Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 6:07 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:
bbd wrote:People are mainly people who never go to another park, thus have no perspective on theme parks

There are plenty of enthusiasts who don't go to other parks much (Myself included), and just because we don't get around much doesn't mean we have no viewpoint

You're not an enthusiast if you don't go to other parks much. You're a wannabee enthusiast.
bbd

Postby RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 6:17 pm
I'm willing to bet that you've never been to another park yourself (Unlike me, as I have been to other parks, just not often) so with you're logic, you're not an enthusiast either.. (Which is a self-proclaimed thing, so I am. You don't pick for me) but you're just upset because your so-called "Sources" were incorrect when you claimed there was no chance of a Free-Spin and the ride was a superloop

Get out of your mom's basement, and get a job. I would permanently ban your I.P. address in one second if I was a mod on here. Kind of sad that you changed yours after being banned
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 6:29 pm
#MakeSFGAmWorldGreatAgain

Sign a petition to remove schoup/bbd here:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ban- ... sfgamworld
RollingCoasting

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 6:46 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I'm willing to bet that you've never been to another park yourself (Unlike me, as I have been to other parks, just not often) so with you're logic, you're not an enthusiast either.. (Which is a self-proclaimed thing, so I am. You don't pick for me) but you're just upset because your so-called "Sources" were incorrect when you claimed there was no chance of a Free-Spin and the ride was a superloop

Get out of your mom's basement, and get a job. I would permanently ban your I.P. address in one second if I was a mod on here. Kind of sad that you changed yours after being banned

Please stop your crying b/c you self admitted you don't go to many parks and thus are by definition not an enthusiast. I have been to parks not only all over the US run by CF, SF, BGardens, and other corporate firms, but also the best independents like Hershey and the smaller independents.

You're just mad b/c your were shown for the fool that you are claiming to be an enthusiast and not going to many parks often. Btw, son, b/c I know you're a college student. Unlike you who can't afford to go many parks, again, self admitted in another thread by you. I retired before 40 with a 8 figure bank account utilizing my multiple STEM degrees. That money has grown several times over with investments. Now go back to class, as you said before, " you miss so much." I didn't make all that money by suffering the company of fools.
bbd

Postby RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 6:52 pm
I have been to 3 actual parks (Six Flags Great America, Donely's Wild West, and Kiddieland) and 2 "Parks" (Go Bananas - Norridge and Go Bananas - Arlington Heights). With the exception of the Arlington Heights Go Bananas (To my knowledge. I may have ridden it) I have gotten all the coaster credits at these parks, which is more than you. ( I also didn't ride a few removed SFGAm coasters, but all the current ones + Cajun, and technically the coaster at Donely's is a clone of Gulf Coaster, so...)

Also, don't you think it's a bit "Immature" to be spamming forums when you're 40+ years old.

I know many enthusiasts who have only been to their homeparks (With less coasters than Great America) so yeah. I don't even have the least amount of credits of other enthusiasts I've seen.
RollingCoasting

Postby great america fan on September 15th, 2016, 7:54 pm
bbd wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:bbd - if you're so enthralled with how great CP / CF are, then what are you doing on THIS forum??

I think that's a fair question.............

Unlike people here i have passes at CF ad SF. People are mainly people who never go to another park, thus have no perspective on theme parks. People on here justify SF uninspired decisions by stating the homer, who never goes anywhere is what SF cares about. That's why SF clones low end and inspired rides. That's why with 3.5M more visitors they have the same revenue.

I've been to cedar point, elitch gardens, kiddie land,all Disney world parks, adventure land "pre monster", Santa's village and don't evan ask me about my souvenir collection. I am also exited for a free spin so I guess that makes me a wanna be enthusiast
great america fan

Postby Skankhunt42 on September 15th, 2016, 8:07 pm
^Agreed, I am more excited for The Joker than I was for Justice League. Can't wait to review the ride next year!
Skankhunt42

Postby jmanporty7 on September 15th, 2016, 8:09 pm
Skankhunt42, i don't think I've ever seen you on here before. You new? Or haven't been on here in a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 15th, 2016, 8:10 pm
>Posts: 1
>Joined Sep 15, 2016

Yeah, he's just lurked for quite a while. :p

Welcome btw.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby jmanporty7 on September 15th, 2016, 8:11 pm
Oh, I guessed I could've checked his profile...lol :p

jmanporty7

Postby Wisco Woody on September 15th, 2016, 8:15 pm
Watch out for bbd, he hasn't been banned yet. He's probably clutching his pearls so hard right now since he knows he's about to be banned.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 8:22 pm
^ lmao

Read some of his posts Shank. Then sign this please :D http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ban- ... sfgamworld
RollingCoasting

Postby Skankhunt42 on September 15th, 2016, 8:24 pm
Good to know, last time I checked the dictionary.
en·thu·si·ast
/inˈTH(y)o͞ozēˌast,enˈTH(y)o͞ozēˌast/
noun
noun: enthusiast; plural noun: enthusiasts
a person who is highly interested in a particular activity or subject.
"a sports car enthusiast"
Skankhunt42

Postby WolfsterJ on September 15th, 2016, 8:37 pm
Welcome to the forum, Skankhunt42, and nice season 20 south park reference.

I hope a mod steps in again, bbd/schoup is getting back to his old self. The only thing that he hasn't done yet is call us "butt buddies".

AND BBD YOU JUST GOT DICTIONARY BOMBED! OHHHHHHHH
WolfsterJ

Postby jmanporty7 on September 15th, 2016, 8:58 pm
Sometimes people really need a big thick dictionary.

jmanporty7

Postby stergmi on September 15th, 2016, 9:21 pm
bbd wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:I'm willing to bet that you've never been to another park yourself (Unlike me, as I have been to other parks, just not often) so with you're logic, you're not an enthusiast either.. (Which is a self-proclaimed thing, so I am. You don't pick for me) but you're just upset because your so-called "Sources" were incorrect when you claimed there was no chance of a Free-Spin and the ride was a superloop

Please stop your crying b/c you self admitted you don't go to many parks and thus are by definition not an enthusiast. I have been to parks not only all over the US run by CF, SF, BGardens, and other corporate firms, but also the best independents like Hershey and the smaller independents.

You're just mad b/c your were shown for the fool that you are claiming to be an enthusiast and not going to many parks often. Btw, son, b/c I know you're a college student. Unlike you who can't afford to go many parks, again, self admitted in another thread by you. I retired before 40 with a 8 figure bank account utilizing my multiple STEM degrees. That money has grown several times over with investments. Now go back to class, as you said before, " you miss so much." I didn't make all that money by suffering the company of fools.

You know what, this is getting tiresome. This is a Great America board. If you want to talk SF vs CF operations or whatever, there's a general board to go to. Start a topic there.

This is a New for 2017 thread (aka The Joker), talking about what parks you do to and what makes you an enthusiast or not doesn't belong here. It belongs in the general board.

Oh and by the way, STEM ends at 8th grade and only opened in 2011.

You claim to be retired, under 40 and with $10M+ in the bank and choose to live out your life going on an internet message board arguing with people? That's quite frankly the saddest thing I've ever heard.
stergmi

Postby stergmi on September 15th, 2016, 9:56 pm
Also, how are you so smart yet you can't even use proper sentence structure?
stergmi

Postby gottastrata33 on September 16th, 2016, 1:41 am
Standing 120ft tall, the Joker is a 4D free spin model coaster by S&S that SixFlags calls a 4D free fly. This coaster upsets many & pleases a few. It is new for 2017 at Six Flags Great America.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on September 16th, 2016, 1:57 am
If Joker ever gets removed it'd be hilarious if it's gravestone read: "Jokes Over" :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on November 28th, 2016, 7:07 pm
Continuing the 2018 speculation here

I think we will be receiving a water coaster to replace Bahama Mama and Bubba Tuba and the sand plot.

Possible name: Bonzai Splashdown

coollogo_com-7478519.png

Here is an ESTIMATE of what could be accomplished in that space layout-wise. Please don't give me a snarky remark about how I "Don't realize how small that space is". I'm not saying they could for sure fit all of these elements, but if done correctly they construct a pretty sweet (and compact) water coaster:

Rapids.png

Black - Station
Green - Saucer Turns
Yellow - Blast-Ups
Red - Splashdown

Thoughts?
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on November 28th, 2016, 11:03 pm
How about have it go around Bahama Mama/Bubba Tubba? Also make the splashes over the lazy river to get you more wet.

I'm more about increasing capacity than replacing capacity. Although I'd be fine with it replacing the Wipeout slide
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on November 28th, 2016, 11:21 pm
That MIGHT work. There really isn't that much space to work with around Bahama Mama and Bubba Tuba. Demolishing the seating are around the bathrooms would do little, and taking away the large one on the other side would be too much. Also, there appears to be an employee area between the service road and Castaway Creek, so building the coaster on that site would be out of the question. Perhaps there's more space around Pictorium
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on November 29th, 2016, 12:08 am
I still think they should go around/above/through Viper and start the station where Aruba Tuba Tube Rentals is. Enclose the area that goes above a service road.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 11th, 2016, 3:28 am
...or you just don't touch Bahama Mama/Bubba Tubba...

This shows Deluge @ Kentucky Kingdom in the space currently used by the sand area and a path that isn't really used. Both ends are elevated, so guests can still access the lazy river without needing any pathwork(the support beam is in a little grassy area), and that building on the other side can still be used.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on December 25th, 2016, 2:55 pm
My issue with this, is that it'd be a bit odd for Six Flags to go with a Rocketslide model when Fiesta Texas just got a Rocketblast, as both concepts have very different elements. Not to mention Deluge was constructed in 2007, whereas Rocketblasts are fairly new.
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum