Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six flags great america Fright fest 2016

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterDemon on November 8th, 2016, 12:46 pm
Eagle and Viper are incredible in the front. Perhaps even a little better in that 3rd seat; the "Herbert P. Schmeck moment of torque seat."
CoasterDemon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on November 8th, 2016, 1:24 pm
Alright, here's my official list of what I do for each coaster:

Whizzer: Either very front or Very back. Both provide great rides. +Night ride, and you have one heck of a ride,

Viper: Back or bust. Seriously, the air in the back is unparalleled in the park. Any other row pales in comparison. I do prefer the left seat, but both are great.

Bull: Back or bust. Even moreso for this one, as the ride is pretty much useless unless it's row 9. Even in the last row, I haven't been getting as much air in recent rides. Also, far left is better in my opinion for the final turns.

Justice League: Not a coaster, but front row is definitely better. Left provides a bit more of an intense ride, so that too.

Demon: Not too fussy on this one, but the first drop does have an insane moment of ejector in the back.

X-Flight: While the back does pull you through the drop faster, the front is better for essentially every other element- even giving a bit of zero gravity in some places. Also, right wing.

Eagle: Still need to ride this a few more times before I can make a proper judgement, but front row does offer a nice sense of speed. Idk when this ride got airtime, because I've only gotten a pop exiting the helix. Nowhere else. Btw, I like Red a tad bit more.

Goliath: Bit of an odd one, but I think the golden seat is Row 11, left seat. It's not on a wheel, so it's even smoother than it already is. It has an opening to the left, making you feel more exposed. Finally, you get more pops of air in the overbanks because you're also a bit higher than the right.

SSR: Kiddie cred, don't really care.

Little Dipper: Again, don't really care. No seats offer airtime.

V2: Back without doubt. You get a solid 5 seconds of zero gravity on the back spike each time.

Batman: Back row, Middle Left seat. It's the PERFECT ratio of smoothness to intensity. No headbanging and still very intense. Fantastic ride it offers.

TDK: Meh

Superman: Don't really care, all rows are intense in the pretzel loop and pointlessly meander after.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on November 8th, 2016, 4:44 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Goliath: Bit of an odd one, but I think the golden seat is Row 11, left seat. Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

I swear everytime I use the SRL I get this exact seat

I feel like Viper's airtime depends on the weather. If it's too cold out (Halloween) it runs a bit slower and therefore gives more airtime in the front row and if it's hot out (Summer) the back is much better.
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 9th, 2016, 10:03 am
^^ Cam, thanks for posting your detailed list. Very interesting.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Wisco Woody on November 10th, 2016, 10:59 am
Viper was actually faster than usual in the pullouts later in the season. So while the back still gave the better mix of positive g force, floater airtime, and fast pacing, if you wanted the most phenomenal consistent floater airtime and some sustained ejector in any Midwestern wooden twister you really had to ride in the front car. Viper is honestly the wooden coaster I will miss most in the off season.

As for where to ride specific coasters, on all SFGAm major coasters the back gives the most intense g forces, but AE and Viper give the best airtime in the front car. Will not ride RB anywhere but back row unless for a reride or a short wait for front row. Superman was my favorite for tricking my family to ride in the back, as in the front or middle the pretzel builds the g force over a couple seconds, while in the back the strongest force starts immediately and is not unlike a mule kick to the chest.
Wisco Woody

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 18th, 2016, 2:02 pm
Wisco Woody wrote: Superman was my favorite for tricking my family to ride in the back, as in the front or middle the pretzel builds the g force over a couple seconds, while in the back the strongest force starts immediately and is not unlike a mule kick to the chest.

LOL! Woody, I'm starting to think you like pain based on posts like this and the ones about Eagle, Mean Streak, etc. :?:

BTW, one thing I actually enjoy is listening to all the words of apprehension and reluctance (even words of regret or fear) of first timers or non-willing riders going up the lift hill on Superman (sometimes even when the seats rotate) ! You don't get that on any other coaster!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby sixflags_aficionado on November 29th, 2016, 10:30 am
In case anyone hasn't seen this, it's a pretty cool behind the scenes of Terror Twister II:
https://youtu.be/XM8ijvNWxlw
sixflags_aficionado

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum