Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Dream plan for Great America

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby maxwellt on July 14th, 2016, 9:24 pm
I hope you all know who Taylor Bybee is from Coaster Studios. He is in my opinion, the best youtuber out there for the coaster industry. I even was subscribed to him when he had less than 300 and was called TheCoasterGuy14 (Good Times...) But he makes great 5 year plans for parks. I want to do a bit of a spin off. Instead of a 5 year plan, make a dream plan! What do I want to see come to this park in the next few years? Lets find out!

I think that its safe to say that Great America has had a pretty good past few years when it comes to adding new attractions. Heres a quick look from this recent decade so far

2010-Little Dipper, A Kiddie Woodie Classic
2011-Hurricane Harbor Expansion
2012-X-Flight, a B&M Wing Coaster
2013-Ignight, a new show
2014-Goliath, a RMC Woodie
2015-Hometown Park
2016-Justice League

Overall, pretty good! It is well balanced with thrilling rides, rides that the kids can enjoy, and rides that all can enjoy! I'm going to look into the next few years and create a dream plan that is reasonable and not impossible. I also kinda feel bad for SFGAm because to set Midwest records is challenging considering Cedar Point and Kings Island (2 biggest Cedar Fair parks) are also in the Midwest. So don't expect too many records being broken.

But before i start, I want SFGAm to make a hub app. Where you can use flash passes on your phone. You make a reservation, then have a scanning code on your phone when you go up to the flash pass person. And scanning while in queue. Think of it, when you see a bar code or whatever, you scan it. This way, predicting the wait time in lines is 10 times more accurate. And every time you scan, you get entered in a drawing for free merchandise or even free flash passes! And lastly, the ability to have your flash pass digitally on your phone!

2017-Mardi Gras renovation

Mardi Gras.png
Red-Superloop
Orange-flying scooters
green-family boomerang (2019 or 2020)

Okay, so by now, six flags knows whats going on for 2017, but I think that this would be ideal for them. Ever since Rajin Cajun left, Mardi Gras has been probably the least most popular section in the park (even with Rajin Cajun it wasn't popular) In 2017, the main goal should get Mardi Gras back on the map. It still would be a small, and rather unpopular section of the park, but it would be a lot better. King Chaos would leave (due to the inefficiency of the ride) and be replace by a Larson SuperLoop (Pray that Six flags dosent advertise it as a roller coaster) And it will be called bourbon street fireball. The big easy balloons will be replaced with larson flying scooters (They are becoming very popular rides and its a good location for the ride being in the center of that section) and in Rajin Cajun's spot will be a family coaster (The coaster will probably be coming later, like in 2019 or something) And I picked a vekoma family coaster because this would be a ride that all could enjoy. Another nice thing about picking the RC spot is because it already has the queue so it makes it a bit easier. Heres a video of what mardi gras should feel like. This is a video from Coaster Fanatic when he went to the mardi gras section at SFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iWsVOdkPhY
Its a bit cheesy but it would be fun especially for the kids

2018-Time for a new coaster

Blitz.png
Red-Blitz coaster (Should be slightly moved to the left but whatever)
Pink-relocation of Hometown park
Black-New Storage

Okay, so its now been 4 years since Goliath, so lets get something good! A lot of people will say "get the s&s 4d free spin" but i don't think six flags needs it. What Great America needs is a launch coaster! Something intense. Batman and Goliath are intense coasters already, so this just adds onto the collection. In here, I put an intamin blitz coaster (iSpeed/Red Fire). I put this one because it seems pretty intense, it fits in the land space I picked for it, and its a launching coaster. Now the park will have 2 different launching roller coasters. Grand music hall will be torn down, but other than flash passes and a show here and there, its not used for too much (At least from my understanding) and for the coaster, i think it shouldn't be an exact copy. It should be a bit close, but i think the brake run towards the end shouldn't be there. and the brake run should be longer and be at a slight decline. Then it will be gold. And for a new flash pass location, I think that it should be towards the front of the park. So when you enter, you can get flash passes right away (Or use your phone :D )
Here is a POV and offride footage of iSpeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WEgV_Acn6E

2019- DREAM YEAR...For kids...

Hometown.png
Orange-Enterance
Red-Skywhirl
Pink-3 Originals (plus building)
Blue-Ferris wheel
Yellow-Bottoms up (was replaced by orbit so i have orbit in as a sizing reference)
Ignore the black storage thing from before
Hometown.png (343.33 KiB) Viewed 7939 times

So the expansion for hometown park in its new location should be a go for 2019. It should be some classic rides that were once at the park. I think that the boomerang should wait until 2020, but the hometown park should gain a few more rides. One of the classic rides I'd like to see is the skywhirl, an old classic. Then throw in a few more rides and you got a kiddie section. I also think that camp cartoon should be rethemed to DC heros and friends and the spacleys sprocket rockets can be called the Joker. Also, a new movie in the pictorium. How about a DC movie? Batman v Superman short?

Heres a video of DC heroes and friends at SFOG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL0Q4fPqzdQ
Heres a video of the old skywhirl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cfNy5Qxqk

2020 - family coaster time!

2 years since the last coaster isnt too bad to add the next. Considering that its a smaller coaster, but a good one, its a perfect time to add it. Im thinking it could be called Zydeco Zinger because it is in the mardi gras section. Thats about it. It will be low capacity but im guessing by the end of the first year the line will kinda be the line for V2. And the hopes for faster operations in the future! Picture of the location of the ride is in the 2017 section
Heres a POV of what the ride will be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxYrTtlT0v4

2021 - Go Karts

Go karts.png

Okay so for the dark knight I did notice something. Theres an extra building to it. And the second building is probably the queue building. Since when did dark knight need a 2nd building for a queue!?! Ive never seen it overflowing. We can Tear down the building, use like half of it, and the other half can be used for a go kart track, since the one got replaced.

2022 - Another coaster

4d.png

A lot of you guys think that a s&s free spin coaster will come in 2017 or 2018...well...i dont. I want it to happen later. I want great america to be one of the last park to get one because i dont think they need it right now. Theyre in more need of a launching coaster and a family coaster (which i fixed no big deal) So now its the ideal time. But where? I think it should go by superman. Some buildings will go away, but we can find a new place for them.

Video of the s&s 4d free spin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLZD_ehMzg

Recap of it all

2017-mardi gras reformation
2018-blitz coaster (themed to green lantern)
2019-all things kids
2020-family coaster
2021-go karts
2022-4d free spin

What do you guys think? Reply to me and tell me what you like and dont like. Ill be glad to hear your guy's opinions on my list.

If you read it all...you da real MPV :D :D
maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on July 14th, 2016, 9:43 pm
- They're not tearing down the Grand Music Hall, it's basically the one theater they actually use all the time and sometimes fills up for shows (especially during Fright Fest)

- The Dark Knight pretty often has a long line that uses much of the queue.

- Moving Hometown Park would be kind of silly, the entire point was that they were putting the original rides basically where they originally were. And it would be really weird to move a new kiddie area to replace the Go Karts, when it was just a few years ago that they put the Go Karts in to replace a perfectly fine kiddie area.
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on July 14th, 2016, 10:14 pm
anewman35 wrote:- They're not tearing down the Grand Music Hall, it's basically the one theater they actually use all the time and sometimes fills up for shows (especially during Fright Fest)

- The Dark Knight pretty often has a long line that uses much of the queue.

- Moving Hometown Park would be kind of silly, the entire point was that they were putting the original rides basically where they originally were. And it would be really weird to move a new kiddie area to replace the Go Karts, when it was just a few years ago that they put the Go Karts in to replace a perfectly fine kiddie area.

What exactly do they use the grand music hall for?

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby JaminOut on July 14th, 2016, 11:26 pm
^Currently an acrobatics show.

Oh, and also: HELL TO THE NO! You ain't takin' my King of Chaos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 14th, 2016, 11:34 pm
Pecking Acrobats, Love at first Fright, ALL indoor shows...

I do like some of these things, but I think you should utilize other spots in the park that are due for destruction, like Pictorium or Bucaneer Battle. Replacing perfectly good stores in Orleans Place isn't the best idea for the park. Someone already showed that an S&S Free Spin can fit in BB's spot, and Sky Trail's spot is still open. A Larson Scooters can also fit there. They just replaced the Go Karts, and now offer a Go Kart pass. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. As for those older rides, most are either scrapped, sold, and or aren't manufactured anymore.

I like the thought put into this though. I'm looking forward to more ideas from you! :)

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 14th, 2016, 11:52 pm
Shout out to coaster studios, more specifically Taylor, for a good day at the park Tuesday.

Anyways, a iSpeed clone would be the best ride in the park in my opinion I would LOVE something like that!
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby maxwellt on July 15th, 2016, 7:27 am
JaminOut wrote:^Currently an acrobatics show.

Oh, and also: HELL TO THE NO! You ain't takin' my King of Chaos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the reason i put that there is because King Chaos always has down time. But I can easily move the larson loop no problem :D
maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on July 15th, 2016, 7:29 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Pecking Acrobats, Love at first Fright, ALL indoor shows...

I do like some of these things, but I think you should utilize other spots in the park that are due for destruction, like Pictorium or Bucaneer Battle. Replacing perfectly good stores in Orleans Place isn't the best idea for the park. Someone already showed that an S&S Free Spin can fit in BB's spot, and Sky Trail's spot is still open. A Larson Scooters can also fit there. They just replaced the Go Karts, and now offer a Go Kart pass. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. As for those older rides, most are either scrapped, sold, and or aren't manufactured anymore.

I like the thought put into this though. I'm looking forward to more ideas from you! :)

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

thanks! Im gonna make an update to this in the next couple of days when i get more feedback. Ill definitely utilize bucaneer battle and the pictorium!
maxwellt

Postby Viper 88 on July 15th, 2016, 10:56 am
What we need are a few good high capacity rides to eat the lines. I will agree with the Skywhirl revamp even 2 spiders wold be acceptable but a regular ferris wheel will not be feasable with park operations I think it would take absolutely too long to load/unload. I think a Wipeout could be nice accomodating up to 60 passengers at a time. A no to the flying scooters as they cannot operate in 25 mph winds so it would just be SBNO. A waltzer as it seems like 1 a good night time ride and 2 high capacity. A Himalaya or Flying Bobs. Remove the go karts and add 3 family rides. Revolution to new Riddler's model. A breakdance. Removal of Jesters for something more thrilling. Retrack but not I box or Iron Horse of Eagle.
Viper 88

Postby stergmi on July 18th, 2016, 6:21 pm
Inty launch not happening. I think it's a long time before they get work in the US again
stergmi

Postby HuskieJohn on July 19th, 2016, 9:58 am
The Dark Knight que old theater building is a lifesaver to families who want to wait for a ride out of the sun and even get some AC with a fan or two to stir the air a bit.
HuskieJohn

Postby maxwellt on July 19th, 2016, 10:32 am
HuskieJohn wrote:The Dark Knight que old theater building is a lifesaver to families who want to wait for a ride out of the sun and even get some AC with a fan or two to stir the air a bit.

Yeah I'm planning to delete this. I've made many changes to this
maxwellt

Postby FParker185 on July 19th, 2016, 7:32 pm
Intamin will be doing several launched coasters in 2017 in the US, though nothing really huge. Intamin is pretty much the only company left now that uses Indrivetec, pretty sure they are at least partially owned by Intamin.

http://www.indrivetec.ch/en/references/

Every other manufacturer I can think of uses ProLim/Intrasys or someone else
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum