Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on September 11th, 2016, 5:29 pm
bbd wrote:I do think many parks could see huge benefit from the cost effective Premier Rides launch models. I kind of hope they stop the 4D's soon b/c being in 6 of 13 parks is about enough. However, you can easily make a case for any of the remaining parks to get 4D's. DK and Stl already have launch coasters, the other low cost coaster option. OG would be the 1st 4D in the south, but they could also use a launch coaster or a RMC of Ga Cyclone. SF Mexico, 1st 4D in latin america, but could use a launch too. SFAm just needs something. Cases like this can be made for the rest too.

I'll never understand the mindset that "Six Flags should stop putting in X ride because it's in too many parks". If it's a good ride, why should people in St. Louis and Atlanta be deprived of it just because people in Chicago and Dallas have it? Most people who go to the parks are local and aren't going to ever go to another Six Flags. Maybe it's more fun for people like us to have a lot of ride variety, but I don't think that's true for the general public.
anewman35

Postby Mean Streaker on September 11th, 2016, 6:28 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:The flumes and wilderness theater alone opens up a big plot of land. Adding some, but not all, of picnic grove and they would plenty of space to build a premier launch coaster. Build as big as a coaster possible with a $10 million budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always wanted the park to tear down the Wilderness Theater to build the second half of Goliath.

But jokes aside I wish the WT would've went when Goliath was built and the entrance could've been in Yukon Territory with a name like Tomahawk. It could've been a monster not just a really intense 30 seconds. Tallest, fastest, steepest, most inversions, longest RMC.
Mean Streaker

Postby stergmi on September 11th, 2016, 6:35 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:The flumes and wilderness theater alone opens up a big plot of land. Adding some, but not all, of picnic grove and they would plenty of space to build a premier launch coaster. Build as big as a coaster possible with a $10 million budget.

I've always wanted the park to tear down the Wilderness Theater to build the second half of Goliath.

But jokes aside I wish the WT would've went when Goliath was built and the entrance could've been in Yukon Territory with a name like Tomahawk. It could've been a monster not just a really intense 30 seconds. Tallest, fastest, steepest, most inversions, longest RMC.

I was thinking similar but with the name Timber Wolf since it was a wooden coaster replacing Iron Wolf. I know that make is used by Cedar Fair but whatever this is a dream

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby RollingCoasting on September 11th, 2016, 6:51 pm
^ That'd be pretty cool, especially if they re-used the old logo and just made all the Iron look like Wood.

I also envisioned what SFGAm could've done with Goliath: (Bold indicates new elements)

1. Drop
2. Ejector Airtime Hill
3. Overbank Top Hat
4. 200 Degree Stall
5. Airtime Hill
6. 180 Degree Zero-G Stall/Inverted Drop
7. Inverted Zero-G Stall
8. Outward Airtime Hill
9. Overbank Twist And Shout
10. Double Reversing Banked Airtime Hill
11. Brake Run

Might not be possible with the service road, but it'd make Goliath 10 times better (in my opinion)
RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on September 11th, 2016, 6:54 pm
I just wish that on Goliath instead of the final double twist overbank turn they would have built a wooden cobra roll for a total of 4 inversions, then followed by an airtime packed double down into the brakes. That would still fit within the footprint and would bring the length to almost 3500 ft and give a similar ride time to Wicked Cyclone and Lightning Rod, and would compete with LR and Wildfire for the title of best RMC.
Wisco Woody

Postby Mean Streaker on September 11th, 2016, 8:27 pm
I like all of those ideas. The rails could've been red to match Iron Wolf's.

This would be a fun project for an RCT or NoLimits remake of the park.
Mean Streaker

Postby Foltzy on September 11th, 2016, 9:53 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:I just wish that on Goliath instead of the final double twist overbank turn they would have built a wooden cobra roll for a total of 4 inversions, then followed by an airtime packed double down into the brakes. That would still fit within the footprint and would bring the length to almost 3500 ft and give a similar ride time to Wicked Cyclone and Lightning Rod, and would compete with LR and Wildfire for the title of best RMC.

Okay yes it sounds really cool, but part of me is doubting the mechanical aspect of that is possible. I don't know how much it differs by but I'm guessing it's not similar at all compared to 180 inverted drop
Foltzy

Postby RollingCoasting on September 11th, 2016, 10:24 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:I like all of those ideas. The rails could've been red to match Iron Wolf's.

*Crimson. And Iron Wolf's rails were silver :wink:

I'd love to put my idea in No Limits... but I don't have No Limits. :cry: I could try RCT3.

Btw, if someone else tries to make Goliath with a longer layout, include the Service Road/Surrounding Area please
RollingCoasting

Postby Mean Streaker on September 11th, 2016, 11:38 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:I like all of those ideas. The rails could've been red to match Iron Wolf's.

*Crimson. And Iron Wolf's rails were silver :wink:

I'd love to put my idea in No Limits... but I don't have No Limits. :cry: I could try RCT3.

Btw, if someone else tries to make Goliath with a longer layout, include the Service Road/Surrounding Area please

Yeah but silver RMC rails wouldn't capture the heart of IW unless the supports were painted red.
Mean Streaker

Postby Wisco Woody on September 12th, 2016, 12:46 am
Foltzy wrote:Okay yes it sounds really cool, but part of me is doubting the mechanical aspect of that is possible. I don't know how much it differs by but I'm guessing it's not similar at all compared to 180 inverted drop

It is very possible. Both Hades 360 and Wildfire feature full on prefab wood corkscrew rolls, and the 180 inverted dive drop is just a dive loop with a straightened half corkscrew entrance, so the prefab cobra roll would be no issue. The maniacal Alan Schilke would design the radius of curvature to give the exact level of positive and lateral Gs he desired, probably less extreme than the cobra roll on Raptor at CP due to the lack of upper body OSTR.

It does sadden me that because I have also ridden Outlaw Run and Storm Chaser, and even though Goliath gives the superior ride intensity and best pure layout, many consider those 2 and most RMCs to be better than Goliath, especially OR, because of Goliath's perceived shortness due to its speed and complete lack of themeing and smaller elements/maneuvers.
Wisco Woody

Postby Coaster Justin on September 12th, 2016, 11:15 am
My wish for Goliath would've been an 150ft tall Riverview Bobs with the same intensity.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby maxwellt on September 12th, 2016, 4:32 pm
I have faith that six flags will be working with b&m. They're adding a dive coaster to the haiyan park in 2019, so maybe a dive coaster at some six flags parks, they're usually under 20mil, so it would be a great fit for six flags parks to get em

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby jmanporty7 on September 12th, 2016, 4:39 pm
What else is the China park getting coaster-wise?

jmanporty7

Postby bbd on September 12th, 2016, 5:09 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:What else is the China park getting coaster-wise?

There is an official site with no actually rides listed. They talk about "record breaking rides", etc... There are a bunch of China parks possible coming. A month ago an development agreement was reached for a second park with water park.

Six Flags President for International Development said earlier thus year, Six Flags wants to open as many as 10 amusement parks in China in the decade after its first one opens. The first 1 is slated to cost 4.6Billion and the second about the same. North American parks are likely going to continue to see smaller expenditures till they start recouping all that capital. We may be in for 7-10M coasters for a decade and less than inspiring announcement years like 2017
bbd

Postby staticshadows on September 12th, 2016, 7:06 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby stergmi on September 12th, 2016, 7:58 pm
staticshadows wrote:Six Flags isn't investing any money in these international parks. They are being paid a licensing fee for use of the Six Flags name and are being paid for design work, consulting, and management of the parks. The water park in Mexico was a lease agreement similar to La Ronde and Six Flags Mexico. They expect to recoup the investment in the water park within two years. All of this info can be found in the Annual and Quarterly financial reports and Earnings Call transcripts.

This.

stergmi

Postby bbd on September 13th, 2016, 10:46 am
stergmi wrote:
staticshadows wrote:Six Flags isn't investing any money in these international parks. They are being paid a licensing fee for use of the Six Flags name and are being paid for design work, consulting, and management of the parks. The water park in Mexico was a lease agreement similar to La Ronde and Six Flags Mexico. They expect to recoup the investment in the water park within two years. All of this info can be found in the Annual and Quarterly financial reports and Earnings Call transcripts.

This.

So SF is just being cheap building 7M dollar family coasters like 4D's.
bbd

Postby stergmi on September 13th, 2016, 10:55 am
bbd wrote:
stergmi wrote:

This.

I'd say they're being space conscious, for the same money they can get GCI woodies.

I guess the alternative is CF where parks get even smaller annual additions while KI and CP get all the new toys.

stergmi

Postby bbd on September 13th, 2016, 12:24 pm
stergmi wrote:
stergmi wrote:

This.

I'd say they're being space conscious, for the same money they can get GCI woodies.

I guess the alternative is CF where parks get even smaller annual additions while KI and CP get all the new toys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/quote]

You mean like SF doesn't neglect 1/4 of their parks....Ie...MM,NE,GAm have gotten 3 coasters and in the same period Escape and LaRonde haven't got a coaster since 2004 and 2010, OG not since 2011, Am not since 2012 and it was a relocate, Stl also only has a relocate as it's last coaster in 2013 SF does the same as CP, they have chosen parks who get way more than others. Just look at who has gotten the the SF Corporate marquee items lately, which are RMC's, Justice League, 4D's. MM,GAm, OT have all 3 marquee items, In the same time parks like AM, LaRonde, Escape have gotten none of the marquee items in the SF line up.

SF marquee additions are RMC, 4D, Justice league that they hype

MM-all 3 ...3 coasters since 2011
OT--all 3 ...2 coasters since 2011
GAm-all 3..3 coasters since 2012
GAdv-2 1/2,,b/c El Toro Intamin using some of RMC team/concepts...2 coasters since 2011
FT-2--RMC and 4D...2 coasters since since 2013
NE-2--RMC and 4D...3 coasters since 2012
Dk-1--RMC....2 coasters since 2012
OG-1--Justice League...last coaster 2011
Stl-1--Justice league---last coaster 2013 relocate
Mex-1--RMC is the last coaster in 2014
Am-0--last coaster 2012 relocate
LaR-0--last coaster 2010
Esc-0--last coaster 2005
bbd

Postby stergmi on September 13th, 2016, 2:02 pm
LaRonde is a deal where SF manages it but doesn't own it.

And look at the parks neglected. STL, AM, and Great Escape.

Now look at CF, do they even remember they have parks in Cali? Knott's has got a coaster ever under CF ownership. CA G-Am has 1. WoF got 1. KD? 1 plus a relo. LOL what's a ValleyFair/Michigan's Adventure. Geauga Lake? Couldn't wait to strip it for parts. The only Paramount Parks to get Carowinds got 2 and a relo. KI has gotten 3 and CP has gotten 3 plus whatever may happen to Mean Streak.

All since 2007

stergmi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 13th, 2016, 2:21 pm
Door neigh park? What's that?

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby stergmi on September 13th, 2016, 2:26 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Door neigh park? What's that?

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Let's * close it down too!

stergmi

Postby bbd on September 13th, 2016, 2:47 pm
stergmi wrote:LaRonde is a deal where SF manages it but doesn't own it.

Now look at CF, do they even remember they have parks in Cali? Knott's has got a coaster ever under CF ownership. CA G-Am has 1. WoF got 1. KD? 1 plus a relo. LOL what's a ValleyFair/Michigan's Adventure. Geauga Lake? Couldn't wait to strip it for parts. The only Paramount Parks to get Carowinds got 2 and a relo. KI has gotten 3 and CP has gotten 3 plus whatever may happen to Mean Streak.

All since 2007

You people are hilarious in that you just can't admit that SF does the exact same thing as CF. Some parks get a lot more than others. Only in your minds is SF great in equal distribution and CF horrible. Of course since GAm has been one of the prime beneficiaries of SF inequality not only do people here pretend it doesn't exist, but they are fine with it, but also try to falsely claim CF is worse in its inequality.
bbd

Postby Coaster Justin on September 13th, 2016, 2:52 pm
I think Cedar Fair's PR needs some improvements personally. Kings Dominion and Worlds Of Fun more than others. Twice in 5 years, Kings Dominion overhyped a Planet Snoopy expansion.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby stergmi on September 13th, 2016, 2:56 pm
bbd wrote:
stergmi wrote:LaRonde is a deal where SF manages it but doesn't own it.

All since 2007

You people are hilarious in that you just can't admit that SF does the exact same thing as CF. Some parks get a lot more than others. Only in your minds is SF great in equal distribution and CF horrible. Of course since GAm has been one of the prime beneficiaries of SF inequality not only do people here pretend it doesn't exist, but they are fine with it, but also try to falsely claim CF is worse in its inequality.

I openly acknowledged there's the same thing. Bigger parks get more.

But SF has more parks that have gotten a coaster in the last 5 years than CF. SF also gives more to the highest visited parks.

Knott's is the highest attended CF park and has gotten a new thrill ride since 2001. Can you imagine if we said the same thing about MM? CW is the highest attended seasonal CF park and has gotten a B&M hyper, giga and indoor dark ride coaster. Currently just about every CF park over the last two years got refurbed carnie rides from Europe. Not even NEW rides. It's obvious that CF favors Cedar Point over all others. Can you really say that SF favors one specific park over the rest of the entire chain?

stergmi

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum