Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RollingCoasting on September 14th, 2016, 3:05 pm
Six Flags building RMCs is cheap? I can't..

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby bbd on September 14th, 2016, 3:15 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Six Flags building RMCs is cheap? I can't..

7M for Twisted Colossus and 10M New Texas Giant are releases numbers. That's cheap compared to building a coaster ground up.
bbd

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 14th, 2016, 3:19 pm
I'm going to go out on a limb and try to guess what bbd stands for:

Is it Better Business Decisions?

As in running a theme park?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on September 14th, 2016, 3:27 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on September 14th, 2016, 3:29 pm
Who cares if RMCs are cheaper? It's not like it affects the quality of the ride. I'd take one over a Dive Coaster any day. Plus it's not like anyone goes "SFMM's coaster cost less than CP's, so it must not be as good." I've never heard any enthusiast say they like dive coasters more than RMCs, either

RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on September 14th, 2016, 3:31 pm
Thank you Staticshadows for the definitive proof that bbd is schoup, even though it was obvious. BTW schoup, X Flight was about $15 million and Goliath $16 million. And Valravn is also reportedly $15 million, which is a massive waste. I say thank God they never added a dive coaster to Great America, I'll take true innovation instead.
Last edited by Wisco Woody on September 14th, 2016, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wisco Woody

Postby bbd on September 14th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Guy With A Stick, your hours of work are invaluable. Definitely a great idea to focus on the parks that are not top 4 in their respective chains. bbd claims RMC conversions are not actually new coasters, which is stupid, as with the possible exception of Texas Giant, every RMC conversion has literally removed an old coaster and replaced it with a new coaster that has an entirely different layout and has inversions.

Without RMC, Six Flags would be doing absolutely awful and would likely have only built one high thrill coaster per year if that. But with RMC coasters and RMCs manufacturing the 4Ds, Six Flags has certainly made Discover Kingdom more exciting for guests to return to than CGA for example. If you only want to ride Giga and dive coasters, I suggest you donate $100 million to Six Flags for that express purpose.

Admittedly Great America needs a high speed coaster, but I can guarantee you almost every enthusiast, which is the only group bbd seems to care about, doesn't view lame ass Raging Bull as the main reason to visit our park, but rather our nearly unmatched collection of soon to be 5 thrilling alternate position coasters and our 3 great wooden coasters, one of which is ranked the 8th best coaster overall in the US by Coasterbuzz members.

5 thrilling alternative position, not true. The 4D is not a thrilling coaster, it's a family coaster. Go to S&S website, markets it as a family coaster, not in the thrill section. Let's not forget Batman is 25 years old as well as Raging Bull, Superman is done as a thrill after the 1 loop and there are a lot of better flying coasters out there. If Superman single rider line is at the bottom of the stairs I don't bother. But like most here, you probably haven't sampled other parks and that's what SF is basing their cheap coaster strateyu on. people that are satisfied with a family coaster like a 4D and a video game ride Justice League b/c they don't ever go to other parks. Hardly unmatched collection. 3 great wooden? You mean 1(Goliath).
bbd

Postby bbd on September 14th, 2016, 3:37 pm
staticshadows wrote:
bbd wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:Six Flags building RMCs is cheap? I can't..

7M for Twisted Colossus and 10M New Texas Giant are releases numbers. That's cheap compared to building a coaster ground up.

We understood your point of view the first time you posted it and most of us don't agree with you. Repeatedly reposting variations of that opinion in response to everyone in the forum across multiple threads is getting annoying and will not change anyone else's opinion. Schoup/bbd, please go back to posting on TPR with the rest of the Cedar Fair fanboys and enjoy your trips to 8 parks next year.
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1740278#p1740278

LOL..People find facts thus it's the same person. These are common known facts, easily found facts, and discussed on many boards. Google is your friend.
bbd

Postby Wisco Woody on September 14th, 2016, 3:38 pm
This past summer alone, I've also been to Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Valleyfair, and Mt Olympus, and I've ridden every major coaster and thrill ride at each of those parks multiple times. I know my stuff when it comes to coasters and attractions.
Wisco Woody

Postby bbd on September 14th, 2016, 3:39 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Thank you Staticshadows for the definitive proof that bbd is schoup, even though it was obvious. BTW schoup, X Flight was about $15 million and Goliath $16 million. And Valravn is also reportedly $15 million, which is a massive waste. I say thank God they never added a dive coaster to Great America, I'll take true innovation instead.

Not schoup. But please site those sources on the costs. Oh wait, I bet you heard them form someone ..a la Donald Trump
bbd

Postby bbd on September 14th, 2016, 3:41 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:This past summer alone, I've also been to Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, Valleyfair, and Mt Olympus, and I've ridden every major coaster and thrill ride at each of those parks multiple times. I know my stuff when it comes to coasters and attractions.

If true. you know, but fail to admit that GAm doesn't hold a candle to any of the top 5 CF parks. It's not even close.
bbd

Postby RollingCoasting on September 14th, 2016, 3:42 pm
We've known you were schoup since your first post...

RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on September 14th, 2016, 3:45 pm
It's schoup/bbd versus us in the basket of deplorables.
Wisco Woody

Postby bbd on September 14th, 2016, 3:53 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:It's schoup/bbd versus us in the basket of deplorables.

I guess by your lack of response means you have no source for the cost.
Last edited by bbd on September 14th, 2016, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbd

Postby stergmi on September 14th, 2016, 3:58 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Who cares if RMCs are cheaper? It's not like it affects the quality of the ride. I'd take one over a Dive Coaster any day. Plus it's not like anyone goes "SFMM's coaster cost less than CP's, so it must not be as good." I've never heard any enthusiast say they like dive coasters more than RMCs, either

Of course they're going to be cheaper. The supports, foundation and superstructure remained in place. It's like complaing how cheap someone is for remodeling a home vs tearing it down and rebuilding from ground up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby bbd on September 14th, 2016, 4:08 pm
stergmi wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:Who cares if RMCs are cheaper? It's not like it affects the quality of the ride. I'd take one over a Dive Coaster any day. Plus it's not like anyone goes "SFMM's coaster cost less than CP's, so it must not be as good." I've never heard any enthusiast say they like dive coasters more than RMCs, either

Of course they're going to be cheaper. The supports, foundation and superstructure remained in place. It's like complaing how cheap someone is for remodeling a home vs tearing it down and rebuilding from ground up.

The problem is it's the only thing SF wants to do along with 4D family coasters . Even then, Am who need something badly, didn't get a RMC of Roar.
bbd

Postby RollingCoasting on September 14th, 2016, 4:11 pm
One thing I thought of is that Six Flags might be waiting until Hershey Park gets an RMC (Like the Wildcat Rumor) so their conversion of Roar (If that's what they'd get) could have more impressive stats
RollingCoasting

Postby bbd on September 14th, 2016, 4:18 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:One thing I thought of is that Six Flags might be waiting until Hershey Park gets an RMC (Like the Wildcat Rumor) so their conversion of Roar (If that's what they'd get) could have more impressive stats

They pretty much know what can and can't be done with a RMC of Roar b/c they did it at DK. They were clones before RMC made DK into The Joker.
bbd

Postby stergmi on September 14th, 2016, 4:21 pm
bbd wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:One thing I thought of is that Six Flags might be waiting until Hershey Park gets an RMC (Like the Wildcat Rumor) so their conversion of Roar (If that's what they'd get) could have more impressive stats

They pretty much know what can and can't be done with a RMC of Roar b/c they did it at DK. They were clones before RMC made DK into The Joker.

And maybe RMC didn't want to do two Roars in back to back years hoping that some projects in between could spark an inspiration.

stergmi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 14th, 2016, 8:25 pm
bbd wrote:
Wisco Woody wrote:Thank you Staticshadows for the definitive proof that bbd is schoup, even though it was obvious. BTW schoup, X Flight was about $15 million and Goliath $16 million. And Valravn is also reportedly $15 million, which is a massive waste. I say thank God they never added a dive coaster to Great America, I'll take true innovation instead.

Not schoup. But please site those sources on the costs. Oh wait, I bet you heard them form someone ..a la Donald Trump

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on September 14th, 2016, 9:08 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby FParker185 on September 14th, 2016, 10:34 pm
RMC does what they are asked and paid for, reason SF isnt getting one this year is because they are booked solid, besides the Free Spin coasters there are a number of un-announced projects
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Goku1910 on September 14th, 2016, 10:48 pm
bbd wrote:

Judging by your defensive response, you're clearly schoup. You didn't even question "Who's schoup?" You simply denied it as if you know who we're talking about. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 9:25 am
Goku1910 wrote:
bbd wrote:

Judging by your defensive response, you're clearly schoup. You didn't even question "Who's schoup?" You simply denied it as if you know who we're talking about. :lol:

Simple reason, this person has been mentioned before by the paranoid people on here. Read the threads. What is actually interesting is when people are challenged and have no response, their defense to be shown up is to claim someone is something else. A pure deflection from the fact they were asked to cite the source for info. All the people here follow the misdirection from the fact the person couldn't back up their claims.
bbd

Postby Mean Streaker on September 15th, 2016, 9:34 am
Let's see what Robb Alvey has to say about opinions.

[/quote]
Like Erik said, it's because people have opinions, and that's a good thing! No one's opinion is "wrong", although you might agree with someone, you at least should try to understand and respect their opinion.

For example, I could not imagine how someone could walk away from Balder and not call it their #1 overall coaster. For me it exceeds everything I look for in a ride. But others were just like "meh...whatever." And that's hard for me to understand, but I have to respect it.

Now keep in mind, this thread isn't about stating opinions on rides, it's about wondering why people have opinions. So please try to keep it on topic!

--Robb[/quote]

*Via RollerCoasting on the Robb Alvey forum.

So let schoup have his opinion, and schoup let everyone else have their opinions.

Maybe we should start a fight thread so these little spats don't happen in popular threads.
Mean Streaker

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum