Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ChiGuy on July 31st, 2016, 10:49 am
What does everyone have against Revolution? Of the flat rides we have, I consider it one of the more intense ones, especially when it kicks into high gear toward the end of the ride. Besides the tight restraints, what else do you guys not like about it? I think it's a fun ride experience and fits the theme of the area well. And at night with all the lights are on, it's cool to watch it spin.

I'd love to see some more thrilling flats, but not at the expense of Revolution. I'd much rather see King Chaos go. That thing is just boring. No G-force or intensity at ALL on the few times I rode it. Or why not get rid of either Triple Play, East River Crawler or Ricochet? All of those are so similar to one another that if one or two were to go away, I wouldn't miss them. Not to mention they are older than Revolution and it'd be nice to see something brand new and different in one or two of their places. I just see a lot of disdain directed at Revolution and I don't get it. But I'd love to hear your thoughts.
ChiGuy

Postby JaminOut on July 31st, 2016, 12:34 pm
Revolution is a ride that can be upgraded to another frisbee with more forces and a higher capacity. It's not that we hate the ride, it's that we a new pattern starting in the chain in which an old frisbee is replaced with a new one. The other three rides you mentioned being the same is like calling Viper and American Eagle the same. Yes, they all spin; they spin in different ways. Just like a roller coaster moves, others move in different ways. As for King Chaos, I blame the ride pattern and that problem could easily be solved (considering they added a new one this year).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Viper 88 on August 1st, 2016, 8:25 am
I think it's time to de-throne the King! I was at the park Friday and was on the balloons and was watching that thing and it was shaking like a mother. If I am correct the 2 side towers, are actually tanks filled with water to balance out the weight and laterals from the revolutions of the gondola. Well it looked like it was the shakiest ride in the park, to me it looked incredibly dangerous. We ate at Johnny Rockets in Mardi Gras and where we were sitting you could see cracks in the side of the tanks now that could just be the stickers due to it being 12 years old or it could have been from the extreme cold of past winters. Either way I will not be going on it ever again. We could replace them with a couple of highflyer type rides with the cages and call the Zydeco Zip or Zydeco Zephyer.
Viper 88

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2016, 11:34 am
Well it's August. If Six Flags follows the usual schedule, 2017 Announcements are coming in about a month.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JaminOut on August 1st, 2016, 12:47 pm
Announcement will be September 1st.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby gottastrata33 on August 1st, 2016, 12:49 pm
I am really banking on a new coaster but I'm also being very fan boy by allowing myself to get hyped from rumor chatter.

I find it a little odd that we haven't received a teaser yet. I was def expecting to wake up to one today. So with that said, I'm thinking we really may not be getting anything too exciting. but who knows, they could show us a video of someone mowing grass & the next thing you know at the end of August, we'll get somethin like Lex Luthors Revenge - 4D free fly. & the only thing we were supposed to catch in the teaser was green for Lex Luthor haha.
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on August 1st, 2016, 1:04 pm
My bet is that it's nothing exciting. Larson Looper here we come.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby ilrider on August 1st, 2016, 2:41 pm
I'm kind of feeling off year for next year, meaning something smaller, after getting JLBFM this year.
ilrider

Postby anewman35 on August 1st, 2016, 2:55 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
I find it a little odd that we haven't received a teaser yet. I was def expecting to wake up to one today. So with that said, I'm thinking we really may not be getting anything too exciting. but who knows, they could show us a video of someone mowing grass & the next thing you know at the end of August, we'll get somethin like Lex Luthors Revenge - 4D free fly. & the only thing we were supposed to catch in the teaser was green for Lex Luthor haha.

I'm on a phone now and am having trouble going back into last year in the forums to check, but I recall last year they started a few days later than we would have expected. I also seem to remember they were usually later in the week, so maybe in a few days?
anewman35

Postby staticshadows on August 1st, 2016, 4:02 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby FParker185 on August 1st, 2016, 7:51 pm
Viper 88 wrote:I think it's time to de-throne the King! I was at the park Friday and was on the balloons and was watching that thing and it was shaking like a mother. If I am correct the 2 side towers, are actually tanks filled with water to balance out the weight and laterals from the revolutions of the gondola. Well it looked like it was the shakiest ride in the park, to me it looked incredibly dangerous.

They are supposed to be filled with water, but the park instead filled with with sand which is why it's as unstable as it it, and can't perform like other Top Spins.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby maxwellt on August 1st, 2016, 8:50 pm
staticshadows wrote:It looks like the announcement video was Thurs Sept 3rd last year and is supposed to be Thurs Sept 1st this year. The park started dropping hints on twitter on Fri August 14th last year, so I would expect them to start sometime around Fri August 12th this year.
So far, it has been confirmed that Great Adventure and Over Georgia are getting Justice League, based on planning board agendas. Magic Mountain has cleared the Action Theater site, which could fit a Justice League ride and they have started concrete work on something next to Apocalypse.

What satellite imagery do u use?
maxwellt

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on August 1st, 2016, 9:48 pm
Nearmap
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Jeffrey Smith on August 1st, 2016, 11:46 pm
I could defiantly see the park getting getting a Larson Super Loop this year and putting it in the old Ragin Cagin spot. I especially see this happening since they didn't take down the front part or the queue line of RC. I could also see them maybe taking down Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper this off season because of how bad of shape their in and how old they are. Then in 2018 putting a new coaster in there spot.
Jeffrey Smith

Postby RollingCoasting on August 1st, 2016, 11:55 pm
I'm actually surprised nobody mentioned a Superloop for like 2 weeks until today. :p

I really hope it wouldn't go in RC's spot, there's much more room for say, a discovery?

We are one of the biggest Six Flags parks, I don't see why we can't get one.
RollingCoasting

Postby Jeffrey Smith on August 2nd, 2016, 12:48 am
Yeah I hope it doesn't go there to but it makes a lot of sense. The other thing they could do is when they eventually take Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper out, use RC's spot for the station of the ride that will replace them.
Jeffrey Smith

Postby jmanporty7 on August 2nd, 2016, 4:45 pm
Jeffrey Smith wrote:I could defiantly see the park getting getting a Larson Super Loop this year and putting it in the old Ragin Cagin spot. I especially see this happening since they didn't take down the front part or the queue line of RC. I could also see them maybe taking down Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper this off season because of how bad of shape their in and how old they are. Then in 2018 putting a new coaster in there spot.

Like a premier launched coaster!
jmanporty7

Postby RollingCoasting on August 2nd, 2016, 7:17 pm
I just though of a crazy idea.

Coaster Studios posted a picture on Instagram of a fortune from Chop Six at SFA so it gave me the idea.

What if Six Flags Great America started a campaign where they would put a big hint to the 2017 addition on only one fortune from Chop Six every week until the announcement.

I'm sure it'd bring in a ton of cash.
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on August 2nd, 2016, 8:43 pm
The marketing department isn't *that* clever.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 3rd, 2016, 2:37 pm
I'm expecting a teaser today, since it's been a week since the Zamperla one.
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on August 3rd, 2016, 5:11 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I'm expecting a teaser today, since it's been a week since the Zamperla one.

Assuming the Zamperla thing was a teaser, that is...
anewman35

Postby Viper 88 on August 4th, 2016, 9:23 am
According to famous Six Flags Great America youtuber Jiggidy NDG this weekend it is rumored that Orbit, Scenic Railway, Jesters and East River Crawler will shut down for the season. Do you think this is accurate or just some park employee pumping out BS? If they did this it would mean an additional 4 closures instead of the usual 5 (Sky Trek Tower, Roaring Rapids, Yankee Clipper, Loggers Run and Bucky Battle). If it is part of the 2017 announcement they are flats and can be dismantled in no time it's not like trying to tear down a coaster. Or do you think it's part of some insane maintenance schedule that would drastically increase already horrid Fright Fest Lines?
Viper 88

Postby coasterfanatic on August 4th, 2016, 11:42 am
I doubt that Crawler closes as it's usually a Freight Fest themed ride. Railway is sometimes closed for FF so that's no shock.

There could be something of substance with the Orbit. Hearing rumors that this could be the last year for it. Don't know if this for sure or not, but that's what I heard.

In regards to the new ride, also hearing that the new ride will be something that occupies the Raging Cajun spot. It could be one of those 4D Zac Spin coasters.

I doubt we get a SuperLoop
coasterfanatic

Postby JaminOut on August 4th, 2016, 12:27 pm
My inside sources have said they will not be adding a coaster or "coaster" (superloop named a coaster).

I'm not saying you should or that Great America wants you to, but all employees who were at orientation know what attraction will be coming to the park in 2017.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on August 4th, 2016, 12:48 pm
My bet is on a Joker themed Giant Discovery in Cajuns plot, and eventually a sky creamer in Revolutions plot of land.... That would be awesome flying over the rapids, if a giant discovery were put in Cajuns plot.
SFGAMNUT9302

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum