Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Pokemon Go

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on July 13th, 2016, 6:56 pm
The park today posted a whole webpage about using Pokemon Go at the park. There are over 30 Pokestops and 3 gyms in the park. I suspect some of you that are purists are going to hate this, but I suspect that until the popularity of the game dies down we're going to be seeing lots of people walking around looking at their phones. Personally I'm excited, I don't have anywhere near me that has this many sites in such a small area...

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/n ... 2016-07-13
anewman35

Postby great america fan on July 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm
I think it's great the only question I have is what is the six flags concert center
great america fan

Postby stergmi on July 13th, 2016, 7:53 pm
great america fan wrote:I think it's great the only question I have is what is the six flags concert center

Used to be SW Amplitheatre, now Justice League. This game uses waypoints from a prior game so some are outdated.

There are actually 4 gyms.

Carousel
JL
Goliath
Superman
stergmi

Postby Tardis1972 on July 14th, 2016, 10:02 am
I got to be honest I really don't care about this. I was at the park on Monday and I don't I could count how many people I saw playing it. I actually overheard someone who was playing it say man this is so addictive that it's like a drug.
Tardis1972

Postby MrsTaxi on July 14th, 2016, 2:13 pm
Not interested in Pokemon Go, but to each his/her own.
MrsTaxi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 14th, 2016, 11:46 pm
My sister would always dread going to SFGAm with me but now she's begging to go because of Pokemon go lol
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby HuskieJohn on July 19th, 2016, 9:46 am
My family tried to play on our visit last week and the cell signal was weak all over the park. On top of that there were very few non-common Pokemon. It was nice to load up a bit on items though. As for the Gyms its so busy at the park that they are just a time suck to battle to take over.
HuskieJohn

Postby WaltDatedWorld on September 13th, 2016, 10:51 pm
I just got a survey from the park after my visit this past Saturday for Out in the Park and one of the questions asked if I played Pokemon Go during my visit and another asked if I would make a special trip to the park just to play Pokemon Go. Maybe they are planning some sort of tie in or promotion for next year?
Visit Walt Dated World
www.waltdatedworld.com
WaltDatedWorld

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum