because I didn't see anything about Blackout or The Abyss. Both of which could have been done a lot better the Abyss just used old props from Area 51 (Hometown Square). They need to bring back all of the fog machines that they had before it is just not fright fest without it. They also need more music than just the Halloween theme over and over while that certainly is part of it they need to vary the music. I have 6 cds filled with personal mixes that I strung together PM me if you want details its mostly pop and fun stuff some rock no screamo how do people listen to that? I say good riddance to Susan Rosen, I was on stage at Theater Royale during a 2005 performance I knew everything that was happening, I did find out I'm one hell of an actor. Bring back JPM!!
Viper 88

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 18th, 2016, 12:17 pm
Last year, I was pretty hyped for FF with massive disappointment. This year, I'm not hyped at all. Nothing new, things leaving, and if I'm not mistaken, less areas.

At least they still have Terror Twister 2.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 18th, 2016, 2:00 pm
I wish that they'd bring back that big pumpkin man that sat in front of the carousel.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby chrisisdragon on July 18th, 2016, 2:04 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I wish that they'd bring back that big pumpkin man that sat in front of the carousel.
I kninda like lightmosfear better there and there you hear the Pumpkin Kigs new voice if not here a video of I take no credit for this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEgjled_rH0 and I think the site is not 100% complete because Bermuda Triangle is not listed on the website. my theory that Susan Rosen was wrong, Susan posted on Facebook that Six Flags Great America conformed she is comeing back
chrisisdragon

Postby GOLI4TH 2014 on July 18th, 2016, 4:14 pm
Susan Rosen confirmed on her facebook that she will return for Fright Fest.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
GOLI4TH 2014

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 18th, 2016, 4:21 pm
Bwaaah.

I was hoping it'd mean Pictorium would finally be removed.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on July 18th, 2016, 4:38 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Bwaaah.

Well, they did remove part of the concrete path next to the gift shop and replace it with asphalt. Baby steps. :lol:
Perhaps BB will be replaced by a Free Spin this year and Superman will head to Fiesta Texas. Get a coaster, relocate a coaster.
staticshadows

Postby maxwellt on July 18th, 2016, 4:44 pm
staticshadows wrote:

Well, they did remove part of the concrete path next to the gift shop and replace it with asphalt. Baby steps. :lol:
Perhaps BB will be replaced by a Free Spin this year and Superman will head to Fiesta Texas. Get a coaster, relocate a coaster.

I agree with the free spin, but y superman? There's never Ben rumors of superman leaving...
maxwellt

Postby stergmi on July 18th, 2016, 6:25 pm
maxwellt wrote:
staticshadows wrote:

I agree with the free spin, but y superman? There's never Ben rumors of superman leaving...

because we all still bitter about losing Shockwave for it
stergmi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 18th, 2016, 8:02 pm
I don't even care about Shockwave, I just think it sucks.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 18th, 2016, 8:33 pm
I actually love Superman
SFGAM_Hog

Postby maxwellt on July 18th, 2016, 10:37 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I actually love Superman

Same! And the gp also loves it (yeah its slow operations but its classic great america)

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Tardis1972 on July 18th, 2016, 10:40 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Last year, I was pretty hyped for FF with massive disappointment. This year, I'm not hyped at all. Nothing new, things leaving, and if I'm not mistaken, less areas.

I have to agree with you. I hope the haunted houses in HH aren't leaving. I enjoyed those actually.

TT2 still remains my favorite ride during FF.
Tardis1972

Postby JaminOut on July 19th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Last year, I was pretty hyped for FF with massive disappointment. This year, I'm not hyped at all. Nothing new, things leaving, and if I'm not mistaken, less areas.

I have to agree with you. I hope the haunted houses in HH aren't leaving. I enjoyed those actually.

Unless they plan on adding new haunted houses or attractions, TT2 will be the only reason I come to FF this fall.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby batmanfan80 on July 20th, 2016, 7:22 am
I've seen the Rosen show a few times, sometimes twice in one day due to all the horrific lines. Never felt it was fake and certainly never seen the same people. Considering the crazy amounts of people let in the last two years, the Rosen show may be the only thing you get to do without a flash pass. Did any of you guys try to go the last weekend last year? It was so bad that the parking was all gone. When we went to Gurnee Mills, the lot there was just about 100% full but the mall inside was almost 100% devoid of customers. So that must mean people were using the malls lot for FF. The first weekend of FF was horrific the last two years too. '12 and '13 at least had very minimal lines in Sept FF and reasonable ones the first weekend of October. November '14 was good too. My guess is this year will just be really bad instead of horrific.
batmanfan80

Postby Foltzy on July 24th, 2016, 3:51 pm
batmanfan80 wrote:I've seen the Rosen show a few times, sometimes twice in one day due to all the horrific lines. Never felt it was fake and certainly never seen the same people. Considering the crazy amounts of people let in the last two years, the Rosen show may be the only thing you get to do without a flash pass. Did any of you guys try to go the last weekend last year? It was so bad that the parking was all gone. When we went to Gurnee Mills, the lot there was just about 100% full but the mall inside was almost 100% devoid of customers. So that must mean people were using the malls lot for FF. The first weekend of FF was horrific the last two years too. '12 and '13 at least had very minimal lines in Sept FF and reasonable ones the first weekend of October. November '14 was good too. My guess is this year will just be really bad instead of horrific.

I beg to differ. Kids are seeing Six Flags as a better and better place to spend a day every since they paid like 80 bucks for a season pass. Since everything else related to Halloween (haunted houses, etc) has quadrupled in price, everyone will keep coming to SF for a free day. Personally, I love going to Fright Fest in the afternoon with friends and just going on flats, as they have the least unbearable lines. The atmosphere at FF is fun, and more people are recognizing that.
Foltzy

Postby Coaster Justin on July 26th, 2016, 12:12 am
JaminOut wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:

Unless they plan on adding new haunted houses or attractions, TT2 will be the only reason I come to FF this fall.

To each their own but LAFF is my main reason to visit Fright Fest. I still want 1 new haunted house. Any house that stays for over 5 years has outlived it's welcome in my opinion.

Coaster Justin

Postby chrisisdragon on July 26th, 2016, 2:18 am
Do you think Fright fest get less and less scarier each year because we become more older and the hunted house are most likely geared to younger people
chrisisdragon

Postby Coaster Justin on July 26th, 2016, 7:04 am
chrisisdragon wrote:Do you think Fright fest get less and less scarier each year because we become more older and the hunted house are most likely geared to younger people

For me, I think it gets less and less scary cause the scar-actors don't go after adult men (me) and we see less and less horror/gore year after year. Also I could care less about the house's cause I've done them 2 years ago and they haven't changed. The year or 2 after they added new house's, I bought a wristband to do all the house's and haven't since.

Coaster Justin

Postby stergmi on July 26th, 2016, 1:01 pm
chrisisdragon wrote:Do you think Fright fest get less and less scarier each year because we become more older and the hunted house are most likely geared to younger people

Really I just go so I can ride coasters in the dark and look at the decorations.
stergmi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 26th, 2016, 11:35 pm
I like the atmosphere, but the coaster lines do get unbearable. That's okay though, because TT2's line is always worth it <3
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RBullFan97 on July 27th, 2016, 5:16 am
Honestly, the only Fright Fest "attraction" that I always do is Love at First Fright. I'm not really big on haunted houses. Other than LAFF, a trip to Fright Fest is pretty much just like any other trip: I go for the rides, even if the lines are ridiculous.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum