Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 25th, 2016, 3:28 pm
It doesn't NEED to be a Rocketslide, though. I just did that to prove you don't need to remove Bahama Mamma and Bubba Tubba for one.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on December 25th, 2016, 3:31 pm
I see

You have to admit though, rocketblasts (The more probable route) aren't as compact as rocketslides, so it'd be slightly harder to put one in without removing an existing attraction.

saucer turn.png

Just to give a bit of a visual, I've imported a picture of a saucer turn (From Singha at Siam Park) to show their size. Thunder rapids has 4 of these. It seems that it could be possible to squeeze in a very compact layout in just that plot of sand, but it'd be a very tight fit.

Still, if Bubba Tubba and Bahama Mama were removed there would be a pretty decent amount of space for a long water coaster
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on December 26th, 2016, 1:34 am
I'm gonna go with Guy on this. Why remove those high capacity slides? They're popular & great family raft slides. We have a great collection - actually almost the entire proslide portfolio. I don't see the necessity to take anything out yet in my opinion. So just add to it! ;)
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on December 26th, 2016, 1:55 am
Well, I suppose they COULD put in a water coaster without taking something out, but there isn't too much available space. The sandplot is really it, and it's fairly compact. I could imagine a mix of Deluge/Thunder Rapids (Tall with saucer turns) potentially, but I still think they could make a better layout by taking something out.

Also take in mind that Singha at Siam Park (Proslide Rocketblast model) takes up a TON of space, which is why I'm having my doubts.
RollingCoasting

Postby staticshadows on December 26th, 2016, 2:13 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on December 27th, 2016, 3:16 am
So I think we can all agree that 2018 will either be a flat pack or a waterpark addition.

To change the current discussion up a bit, I'm thinking a Skyscreamer could fit next to Demon's MCBR in Metropolis Plaza.

ww2019.png

It'd give the area something other than Justice League, and it surprisingly fits.

A Wonder Woman theme seems reasonable
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 27th, 2016, 3:19 am
It'd be a tight fit, but I think it could work.

However, the Sky Trail spot is still the best location for one in my opinion.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby jmanporty7 on December 27th, 2016, 6:18 am
If we were to get this I don't want it to be super hero themed. I want it to be called the Great American SkyScreamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby Viper 88 on December 27th, 2016, 12:13 pm
ugh for the last time we do not need a skyscreamer it is just a tall whirligig!
Viper 88

Postby JaminOut on December 27th, 2016, 1:19 pm
And we also don't need Giant Drop because we have Sky Trek Tower.

They are two different rides, one provides great views, spins faster, and has height. The other geared toward families and stays low to the ground.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby staticshadows on December 27th, 2016, 2:21 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 27th, 2016, 5:01 pm
JaminOut wrote:And we also don't need Giant Drop because we have Sky Trek Tower.

They are two different rides, one provides great views, spins faster, and has height. The other geared toward families and stays low to the ground.

AMEN, Ben!! I was gonna say the same thing. I got to ride Texas Sky Screamer once this summer and it was pretty amazing!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Wisco Woody on December 27th, 2016, 10:37 pm
I wouldn't rule out a Giant Discovery frisbee. We seem to be on a similar addition schedule as Over Texas, and a Discovery or SkyScreamer would be a great replacement for Revolution or Sky Trail. Keep in mind they can't keep adding endless rides like several people are proposing, and at this point any ride addition is almost guaranteed a ride removal due to staffing and maintenance.
Wisco Woody

Postby Coaster Justin on December 28th, 2016, 9:46 am
Viper 88 wrote:ugh for the last time we do not need a skyscreamer it is just a tall whirligig!

That's like saying we didn't need Justice League cause its an indoor Buccaneer Battle
Or we didn't need Goliath cause it's a tall Viper
We didn't need Shockwave cause it was a tall Demon
We didn't need Little Dipper cause it was a taller Spacely Sprocket Rockets (Yes, It actually is 3" taller)

Or maybe the fact that it would be 200+ft, have the option to go backwards, operate all season, and not have maintenance problems would be cool enough to add one.

Also to completely ruin your point, Both SFDK and La Ronde are adding Zamperla Giant Discovery's (aka Frisbee's) to parks that already have smaller Frisbee's. Case closed.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on December 30th, 2016, 12:59 am
I mapped out all of the possible spots for additions (Mainly flat rides) without removing anything

Like Woody said they staffing is a problem, so not all of these locations will be filled, but I'm willing to bet atleast one of these locations will be home to the park's next flat ride.

Besides the usual Trailblazer or Sky Trail's old spot, some of these spots are never talked about

Orleans Place - 1
Next to the TDK, they could squeeze an a Zamperla Endeavour, Larson Flying Scooters,or a Funtime Star Flyer

Yankee Harbor - 1
Across the mid-way from Joker, a Harley Quinn themed endeavour could squeeze in

Yukon Territory - 1
Behind Cartoon Cabin, there's room for a Zamperla Giant Discovery on the waterfront. I think "Hatchet" would be a good name

North County Fair - 2
Kidzopolis can be expanded behind the tent.

Also, there's room for a Star Flyer, Flying Scooters, or Endeavour where the seating area by X-Flight is

South County Fair - 2
Buccaneer's Battle's excess queue could squeeze in a Star Flyer

I could see an Endeavour, Star Flyer, Slingshot, or possibly a Giant Discovery here. Perhaps the rumored Zamperla Giant Air Race

Metropolis Plaza - 1
A Star Flyer could fit under Demon's MCBR turn

Southwest Territory - 1
Doubt it will happen with the Larson contract up, but a Superloop could fit in Trailblazer's spot. Otherwise, maybe an Intamin hammer?

Hometown Square - 1
With the RMC Contract up (I think it was 5 years right?), I could see Six Flags working with Premier again in the near future. Perhaps for 2020 or 2021, we'll see a Full Throttle-like launched coaster behind Whizzer.
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on January 1st, 2017, 2:34 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I mapped out all of the possible spots for additions (Mainly flat rides) without removing anything

Like Woody said they staffing is a problem, so not all of these locations will be filled, but I'm willing to bet at least one of these locations will be home to the park's next flat ride.

Besides the usual Trailblazer or Sky Trail's old spot, some of these spots are never talked about

Orleans Place - 1
IMAGE REMOVED
Next to the TDK, they could squeeze an a Zamperla Endeavour, Larson Flying Scooters,or a Funtime Star Flyer

Yankee Harbor - 1
IMAGE REMOVED
Across the mid-way from Joker, a Harley Quinn themed endeavour could squeeze in

Yukon Territory - 1
IMAGE REMOVED
Behind Cartoon Cabin, there's room for a Zamperla Giant Discovery on the waterfront. I think "Hatchet" would be a good name

North County Fair - 2
IMAGE REMOVED
Kidzopolis can be expanded behind the tent.

Also, there's room for a Star Flyer, Flying Scooters, or Endeavour where the seating area by X-Flight is

South County Fair - 2
IMAGE REMOVED
Buccaneer's Battle's excess queue could squeeze in a Star Flyer

I could see an Endeavour, Star Flyer, Slingshot, or possibly a Giant Discovery here. Perhaps the rumored Zamperla Giant Air Race

Metropolis Plaza - 1
IMAGE REMOVED
A Star Flyer could fit under Demon's MCBR turn

Southwest Territory - 1
IMAGE REMOVED
Doubt it will happen with the Larson contract up, but a Superloop could fit in Trailblazer's spot. Otherwise, maybe an Intamin hammer?

Hometown Square - 1
IMAGE REMOVED
With the RMC Contract up (I think it was 5 years right?), I could see Six Flags working with Premier again in the near future. Perhaps for 2020 or 2021, we'll see a Full Throttle-like launched coaster behind Whizzer.

I'm going to go ahead and debunk a few of these.

1st, not a bad size of land, but where would the queue and exit go? Especially on land that is so complicated.

2nd, This space is so small there's literally no place for queue.

3rd, You really think SF would pay huge amounts of cash for landscaping all of the modifications to the pool?

4th, I think you're under-estimating the size of this area by X-flight. Good luck fitting any ride there. As for kidzopolis, not the best place to expand. Right by some dumpsters will create quite the atmosphere. If they were to expand kidzopolis, it would be best to go outward by removing the useless cafe building and adding a wall between Jonny Rockets. This would require modifications to Eagle's queue though so it's expensive.

5th, BB's queue would be difficult to use because it would have to share already existing queue space. Where would you route the entrance/exit?

6th, The terrain here would make it very difficult to build anything. The only place the queue and exit could go would be by Justice League or to use the existing midway going to the stairs of Demon's MCBR. Terrain modification would be difficult with Demon's footers so close.

7th, No complaints here, seems realistic enough.

8th, I have only a question for you on this one....You highlighted Whizzer's 3rd turn, Are you suggesting these two rides intersect?

All the theories in your post are fairly far-fetched and some just downright impossible with spaces so tight. This isn't like RCT or Planet Coaster where it's add a ride, think about the rest later. You need to consider utilities and path routes.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby RollingCoasting on January 1st, 2017, 3:21 pm
1. It can use some of TDK's flash pass queue, which would have to be relocated

2. I can see your point here

3. I was just trying to show where they could fit new flat rides without removing anything, I didn't say it would actually happen

4. The X-Flight idea was not my mine, but someone suggested I include it in here.
xflight.png

xflight2.png

But as you can see, a Larson Superloop can indeed fit here. (Queue also shown) Granted the Larson deal is up, but who knows what Six Flags will do

For Kidzopolis, I meant more that they could expand the tent, not necessarily plop a ride back there.

5. If you've ever seen the queue block, you'd know that it is fairly large for a ride like Buccaneer Battle. (If I'm correct, it was reused from Deja Vu, but don't quote me on that)

endeavour.png
endeavour.png (460.91 KiB) Viewed 12589 times

I couldn't find a satellite picture of a Zamperla Endeavour, so I'm using Orbit for reference. It takes up all of BB's excess queue,yes, but a new queue block can be built where the shruberry is, and the exit can be BB's line goes into the excess queue. What they would do to separate the entrances to these two attractions, I don't know. But I've proved my point, so :P

6. I guess you could be right here

7. Thanks

8. :| I actually forgot about Whizzer's turns because they're so hard to see with the trees :D

But here is a picture created by staticshadows proving that a launch coaster could fit here.

---
Thanks for the constructive feedback. Have I sold you on #1, #4, #5, and #8?
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on January 1st, 2017, 3:39 pm
Not really sold. But I do see what you're trying to prove.

In regards to #1, where would the flash pass go? The Exit? The handicap entrance? We all know exit Flash Passes don't go well. There's still the issue of the terrain there, remember that the railroad is high up, if you remove the terrain from the hill it could become unstable without a cement retention wall. It would be like the concrete wall along Goliath's queue, that was there as a retention wall before the Coke stand and gift shop were there.

5, I understand the queue block is large, but that doesn't make it large enough for an entire ride and queue space....as much as I would love a Zamperla Endeavour. This is like the people who seem to think a Frisbee in Revolution's spot. I've been to cedar point at least once and a Frisbee is much larger, it would require the removal of the kidzopolis gift shop at least....even then it's a stretch.

As for 8, there's no doubt in my mind that with the Pictorium gone another coaster could go there. A large one at that. I just don't know if SFGAm will ever allow Pictorium to die.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby RollingCoasting on January 1st, 2017, 4:30 pm
TDK Flat 1.png

Again, I had to use Orbit in place of an endeavour (If only SFOT's map was updated a few months later).

Turns out, it really doesn't affect TDK's Flash Pass queue too much, only really cutting into the entrance to it. Furthermore, the employee path leading from Primo's can be re-routed to go around the endeavour.

TDK Flat 2.png

View of where the entrance would be (Middle building) from the seating area.

TDK Flat 3.png

3D view, Circled in red is where the endeavour's entrance and exit would be (Right next to each other to maximize space), building on the left would have to be opened up from the side for the TDK's flash pass queue.

For #5, I used the same scale maps for both images, and it shows Orbit fitting perfectly where the queue is + 2 queue blocks and and exit, so I'm not sure where the doubt is coming from. Buccaneer Battle's sign could moved closer to where the queue actually starts, maybe both queues could start right next to each other, like this:

endeavour2.png
endeavour2.png (442.56 KiB) Viewed 12571 times

Kind of like the Twix signs that say "Thrill Seekers, enter on the right, dare devils enter on the left", the signs could be right next to each other.

That's pretty much all I have to say :p

-RC
RollingCoasting

Postby staticshadows on January 6th, 2017, 3:41 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on January 6th, 2017, 4:01 pm
God I hope not. Was actually planning on riding it again this year xD Keep it on Demon and I'm happy lol

Plus there's a new coaster right next door, I'm sure it'll attract more Batman riders this season

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on January 7th, 2017, 2:51 am
RollingCoasting wrote:God I hope not. Was actually planning on riding it again this year xD Keep it on Demon and I'm happy lol

Plus there's a new coaster right next door, I'm sure it'll attract more Batman riders this season

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

What would be cool (But also stupid) is Dark Knight VR, The worst thing would be Eagle VR. But if VR is being taken off Demon, then maybe it's getting Blue-Hawk'd?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on January 7th, 2017, 2:55 am
Since it's already somewhat of a "Dark ride", I think augmented reality would do TDK better than VR. I mean, I don't see it happening, but it would just be better.
However, any type of VR would just make TDK's operations dreadful. It already has some of the slowest operations in the park coaster-wise, so I can't even imagine...

Yeah, Eagle VR would also probably not be the best. All I can see is stacking
RollingCoasting

Postby stockboy300 on January 7th, 2017, 6:31 pm
I tried VR on Demon 3 times this season and It really only worked 1 time. In my opinion the VR is not practical. Horrible load times and half of the units didn't work by the end of the season. Maybe Eagle would be the best coaster for VR if they designate one of the sides to VR only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 29th, 2017, 9:10 pm
Should the topic be renamed New Ride(s) for 2018? 1,601st post yay! Lol
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum