Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Least busy day

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby stergmi on August 21st, 2016, 7:18 pm
Is it me? Am I going?
stergmi

Postby JaminOut on August 21st, 2016, 8:06 pm
I hope it's not like last Monday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby batmanfan80 on August 21st, 2016, 10:51 pm
Did anyone go this weekend? According to the queue sites, lines were basically a walk up all day and night Sat and were pretty short today. Today even Goliath was around 30 min all day. But, were there tons of flash passers bloating the line to 60 min? Demon only got up to 50 min when I checked at Coaster queue at 10:30. It was 20 min mostly. X-Flight and Pretzelman were around 50 a lot after starting around 35. Then XF got to 70. Did not see the water rides listed all weekend. Bull was around 35 til 10:30. Justice League was short until the evening. This doesn't seem right, how could Goliath have shorter lines than all the B&Ms? Eagle has been 15 min day and night for as long as I've been checking those sites. Giant Drop seems pretty stuck on 20. Next weekend I'm gonna try to head out over there, I just don't need to drive 50 some miles to find out that once again the park has let in way more people than they can handle.

Update:

Wife got a report back from someone I know who went yesterday and described it as "a nightmare, only able to get on 4 rides between 1-6". Those rides were Pretzelman, Demon, Dark Knight, and Whizzer. No idea if they went from ride to ride or took breaks. Doesn't sound too off from what the queue sites reported at the time. If I get anymore details, I'll update.
batmanfan80

Postby momlovescoasters on September 8th, 2016, 3:40 pm
I was planning on going to the park the first weekend of Fright Fest as the crowds are usually light. I noticed on the app Sunday Sept 25th is "Coaster Challenge". It's a fundraiser for Special Olympics. I don't remember this last year. Do you think it will affect crowds? Would Saturday be a better option?
momlovescoasters

Postby cb0688 on September 16th, 2016, 1:38 pm
^
An article from last year's event states that only 330 participants showed up. So I wouldn't worry about it.

I do have one more question. Do any of you know which days are bring a friend for free? I just got an email from SFFT that says Sept. 24th & 25th are bring a friend for free days if you bought a 2017 season pass. Really hoping SFGAm isn't doing the same!
cb0688

Postby RollingCoasting on September 16th, 2016, 2:58 pm
I think each park has their own thing. SFA has BAFF on Columbus Day Weekend
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on September 16th, 2016, 3:04 pm
The last weekend of operations (November 5th and 6th, I believe) is BAFF for us.
anewman35

Postby radiohead on September 16th, 2016, 7:34 pm
If you renewed your season pass during the sale, you should have received a BAFF for the final weekend. I just logged in and looked, and I don't see it. All I see is Bring a Friend for $14.99 for Nov 5 or 6. There's also Bring a Friend for half price (9/24,25,30 & 10/1,2,7,10,14,21,28,30).
radiohead

Postby cb0688 on September 16th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Ah, ok. Thanks everyone! Really can't wait to check out the park for the first time on the 25th!
cb0688

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum