Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 8th, 2016, 12:24 am
I won't mind a super loop as long as they don't call it a coaster. With all the super loops going in people look at them differently. I've fallen for that, I drive past one the other day and they are a lot bigger than I remembered. And when I rode one in 2011 or 2012 I remember having a good time.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby anewman35 on July 8th, 2016, 6:38 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I won't mind a super loop as long as they don't call it a coaster.

As I ask every time somebody says this, what does it matter? The ride is the same. Who cares if they list it as a coaster on a map or in a press release? It's not like there's some strict rule of a coaster every other year or whatever and this would be taking a place of a real coaster. What's the difference?
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 8th, 2016, 7:10 pm
anewman35 wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I won't mind a super loop as long as they don't call it a coaster.

As I ask every time somebody says this, what does it matter? The ride is the same. Who cares if they list it as a coaster on a map or in a press release? It's not like there's some strict rule of a coaster every other year or whatever and this would be taking a place of a real coaster. What's the difference?

Because if they call it a coaster, I'm afraid they won't possibly add a coaster in 2018
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on July 8th, 2016, 7:15 pm
Six Flags America got Ragin Cajun in 2014 and Bourbon Street Fireball in 2015. Sure, it was a relocated Zamperla Wild Mouse, but it's still a coaster.
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on July 8th, 2016, 8:36 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

Because if they call it a coaster, I'm afraid they won't possibly add a coaster in 2018

If they add a Super Loop in 2017 and then don't add a coaster in 2018, it's because they didn't want to add a coaster in 2018, it doesn't matter what they call it. They're not sitting there thinking that they totally WOULD have added a Giga Coaster in 2019, but they can't because they added a "coaster" in 2018.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on July 8th, 2016, 8:43 pm
Also, Great Adventure added "El Diablo" in 2015 (and they do call it a coaster on their page) and "The Joker" in 2016. So any worry that Six Flags has some sort of chainwide policy of not following a "Coaster" Super Loop with a real coaster should go away...
anewman35

Postby stergmi on July 9th, 2016, 6:46 am
Rumors are STL is getting a new coaster next year and they got a Super Loop this year
stergmi

Postby Coaster Justin on July 9th, 2016, 7:45 am
stergmi wrote:Rumors are STL is getting a new coaster next year and they got a Super Loop this year

Discovery Kingdom also got a Super Loop last year and a RMC This year.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 11th, 2016, 12:31 am
anewman35 wrote: As I ask every time somebody says this, what does it matter? The ride is the same. Who cares if they list it as a coaster on a map or in a press release? It's not like there's some strict rule of a coaster every other year or whatever and this would be taking a place of a real coaster. What's the difference?

It's just personally annoying and irritating. It's nothing with a coaster every other year or anything. From the park's pov it makes them more money to advertise it as a coaster and I get that but it just simply isn't one. I mean if a super loop will be SFMM's 20th "coaster" then that's just abuse. If it had to exist at all it should only be with smaller parks but I think SFGAm is better than that.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby HuskieJohn on July 12th, 2016, 10:59 am
stergmi wrote:Rumors are STL is getting a new coaster next year and they got a Super Loop this year

My family was just at STL last week using our season passes and man do they need a few more rides on top of ride updates. Also the newer Boomerang coaster was not running all day.

Also the VR was NOT being used on the Ninja.

Though I was thrilled that they got to experience the Tidal Wave 3 times!
HuskieJohn

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on July 12th, 2016, 12:05 pm
HuskieJohn wrote:Also the newer Boomerang coaster was not running all day.

That is because of the derailment accident it had a few months ago.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby JaminOut on July 14th, 2016, 2:14 pm
I got a notification for Twitter saying:

Six Flags Great America posted to Twitter: We'll just leave this here: sixflags.com/greatamerica/n...

I never saw the rest, and the pat was deleted less than three minutes later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby DeathbyDinn on July 14th, 2016, 11:40 pm
^ It was a link to their Pokemon Go guide for the park.
DeathbyDinn

Postby maxwellt on July 15th, 2016, 8:39 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:
anewman35 wrote: As I ask every time somebody says this, what does it matter? The ride is the same. Who cares if they list it as a coaster on a map or in a press release? It's not like there's some strict rule of a coaster every other year or whatever and this would be taking a place of a real coaster. What's the difference?

It's just personally annoying and irritating. It's nothing with a coaster every other year or anything. From the park's pov it makes them more money to advertise it as a coaster and I get that but it just simply isn't one. I mean if a super loop will be SFMM's 20th "coaster" then that's just abuse. If it had to exist at all it should only be with smaller parks but I think SFGAm is better than that.

I couldn't have agreed with you more! I really like these Larson loops, they're thrilling and don't take up too much land, but its hella annoying when they say "aye new coaster who dis" when its not... For smaller parks like SFA and stl, its great for em. But bigger parks like great america is "too good for it" and deserve something more. But if they get one, I won't be 100% pissed off, I'll only be pissed if its a "coaster"

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby anewman35 on July 15th, 2016, 9:00 pm
maxwellt wrote:I couldn't have agreed with you more! I really like these Larson loops, they're thrilling and don't take up too much land, but its hella annoying when they say "aye new coaster who dis" when its not... For smaller parks like SFA and stl, its great for em. But bigger parks like great america is "too good for it" and deserve something more. But if they get one, I won't be 100% pissed off, I'll only be pissed if its a "coaster"

People. There's no park that's "bigger" and more respectable and known for doing things "right" than Cedar Point, right? Cedar Point considers Pipe Scream to be a Roller Coaster. If they can do it, I don't see the shame in us doing it.

And the thing is, Six Flags doesn't even break out "Roller Coasters" as a separate category on their website. Basically the only place it would even be called a roller coaster would be on a few press releases. People who are going to get upset about such things really should think about the relative importance of things that don't actually affect you at all.
anewman35

Postby Jodon on July 15th, 2016, 9:13 pm
I personally don't care what SF calls Super Loops...I just hope we don't get one. It's a terrible capacity flat ride and has a cheap feeling ride experience with the restraints being opened by a manually connected air hose and the manually controlled joy stick moving the train.

I think the park could use another inverting flat ride, I just hope it's a Zamperla Hawk or something like that. It has 48 riders and does the same thing as a super loop. I also hope the park will replace Revolution with a Giant Discovery or Giant Frisbee.
Jodon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 16th, 2016, 12:12 am
Jodon wrote:I think the park could use another inverting flat ride,

Like a Super Loop? :P

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby maxwellt on July 16th, 2016, 6:27 am
Jodon wrote:I personally don't care what SF calls Super Loops...I just hope we don't get one. It's a terrible capacity flat ride and has a cheap feeling ride experience with the restraints being opened by a manually connected air hose and the manually controlled joy stick moving the train.

I think the park could use another inverting flat ride, I just hope it's a Zamperla Hawk or something like that. It has 48 riders and does the same thing as a super loop. I also hope the park will replace Revolution with a Giant Discovery or Giant Frisbee.

I definetly want to see a giant discovery come! I mapped it out and put it by the dark knight coaster. Sad thing is that half of the queue for dark knight would leave
maxwellt

Postby JaminOut on July 16th, 2016, 11:47 am
^Fits perfectly into RC's spot.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby maxwellt on July 16th, 2016, 3:07 pm
JaminOut wrote:^Fits perfectly into RC's spot.

Yeah that works too

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 16th, 2016, 7:32 pm
So the park's now showing Looney Tunes Trivia on the TV's.

Bugs Bunny Boomtown?

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on July 16th, 2016, 10:03 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:So the park's now showing Looney Tunes Trivia on the TV's.

Bugs Bunny Boomtown?

They are also showing Batman trivia on the TV's

Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC Superfriends Land?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 16th, 2016, 10:07 pm
^They've been showing D.C. trivia since last year. Looney Tunes is new

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby X-Flight2012 on July 17th, 2016, 12:47 pm
What I would like to see next year would be three flat rides. What I am dreaming of is...

1. Larson Super Loop on Ragin' Cajun spot called Bourbon Street Fireball

2. Larson Flying Scooters on Go Kart area by Mooseburger Lodge called Yukon Flyers

3. Larson Tilt-A-Whirl by the Metropolis switchbacks called Harley Quinn Spinsanity

Many people want a Zamperla Giant Discovery but the fact of the matter is that Six Flags Over Texas did not have a frisbee ride. We already have one and it is a waste of money to remove a ride that still gets long wait times for a bigger version just because coaster enthusiasts want one.
X-Flight2012

Postby Viper 88 on July 17th, 2016, 1:23 pm
I honestly don't think that we need a super loop. And Flying Scooters have terrible capacity 24 a cycle if 2 people are riding 12 if they are not even Ricochet can do better than that and it is the lowest capacity. Make that Tilt-A-Whirl a Waltzer and I can get on board. It just looks spectacular at night and its undercover so thats nice. It is basically the same ride just with those 2 differences. Youtube it!
Viper 88

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum