Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Random Park Questions

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby onyxhotel08 on June 9th, 2016, 8:55 am
Did not know where would be the best place to put this so I thought I would just put it here.

Are the water rides (Roaring Rapids) drained daily? How long does it take to fill them up?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 9th, 2016, 10:27 am
^I think Rapids and BB stay stagnant, and jets are turned on in the morning. The flumes drain and refill almost instantaneously with the way the jets work. If the jets stop, the flume drains almost immediately.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Johnska on June 9th, 2016, 5:25 pm
I need to google this. It sounds WAY too cool. Woah. Here's the links to the videos I watched. They aren't the best, but whatever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jtBqWPxG9Y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekvxBeo57m4 And finally, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kEfaIX2R9s
Johnska

Postby Re-Check 9 on June 9th, 2016, 8:28 pm
What's the deal with SF Outfitters? I've only seen it open once ever, and I've been going to the park regularly since 2009.
Re-Check 9

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 9th, 2016, 8:34 pm
^It's the Kidzopolis Kafe of clothing stores. They probably open it on peak days.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Viper 88 on June 10th, 2016, 10:40 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^I think Rapids and BB stay stagnant, and jets are turned on in the morning. The flumes drain and refill almost instantaneously with the way the jets work. If the jets stop, the flume drains almost immediately.

I think it depends entirely on the park and the ride manufacturer. I heard through a documentary that Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges drain the lagoon at IOA by 2 inches everytime its turned on, I am then guessing that water then goes back to the lagoon.
Viper 88

Postby RollingCoasting on June 11th, 2016, 8:22 pm
Re-Check 9 wrote:What's the deal with SF Outfitters? I've only seen it open once ever, and I've been going to the park regularly since 2009.

It's not on the map anymore either.
RollingCoasting

Postby Viper 88 on June 12th, 2016, 8:37 am
RollingCoasting wrote:
Re-Check 9 wrote:What's the deal with SF Outfitters? I've only seen it open once ever, and I've been going to the park regularly since 2009.

It's not on the map anymore either.

Then I think its SBNO and will eventually be made into something else.
Viper 88

Postby Carlo on June 12th, 2016, 11:34 pm
A few weeks ago when I went by that store I notice that inside there is a table setup with chairs. So it looks likely it is now a makeshift conference room. I also notice that most of the merchandise is setup with Justice League stuff though so I suspect that it will be open when it is very busy. Last year I remember it being open during the busy times.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby great america fan on June 13th, 2016, 7:46 am
Here a picture of the inside I took
great america fan

Postby Viper 88 on June 13th, 2016, 8:44 am
No if it was going to be open during the busier times then why would there be a conference table in the middle of the room? Also if it was going to be open during the busier times then why wouldn't the place be filled with merchandise. It would just make more sense if it was ready to go. I think for this year it might be a makeshift conference room and maybe some additional storage.
Viper 88

Postby CoasterCale on June 14th, 2016, 8:00 am
From what I've noticed, the park only opens this store during Fright Fest.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 14th, 2016, 8:03 pm
My random question is what happens when you ride a coaster with an on ride photo with a loose article? I saw a funny video of a guy riding with his "Coaster Riding banana", but I don't want to try it if I'll get yelled at at the ride photo booth. I'm sure I'm overthinking it though.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on June 14th, 2016, 8:36 pm
If the picture caught the item in your hands or something, and the employees saw the picture (Unless you had permission) you'd probably be removed from the park or worse for breaking the rules. Didn't someone get in trouble for flipping off the camera on Goliath?
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 14th, 2016, 8:42 pm
Yes, I was there. The picture was deleted, and I think they were ejected.

However, way back when SSR had it's camera, me and my brother tried to film a POV with an iPod(so bad ik), and only got grounded by our parents. Maybe it was because we were kids, but the employee did nothing.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby ConorTully on June 14th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Ive had my phone outstreched in front of my face almost as if i was trying to show the camera multiple times, never been told anything or warned.
@silkymitts_ on Instagram

"Sir, please put your phone away."
ConorTully

Postby Tardis1972 on June 14th, 2016, 9:06 pm
I remember last year someone got yelled at for flipping off the DKC camera but they weren't ejected from the park. I know this because he was my friend. I think it depends on the worker working at the photo booth. I remember another time last year at the RB photo booth the workers there were encouraging everyone to buy their photo including the ones who flipped off the camera.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterCale on June 21st, 2016, 8:31 am
It varies from employee to employee. I've gotten photos where I'm not doing anything wrong, but others around me are filming, or flipping off the camera.

CoasterCale

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 17th, 2016, 9:02 pm
Home park is SFGAm and I have a photo pass. I used my photo pass at SFNE today but my pictures aren't on there. Is this because it's not SFGAm or does it take a little more time or what's the sitch?
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby MollysMomma on July 29th, 2016, 11:51 am
Random park questions seemed like a good place to post.

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of having some of the coasters not open until 11:00? I'm sorry if this has been discussed previously. I guess I can kind of understand Eagle, as it's in the back of the park, but why Whizzer? Is it a matter of trying to save a little on staffing?

Kind of the same question on Scenic Railway. It's a popular attraction for families, why the limited operation of 2:00-8:00?
MollysMomma

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 29th, 2016, 12:28 pm
I guess they do those to the maintenance-heavy rides, and do that to save resources?

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby sfgam1976 on August 20th, 2016, 9:04 pm
MollysMomma wrote:Random park questions seemed like a good place to post.

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of having some of the coasters not open until 11:00? I'm sorry if this has been discussed previously. I guess I can kind of understand Eagle, as it's in the back of the park, but why Whizzer? Is it a matter of trying to save a little on staffing?

Kind of the same question on Scenic Railway. It's a popular attraction for families, why the limited operation of 2:00-8:00?

$$
sfgam1976

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 22nd, 2016, 11:31 am
I was on the Whizzer last year and some teen girl pulls out her phone to start complaining about something that happened in line. I told her that she shouldn't have the phone open during the ride because it's dangerous.

I told the ride ops but it was closing time so they didn't do anything. THe girl had been a real PITA towards them and I think they just wanted her out of their hair.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterCale on September 16th, 2016, 8:29 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Home park is SFGAm and I have a photo pass. I used my photo pass at SFNE today but my pictures aren't on there. Is this because it's not SFGAm or does it take a little more time or what's the sitch?

I've had no problem with this. I've used my pass at SFStL, and SFOG this year. So it might be an employee error.

CoasterCale

Postby great america fan on October 13th, 2016, 9:20 pm
I searched Marriott great America 1976 on Google (I was trying to find an opening day trip report I found a couple years back) and found this Image in the back round you'll notice a simulator ride. does anyone know any additional information on it and if there where any other attractions in A.E queue
great america fan

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum