Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Best time and way to get into the park?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby stergmi on June 2nd, 2016, 5:42 am
So I have both a Discover Card and a Gold Pass and I always seem to screw up getting into the park at opening. When do they start letting people into the park itself? And is the Gold Pass line better than the Discover? Discover seems to be shorter.

And does anyone know if I'm able to get back to Justice League and queue up before 1030?
stergmi

Postby Viper 88 on June 2nd, 2016, 12:18 pm
Well I actually have a few secrets, but am not going to tell them...afterall they are secrets and if I divulged them then everyone would be doing it. That being said I am going to be trying something a little different and hopefully it will work. I will say this for getting in earlier is better as well as bagless if possible. But thats it.
Viper 88

Postby stergmi on June 2nd, 2016, 1:26 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Well I actually have a few secrets, but am not going to tell them...afterall they are secrets and if I divulged them then everyone would be doing it. That being said I am going to be trying something a little different and hopefully it will work. I will say this for getting in earlier is better as well as bagless if possible. But thats it.

It took me 40 minutes to go bagless through the Gold Pass entrance after lining up at 10am this morning. I'll take any help bro. My DMs are open ;-)
stergmi

Postby CoasterCale on June 2nd, 2016, 1:46 pm
If there are ten or more in the Gold Pass line, don't use it. Ultimately you enter the gates earlier than the rest but not the park. Discover has two scanners for passes, so it goes faster in the morning.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Jodon on June 2nd, 2016, 5:42 pm
I don't use the gold pass entrance any more. It has zero benefit as all lines are allowed to go through the metal detectors and enter the park at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jodon

Postby stergmi on June 2nd, 2016, 5:44 pm
CoasterCale wrote:If there are ten or more in the Gold Pass line, don't use it. Ultimately you enter the gates earlier than the rest but not the park. Discover has two scanners for passes, so it goes faster in the morning.

I was always under the impression that gold pass opened up before all other lines so we would be the first in the park since that line is marked as early entry

I know Discover line opens up 10 minutes early.

Just so frustrating
stergmi

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum