Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on August 6th, 2016, 9:53 pm
Where are you guys hearing these "rumors" from? These flat ride rumors just seem made up.
They also just had a major rehab on Orbit so I don't see it going anywhere.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 6th, 2016, 9:54 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:Where are you guys hearing these "rumors" from? These flat ride rumors just seem made up.
They also just had a major rehab on Orbit so I don't see it going anywhere.

It's been announced by the ride ops at the park tonight. Look up JiggidyNDG on Facebook or SFGAm Evaluation Squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WolfRaging95

Postby RollingCoasting on August 6th, 2016, 9:57 pm
NOOOOO

Please tell me it'll last until tomorrow.

If it closes tonight, this is so unfair. SFGAm told us nothing
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 6th, 2016, 10:05 pm
I'd only approve if it was being replaced with a Zamperla Endeavour.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby ilrider on August 6th, 2016, 10:10 pm
I am surprised the park would not announce this more widely, a "get your last rides on Orbit" announcement, if it is really going away for good. Even though it is just a flat ride, it is one of the park's original rides and holds sentimental value to some.
ilrider

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on August 6th, 2016, 10:30 pm
According to jiggidyndg, according to the operator, tonight is now the last night for Orbit. Really doubting any of this is true because majority of the ride operators have no clue about the rides and what is going on. None of them even knew about the VR announcement.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby anewman35 on August 6th, 2016, 10:46 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:According to jiggidyndg, according to the operator, tonight is now the last night for Orbit. Really doubting any of this is true because majority of the ride operators have no clue about the rides and what is going on. None of them even knew about the VR announcement.

Maybe. But it seems plausible to me that the ride operator was told "today's the last day of Orbit, you're on a different ride tomorrow" and he asks why and he's told because it's being removed. It seems like it's more likely an operator is going to know when their ride is closing than the usual rumor stuff...
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on August 6th, 2016, 10:56 pm
This type of managing at a theme park really irks me. I would have LOVED to get my final rides in on Orbit and at least try Jester's and East River Crawler once. Even SFFT announced their flat was being removed before they closed it (last year).

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 6th, 2016, 11:13 pm
^ This is why I think tomorrow will be it's last day, if it is closing.

1. JiggidyNDG originally said the rides would close AFTER the weekend. It's still the weekend.

2. Ragin Cajun had a days notice (More like an hour) at least (Besides SFA's announcement)

3. That sucks that you never rode ERC or Jester's. If rumors are correct, ERC will be moved to Orbit's spot.
If I were you, I would try and make it to the park tomorrow for the Jester's Cred and to ride Orbit one last time. (Assuming they're closing tomorrow, or at all, for that matter.)
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 6th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Well, at least the ERC is staying because it's probably one of my favorite flats at the park.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 6th, 2016, 11:33 pm
Sorry to double post, but why would Six Flags move ERC to a spot almost in front of it? Orbit and East River Crawler are almost as deep into the park as eachother.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Jeffrey Smith on August 7th, 2016, 12:26 am
anewman35 wrote:So I just saw a rumor (that expands a rumor above) that Orbit, Jester's Wild Ride and East River Crawler will all close after tomorrow, and Orbit will be removed, Jester may be removed, and East River Crawler will relocate where Orbit was. If all that happens, and you combine it with the Ragin' Cajun spot, that opens up a decent sized piece of land (especially if you include some of the Batman queue). So, what would require that space?

If they take out loggers run and Yankee Clipper they would have a huge space available for a large coaster either this year or in the future. They could use the spot were ragin cagin was for the station and the spot were LR and YC is for the actual ride. Then they could use the spots where Jesters Wild Ride and East River Crawler are to add in themed shops/games/etc for the new coaster. here's a photo. The red is the stuff that would be removed.
six flags.jpg
Jeffrey Smith

Postby JaminOut on August 7th, 2016, 1:33 am
I'm just hoping this is Great American coming off of peak season and starting seasonal maintenance early. They didn't open King Chaos, Fiddler, or Triple Play until June. Now they are closing ERC, Orbit, and Jester in August. Both closure periods are about 2.5 months from the offseason.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 2:18 am
It wouldn't make any sense. Fix the ride up so it can close for the season 1 week later?

Unless this has something to do with Fright Fest, it's likely that if these rides close tomorrow, it'll be for good. (Even though ERC will most likely relocate to Orbit's space like said before.)
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on August 7th, 2016, 9:05 am
Jeffrey Smith wrote:
anewman35 wrote:So I just saw a rumor (that expands a rumor above) that Orbit, Jester's Wild Ride and East River Crawler will all close after tomorrow, and Orbit will be removed, Jester may be removed, and East River Crawler will relocate where Orbit was. If all that happens, and you combine it with the Ragin' Cajun spot, that opens up a decent sized piece of land (especially if you include some of the Batman queue). So, what would require that space?

If they take out loggers run and Yankee Clipper they would have a huge space available for a large coaster either this year or in the future. They could use the spot were ragin cagin was for the station and the spot were LR and YC is for the actual ride. Then they could use the spots where Jesters Wild Ride and East River Crawler are to add in themed shops/games/etc for the new coaster. here's a photo. The red is the stuff that would be removed.
six flags.jpg

I've heard different. I'm hearing Yankee, Logger's, and Rapids are all closing at their normal times. If the space of this new attraction needs Jesters and Crawler, those can come down rather quickly. This is what makes me doubt any of those water rides are involved, they will take much more time to remove.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby anewman35 on August 7th, 2016, 10:29 am
This will probably all make more sense once we actually know what they're doing, but it makes no sense to have to close all those rides right now. It's one thing if they need the space over by RC early, but why close Orbit now also unless it's just a staffing thing? And if it really is going away forever at the end of the season, is staffing really a good reason to close it early (answer: no). Hmm.
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 7th, 2016, 11:10 am
JiggidyNDG has updated that the Orbit is open today.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 12:17 pm
I'm starting to doubt this is any truth to this rumor at all. Why would the park close flat rides down in early August to remove them? It makes absolutely no sense at all.
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 7th, 2016, 12:29 pm
I'm still going today regardless if it's closing or not.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby anewman35 on August 7th, 2016, 12:30 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I'm starting to doubt this is any truth to this rumor at all. Why would the park close flat rides down in early August to remove them? It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Sure, but why would the park never start new rides or maintenance in time to get stuff open for opening day? They do plenty of things that don't really make any sense.
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 12:43 pm
^ I think the reason Six Flags parks never have any new rides ready for opening day is so people who come earlier in the season (Before the new ride opens) come back.
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on August 7th, 2016, 1:04 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:^ I think the reason Six Flags parks never have any new rides ready for opening day is so people who come earlier in the season (Before the new ride opens) come back.

You're right, it makes sense in that way, but so does closing flat rides for the season early. Nobody is going to not come to the park because of Orbit not being open, and they'll save money on staffing and maintainance. It's shitty customer service, of course, but they never seem to care about that.
anewman35

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 1:17 pm
Well that really sucks. I'll be at the park within an hour, so I plan on riding Orbit one last time (Unless this whole thing was a hoax) along with Jester's Wild Ride and East River Crawler.
RollingCoasting

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 7th, 2016, 2:38 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Well that really sucks. I'll be at the park within an hour, so I plan on riding Orbit one last time (Unless this whole thing was a hoax) along with Jester's Wild Ride and East River Crawler.

Orbit is open today. However, it is being announced that today is the last day.
WolfRaging95

Postby RollingCoasting on August 7th, 2016, 2:55 pm
I had to leave the park because the lot was almost completely full. Great. If this happens, thanks Six Flags for closing one of your classic, 40 year old rides with no notice whatsoever and doing it on the last day of Read to F*cking Succeed. :| :cry: :cry: :cry:

rsz_imag1260.jpg

Parking lot. It was literally near full to the back corners, and near the actual entrance to the parking lot.
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum