Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What is the Next Coaster To Leave?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on April 24th, 2016, 10:30 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Being at the park today went on sky trek tower and realized there is a large grassy hill by the employee parking. My theory is to build an employee parking garage and expand in to that existing lot area. Also build offices there or put them across the street in the nearly empty strip mall on Milwaukee. Then other things came to me as I was in the park. By Hometown park there is a little pond that is just big enough for a flat ride if filled in and done right. This area is also right by BB so something coaster like could go there or 3 flats if done right. This could only be done if you removed the nacho stand and put it where the chicken place is by DEMON. You could also get rid of one side of the sames going to SWT and add a flat there. Trailblazer's old spot. Gokart could have a huge plot for middle family rides nothing too extreme possibly 4 maybe 5 again the geometry would have to be right. Dare Devil Dive could be removed and a flat put in or you could move and retheme Ricochet again opening space in SWT. IN terms of the flumes I really do not want to see them go I would love for them to be replaces and recreated with their original capacity this hour wait stuff is BS ( I only go on the water rides because I despise the water park and feel it should have been elsewhere in Gurnee Maybe across the expressway and made a seperate gate park)

I don't think you realize just how close residents are to that hill....
Goku1910

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 24th, 2016, 11:53 pm
Time for some good 'ol maps!

Here I have a Google Earth map of the park(it was too big to fit HH into the picture). Grey areas represent rides that can be removed/land able to be developed. Blue Outlines represent areas that coasters/rides can go over paths/rides.

1) Area 1 is Trailblazer's old spot. It still has the base and queue(heck, even the safety signs) for it. Something small like a Superloop can fit there, theme it to a lasso or something.

2) This is SkyTrail's old spot, as well as the bit of land between it and Orbit. It's a fair size of land. It can fit a kiddie cred or a medium flat there.

3) This is BB and it's extended queue. Quite a large chunk of land. It can fit a nice cred there, or...

4) Plus the Go-Karts, it can have a fairly large coaster there. I also connected area 2 to these 2 areas, as it can also hold an element of a coaster that can cross the path(akin to Mako's final turn). But this alone is quite a large bit of land, able to hold a coaster and or a kiddie area(Bugs Bunny Boomtown or DC Superfriends)

5) These are the 2 flumes plus Wilderness Theater. As you can see, it's massive. It can fit 2 B&Ms if they tried. I kept V2 as a blue area, as it can easily be maneuvered over/around. No need to remove it. I also kept a tad bit of space to keep the 'waterfront' bit of the park, as it's very peaceful and calming.

6) RC's old spot. It can fit quite a few things. It can fit a Superloop, it can fit Little Dipper(if you're going to combine it with area 4), it can fit an S&S 4D, it can also fit a station for a coaster. If it has an under-station queue, it can work as a nice station area, or as an element area(ala area 2). But I think it's better off as a flat.

7) This is Superman and TDK. This is by far the largest area. You can fit in a ton here. Also, if you can go over Roarin' Rapids(which isn't the hardest task) and connect it to Areas 5 and 6, you have an area that's 1/3 of the entire park. You can fit a giga here. Not even joking. Imagine having the station being the same as/near Superman's, and think how daunting the lift could be going over TDK's area. Entering from Grand Avenue will really give people a nice first impression on GAm. Entering from Washington can give a really nice side profile. Anyway, enough of my dreaming. You can dream however you want.

8 ) This is Pictorium. We all thought this was where JL would go, but no. Still nothing. There are currently no planned shows for here this season, and the building is not in the best shape. This can be turned into a nice waterpark expansion. It can be a watercoaster, a zero-g wall, or even a new entrance. If not, it can house a nice coaster or flat(s).

So, yeah. we have a TON of land. Also, I was able to keep V2 and Demon. But if they do remove V2, more room I guess. For Demon, there have just been too many upgrades the past few years to have it removed. New restraints, new paint, new logo, new tunnel, it's just too much to remove it. Anyway, you take the map how you wish. I can see quite a few possibilities. For a launch, areas 2/3/4, 5, or 7 can work well. For a Superloop, I can see 1 or 6. For a flat, 1, 2, 6, or even 8 can work. A giga/BIG coaster can fit in 5/6/7.

Good night everyone! :wink:

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on April 25th, 2016, 1:46 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Viper 88 on April 25th, 2016, 4:55 pm
[quote="Goku1910]

I don't think you realize just how close residents are to that hill....[/quote]

I do realize how close they are but if the are Bitc#!n about noise then the garage would be pretty quiet there would be no screaming sure there would be some construction but in a few months it would be over. I didn't think it was really that bad of an idea, I was just thinking about maximizing what space they already have and since they can't build out I thought that they could build up.
Viper 88

Postby Johnska on April 25th, 2016, 6:07 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Time for some good 'ol maps!

Here I have a Google Earth map of the park(it was too big to fit HH into the picture). Grey areas represent rides that can be removed/land able to be developed. Blue Outlines represent areas that coasters/rides can go over paths/rides.

1) Area 1 is Trailblazer's old spot. It still has the base and queue(heck, even the safety signs) for it. Something small like a Superloop can fit there, theme it to a lasso or something.

2) This is SkyTrail's old spot, as well as the bit of land between it and Orbit. It's a fair size of land. It can fit a kiddie cred or a medium flat there.

3) This is BB and it's extended queue. Quite a large chunk of land. It can fit a nice cred there, or...

4) Plus the Go-Karts, it can have a fairly large coaster there. I also connected area 2 to these 2 areas, as it can also hold an element of a coaster that can cross the path(akin to Mako's final turn). But this alone is quite a large bit of land, able to hold a coaster and or a kiddie area(Bugs Bunny Boomtown or DC Superfriends)

5) These are the 2 flumes plus Wilderness Theater. As you can see, it's massive. It can fit 2 B&Ms if they tried. I kept V2 as a blue area, as it can easily be maneuvered over/around. No need to remove it. I also kept a tad bit of space to keep the 'waterfront' bit of the park, as it's very peaceful and calming.

6) RC's old spot. It can fit quite a few things. It can fit a Superloop, it can fit Little Dipper(if you're going to combine it with area 4), it can fit an S&S 4D, it can also fit a station for a coaster. If it has an under-station queue, it can work as a nice station area, or as an element area(ala area 2). But I think it's better off as a flat.

7) This is Superman and TDK. This is by far the largest area. You can fit in a ton here. Also, if you can go over Roarin' Rapids(which isn't the hardest task) and connect it to Areas 5 and 6, you have an area that's 1/3 of the entire park. You can fit a giga here. Not even joking. Imagine having the station being the same as/near Superman's, and think how daunting the lift could be going over TDK's area. Entering from Grand Avenue will really give people a nice first impression on GAm. Entering from Washington can give a really nice side profile. Anyway, enough of my dreaming. You can dream however you want.

8 ) This is Pictorium. We all thought this was where JL would go, but no. Still nothing. There are currently no planned shows for here this season, and the building is not in the best shape. This can be turned into a nice waterpark expansion. It can be a watercoaster, a zero-g wall, or even a new entrance. If not, it can house a nice coaster or flat(s).

So, yeah. we have a TON of land. Also, I was able to keep V2 and Demon. But if they do remove V2, more room I guess. For Demon, there have just been too many upgrades the past few years to have it removed. New restraints, new paint, new logo, new tunnel, it's just too much to remove it. Anyway, you take the map how you wish. I can see quite a few possibilities. For a launch, areas 2/3/4, 5, or 7 can work well. For a Superloop, I can see 1 or 6. For a flat, 1, 2, 6, or even 8 can work. A giga/BIG coaster can fit in 5/6/7.

Wow. We could have something big. I'd say give it time. We've gotten lucky with our rides recently. Just think about other parks :? Either we are getting something huge with a long wait for it to happen (to get rid of S:UF, Pictorium, and BB) or something small (ish) over a longer period of time. An idea I would have when designing the giant ride would be to have multiple stations around the park where the old ones used to be. I don't know. I'm just throwing stuff out here.
Johnska

Postby jmanporty7 on April 25th, 2016, 7:35 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Time for some good 'ol maps!

My thoughts on your expansion ideas:
1) Chance Falling Star - Somewhat similar type of a ride that Trailblazer was.
2) Flying Scooters - Very fun family ride.
3) S&S 4D Free Spin - Should be enough space. Themed to Green Lantern. Adios BB!
4) New major thrill ride - Maybe a 200-300 ft tall Great American SkyScreamer.
5) Premier Rides Launched Coaster - Something similar to Full Throttle at SFMM with a large loop and 1 or 2 more inversions. Apocalypse would be a cool name for it.
6) Larson Super Loop - They could reuse the Bourbon Street Fireball name for all I care. As long as they don't call it a roller coaster.
7) As much as a lot of you guys would love for this to happen, Superman is not leaving for a while. It's still a very popular coaster and a favorite among many. TDK on the other hand, can go up in flames. So how about we get a Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster to replace TDK, and call it Spinsanity.
8) Waterpark expansion of some sort.
jmanporty7

Postby Coaster Justin on April 26th, 2016, 2:30 am
jmanporty7 wrote:My thoughts on your expansion ideas:
1) Chance Falling Star - Somewhat similar type of a ride that Trailblazer was.
2) Flying Scooters - Very fun family ride.
3) S&S 4D Free Spin - Should be enough space. Themed to Green Lantern. Adios BB!
4) New major thrill ride - Maybe a 200-300 ft tall Great American SkyScreamer.
5) Premier Rides Launched Coaster - Something similar to Full Throttle at SFMM with a large loop and 1 or 2 more inversions. Apocalypse would be a cool name for it.
6) Larson Super Loop - They could reuse the Bourbon Street Fireball name for all I care. As long as they don't call it a roller coaster.
7) As much as a lot of you guys would love for this to happen, Superman is not leaving for a while. It's still a very popular coaster and a favorite among many. TDK on the other hand, can go up in flames. So how about we get a Gerstlauer Spinning Coaster to replace TDK, and call it Spinsanity.
8) Waterpark expansion of some sort.

1. I don't think Chance makes a Falling Star anymore. How about a Fireball there and a Tilt A Whirl where Cajun was?
7. I don't see Six Flags going with Gerstlauer anytime soon. How about a Zamperla Motorbike Coaster?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterCale on April 26th, 2016, 8:26 am
I don't want to see a coaster leave. They are all vital to our lineup is one way or another.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby dlmtechnology on April 27th, 2016, 4:57 pm
if the park expanded into the front parking lot to build a new "land" would you be ok with the horror that is trying to leave a parking structure built in overflow land to accommodate the loss of front parking lot spaces?
dlmtechnology

Postby Coaster Justin on April 27th, 2016, 7:17 pm
dlmtechnology wrote:if the park expanded into the front parking lot to build a new "land" would you be ok with the horror that is trying to leave a parking structure built in overflow land to accommodate the loss of front parking lot spaces?

What about putting a parking garage in the employee parking lot instead?

Coaster Justin

Postby dlmtechnology on April 27th, 2016, 8:11 pm
There isn't that much space over there plus you would have to lose maintenance roads that access the front of the park and move greenhouses and boneyards.

Expanding into the front seems like a cheaper way to go

Last year I was at Six Flags New England, parking was across the highway and they had a team that ran you to the gate...so have we noticed that there is farm land for sale across Washington. Build a new parking lot there, tram people in and you now have a whole lot more space

To keep traffic on grand, still have that entrance and drive around the perimeter of the overflow lot

Some sweet talking the village would need to be done to get an overpass or underpass built across the road but I'm sure that's easier than going across the tollway :-)
dlmtechnology

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 27th, 2016, 8:48 pm
Because a major corporation being able to develop private land is SOO easy. No legal action required, no PR failure, nothing. Easy as pie...
:roll:

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby BCarroll on April 27th, 2016, 9:16 pm
To me, I would love to see Great America get a coaster like Maverick. That is my favorite coaster I have ridden. The perfect area would be the Bucc Battle/ GoKart location. There is already a nice established queue that cold be used(Buccaneer Battle) and ample room for a blitz coaster that size. There are only 2 in the world and a third would be perfect for SFGAm!! Now, Im no photoshop man but by eyeballing the size it looks like it'd fit. It could even go over the midway.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 27th, 2016, 11:03 pm
staticshadows is currently the best person to go to when it comes to Photoshopping coasters. I think a Mega Lite could fit, but idk about the Blitz. Besides, SF dropped Intamin due to bad reliability. Mack, however, also offers a Mega Lite model, which can certainly fit into BB/GK area.

Edit: Sorry for no pictures, but according to finger measurements, Alpina Blitz at Nigloland is a perfect fit in the BB/GK space, with some spare room to the sides. near HTP and Little Dipper

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on April 28th, 2016, 3:54 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:staticshadows is currently the best person to go to when it comes to Photoshopping coasters. I think a Mega Lite could fit, but idk about the Blitz. Besides, SF dropped Intamin due to bad reliability. Mack, however, also offers a Mega Lite model, which can certainly fit into BB/GK area.

Edit: Sorry for no pictures, but according to finger measurements, Alpina Blitz at Nigloland is a perfect fit in the BB/GK space, with some spare room to the sides. near HTP and Little Dipper

What about a Blue Fire Clone?

Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterCale on April 28th, 2016, 8:57 am
Diamondback is the best Steel coaster followed by Superman at SFA, and the Stratacoasters. So basically all of my favorites are out of question.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby great america fan on April 28th, 2016, 10:43 am
theres enough room for a giga over by dark knight
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.22.54 AM.png
this is all i could do with five minutes on mac photo editor. :lol: blue is the queue, the black box is the station and red is the track ill post a better quality design when i get home.
great america fan

Postby staticshadows on April 28th, 2016, 1:47 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby stergmi on April 28th, 2016, 2:09 pm
BCarroll wrote:To me, I would love to see Great America get a coaster like Maverick. That is my favorite coaster I have ridden. The perfect area would be the Bucc Battle/ GoKart location. There is already a nice established queue that cold be used(Buccaneer Battle) and ample room for a blitz coaster that size. There are only 2 in the world and a third would be perfect for SFGAm!! Now, Im no photoshop man but by eyeballing the size it looks like it'd fit. It could even go over the midway.

I believe Intamin is done in America in terms of major coasters. As much as I hate saying that but their rides are all plagued with mechanical issues during opening and first season requiring more investment after installation to keep it safe. Parks would get caught in an endless cycle of buying an Intamin, it being shit in the beginning and need more cash to fix and Intamin promising (and delivering) a major discount on the next park purchase so the park would buy another Intamin for the low investment and see that the product was still shit (mechanically speaking). Both Cedar Point and Hershey Park got caught in this until they said "enough is enough" and stopped buying Intamin. Six Flags felt this fully during the Kingda Ka purchase. Since then SF as only purchased a ZacSpin and even after that they've chosen the S&S Freeflys instead.
stergmi

Postby stergmi on April 28th, 2016, 2:10 pm
great america fan wrote:theres enough room for a giga over by dark knight
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.22.54 AM.png
this is all i could do with five minutes on mac photo editor. :lol: blue is the queue, the black box is the station and red is the track ill post a better quality design when i get home.

That gets super close to residential areas. Best chance for a giga would be taking out the flumes, V2, and roaring rapids.
stergmi

Postby BCarroll on April 28th, 2016, 5:25 pm
I agree with great america fan a giga coaster would fit nicely there and I don't see it as a big threat to the homes along side there. Although unlikely, if S:UF and TDK was removed, the park could tweak the drop-off zone and build a giga coaster that way and include elements in the Superman spot.
*how do you post a picture lol :?
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 28th, 2016, 5:38 pm
I don't think it'd have to do with the residential area, but rather space. That does not look like a large enough space for a giga. A hyper at most. Even then, it's kind of pushing it.

Also, why are so many people saying RR needs to be removed? The coaster can EASILY go over it. It's quite literally a trough. No need to remove it.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on April 28th, 2016, 6:54 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby BCarroll on April 28th, 2016, 7:33 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Also, why are so many people saying RR needs to be removed? The coaster can EASILY go over it. It's quite literally a trough. No need to remove it.

It should not need to be removed at all. Out of all the rides in the park RR is probably the easiest to go over (for its size). A nice coaster could fit there and the TDK area. Or even maybe a nice flat package?!
BCarroll

Postby great america fan on April 29th, 2016, 10:43 am
i made some changes
Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 10.33.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 10.33.37 AM.png (276.86 KiB) Viewed 15505 times
Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 10.26.34 AM.png
it could work i think
great america fan

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum