Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

How to get in the park cheap

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby kcabmi on May 31st, 2016, 9:29 pm
Okay im finally going to get to make it to the park soon, and i want to get in as cheap as possible.

I'm only going to the park one time this year so no season pass.

The website says $48.99. Is there any easy to get coupons this year like the coke can deal?

Or should i just pay the 48.99 price? Thanks
kcabmi

Postby anewman35 on May 31st, 2016, 9:36 pm
I haven't seen a Coke can deal yet this year, but they have them every year, so there's probably one out there.

Here's a list from last year of various discounts. It's not going to be an identical list this year of course, but it's a good list of places to check: http://www.gurneehasitall.com/2015/06/1 ... d-coupons/
anewman35

Postby cliffhanger on June 1st, 2016, 11:14 am
I always buy my tickets or season pass at Consumers Credit Union. There's one like a block or two from the front entrance on the corner of Grand Ave. and Riverside Dr.
Day Tickets are 43.00 and passes are 75.00
I'm pretty sure the prices include tax, but im not 100%
cliffhanger

Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on June 1st, 2016, 1:39 pm
Do you know anyone with a season pass? They might be able to get you a more discounted ticket. Also, this week and next week there are bring a friend for free days.
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby Re-Check 9 on June 1st, 2016, 6:34 pm
ACE members get a free ticket you can use any day til July 24. An ACE membership starts at $35 for one year.
Re-Check 9

Postby Viper 88 on June 2nd, 2016, 12:39 pm
I know the importance of being on a budget so here are a few helpful hints.
1 check online for the day you want to go buying a few days in advance is cheaper. Just be aware there may or may not be an 8.99 processing fee and 3% tax. There is no tax on parking if you decide to buy online.
2 If that's not possible try using the coke can.
3 Going to Jewel might actually be better because a you will not have to wait in that horrendous line at the park and you can just breeze into metal detection.

That being said maximize your time at the park by:
1 Eating in the park. I now it is a little expensive but the cost makes up for the time you would spend getting to the front of the park, to your car, setting up chairs cooler etc, eating, cleaning up, making it through metal detection again and going to whatever area you wanted. Strutters chicken club sandwhich with waffle fries was very good (12.99) Also the most bang for your buck would have to be Johnny Rocket's Double Rocket double burger fries and onion rings.

2 Call the park and ask what times you can get lunch, dinner, and snacks on the dining pass and eat before or after tose times you may not think it's a big deal but it really is.

3 I am not a big fan of it because it adds to the lines but get a Flash Pass you will really save yourself time.

4 Skip the waterpark, the extras you have to bring just do not justify the extra time getting there and finding a spot and getting a locker.

5. A refillable glass is your best bet for drinks it is refillable all day (pink) or all season (blue) it makes for uick drinks at a coke freestyle machine just pour and go no questions asked.
You should have a pretty good time even if it is your only trip. Just follow these instructions.
Viper 88

Postby Re-Check 9 on June 2nd, 2016, 9:59 pm
Viper 88 wrote:2 Call the park and ask what times you can get lunch, dinner, and snacks on the dining pass and eat before or after tose times you may not think it's a big deal but it really is.

Season Dining Pass Lunch ends at 3:30 and Dinner starts at 4:30, so grab a bite between 3:30-4:30 to avoid long food lines.
Re-Check 9

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 2nd, 2016, 10:12 pm
All Dining Passes end at 8:30, so there's that too.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Re-Check 9 on June 2nd, 2016, 10:16 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:All Dining Passes end at 8:30, so there's that too.

Yes, but the larger restaurants close an hour before park closes, so after 8:30 you're probably better off just getting dinner after you leave the park.
Re-Check 9

Postby Viper 88 on June 3rd, 2016, 10:33 am
Guy With A Stick and Recheck that was very helpful :) do you know what time they start maybe it would work better for them to take an early lunch. I never knew the larger places closed an hour before the rest of the park.
Viper 88

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 3rd, 2016, 11:08 am
The pass begins at 11:30 if I'm not mistaken.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Tardis1972 on June 24th, 2016, 11:45 pm
One of of my friends found someone online that is selling 2 unused gold passes for $90 each. I told him that it could be a scam but I though I see what some of you think of it. I guess the person bought 4 passes but can only use 2.
Tardis1972

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 27th, 2016, 6:16 pm
I want to bring my friend to SFGAm with me but she doesn't have a season pass. She can't go on any of the bring a friend free days or anything like that. So is the "save $15 with a season pass" or buying a ticket online cheaper? Buying online is more convenient but which out of those two is cheaper?
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 27th, 2016, 6:32 pm
If you have a gold pass, I know there's a BAF thing that can be used at any time, but I'm not sure if it's for free or for a discount. If that doesn't work, use the online discount.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Re-Check 9 on June 27th, 2016, 10:25 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I want to bring my friend to SFGAm with me but she doesn't have a season pass. She can't go on any of the bring a friend free days or anything like that. So is the "save $15 with a season pass" or buying a ticket online cheaper? Buying online is more convenient but which out of those two is cheaper?

Full price at the gate is $69.99+tax, so if the online price is $54.99+tax or less including fees, it's cheaper to buy online rather than getting $15 off at the gate. Also, look out for Coke cans. They usually have $20 off or more this time of year.
Last edited by Re-Check 9 on June 28th, 2016, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re-Check 9

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 28th, 2016, 11:06 am
I have seen quite a few coke cans with discounts on them I'll keep my eyes open for the next one.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Tardis1972 on June 28th, 2016, 2:37 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:If you have a gold pass, I know there's a BAF thing that can be used at any time, but I'm not sure if it's for free or for a discount. If that doesn't work, use the online discount.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

It's a only a discount (BAF for $15 off general admission) and yes it does have unlimited use. I'm pretty sure it's not limited to just the gold pass. The only discount I know that is limited to the gold pass is the July BAFF. That's the one discount I really hope to use.
Tardis1972

Postby Dmrbug on June 28th, 2016, 10:51 pm
O'Reilly has a coupon for half off a ticket if you are with a season pass holder or child price for adult without a pass holder.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Dmrbug

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum