Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

American Eagle Temporarily Closed

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterMike on May 14th, 2016, 2:44 pm
Does anyone know why American Eagle is temporarily closed? Also about how long will it be closed for?
CoasterMike

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 14th, 2016, 2:47 pm
This was being discussed in the 2016 Minor updates thread, but it's because it's FINALLY GETTING REPAINTED!

Everything up to the base of the lift has been freshly repainted, with the first 30-ish feet of the lift being stripped of the old paint at the moment. We're all very happy for this, although it is a mystery why they waited to repaint it now.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby AnneM on May 14th, 2016, 3:15 pm
We were there yesterday and were really sad to see it closed, as it was our first visit. Hopefully it'll reopen soon.
AnneM

Postby stergmi on May 15th, 2016, 9:30 am
AnneM wrote:We were there yesterday and were really sad to see it closed, as it was our first visit. Hopefully it'll reopen soon.

I'm thinking they waited for the weather to get a little dryer for the repainting. Hopefully it'll be open again by next week. Monday the 23rd is her 35th birthday and the park is open on Tuesday the 24th.
stergmi

Postby RobSFGAm on May 15th, 2016, 6:04 pm
It was running today (Sunday - 15th)
RobSFGAm

Postby ribsinbacon on May 15th, 2016, 6:14 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:It was running today (Sunday - 15th)

Can confirm, rode it today. Also blue train has a new sponsor with haribo decals
I've lost my coaster count.
ribsinbacon

Postby Johnska on May 15th, 2016, 8:20 pm
Um, I rode it yesterday. It was only blue. But it ran GREAT. Probably the best ride I've ever gotten out of it!
Johnska

Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2016, 9:42 am
One can assume that SFGAm waited to paint because of possible proposals for RMC retrack. Since those proposals got tossed we get new paint for what we currently have. Why paint a ride if they're just going to tear it apart anyway?
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterCale on May 16th, 2016, 1:47 pm
Why retrack a ride to demolish it a season later? That happened with Thunder Road with a well renound company. Nothing would really surprise me at this point.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Goku1910 on May 16th, 2016, 1:48 pm
CoasterCale wrote:Why retrack a ride to demolish it a season later? That happened with Thunder Road with a well renound company. Nothing would really surprise me at this point.

Six Flags is not immune to outrageous ideas or decisions. I only explained a possible reason as to why they waited to paint the ride.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 16th, 2016, 4:13 pm
The base of the lift has been painted. It looks really nice.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RobSFGAm on May 18th, 2016, 8:45 pm
Blue Eagle train stopped near top of the hill since yesterday (5/17) afternoon.
Not sure if it is for painting or something else. I would think for painting they would put it on the transfer track...unless they are painting the transfer track now.
RobSFGAm

Postby Tardis1972 on May 18th, 2016, 10:34 pm
I was at the park on Sunday and I have to say the new paint looks great. I wonder how there going to paint the Red side track in the cricle though.
Tardis1972

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum