Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Opening Weekend

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RollerCoasterFavRide on April 11th, 2016, 9:11 am
I believe you need to go to the activation center. I would probably try to do that first thing because I have a feeling the line will grow throughout the day. :( When we went to St. Louis on opening weekend I waited 2 hours in the line for the pass activation and we were there right when it opened.

I have a question. We have a discover card and gold season passes. Can we get into the park 10 min early through the discover card line?
RollerCoasterFavRide

Postby dlmtechnology on April 11th, 2016, 9:19 am
Viper 88 wrote:^SSH The big wigs at Six Flags will hear you. And they will stop having such a nice deal.
In response to upgrading to gold I think you are better off buying the season parking flat out I think it is a savings of $10-20.0 0 And gold is really only worth it if you are going to definitely use the extra bring a friend free ticket. But just to be safe call ahead anyways.

I get gold because we visit other SF parks, last year we hit up St. Louis multiple days as well as SF New England Plus there is a possibility of us moving to Florida so the season parking pass wouldn't be valid at our new home park.
dlmtechnology

Postby Jodon on April 11th, 2016, 11:08 am
RollerCoasterFavRide wrote:I believe you need to go to the activation center. I would probably try to do that first thing because I have a feeling the line will grow throughout the day. :( When we went to St. Louis on opening weekend I waited 2 hours in the line for the pass activation and we were there right when it opened.

I have a question. We have a discover card and gold season passes. Can we get into the park 10 min early through the discover card line?

I might suggest waiting until much later in the day to process your pass. I would anticipate most people needing to activate their passes will immediately go to activate their passes once they enter the park, creating a terrible line. I think the activation center is open the majority of the operating day, but look at the hours when you walk by in during the day to make sure you get back there in time.
Jodon

Postby MrsTaxi on April 11th, 2016, 5:00 pm
Jodon wrote:
RollerCoasterFavRide wrote:I believe you need to go to the activation center. I would probably try to do that first thing because I have a feeling the line will grow throughout the day. :( When we went to St. Louis on opening weekend I waited 2 hours in the line for the pass activation and we were there right when it opened.

I might suggest waiting until much later in the day to process your pass. I would anticipate most people needing to activate their passes will immediately go to activate their passes once they enter the park, creating a terrible line. I think the activation center is open the majority of the operating day, but look at the hours when you walk by in during the day to make sure you get back there in time.

Waiting probably wouldn't work well, if you are activating a dining pass :)
MrsTaxi

Postby Jodon on April 11th, 2016, 9:10 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:
Jodon wrote:

Waiting probably wouldn't work well, if you are activating a dining pass :)

It depends on how much you value your time. I would seriously consider paying $12 for lunch if it would mean that I didn't have to wait in a 2 hour line.
Jodon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 11th, 2016, 9:15 pm
I'd say go straight away. Get to the park as early as possible, then bolt to the activation center at opening. Paying $12 and then have to wait in the line anyway is a bad move in my opinion.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on April 11th, 2016, 11:36 pm
I have to agree with guy. I've tried the "Wait it out" way of things. It rarely works out. But I don't think I've had to wait in line for years. I've done everything online.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Jackluver18 on April 12th, 2016, 9:42 am
I bought my pass during the Labor Day Flash sale where I could use my pass for the rest of the 2015 season and all of this year..along with using it at other parks. Which I'm going to SFOG in June. I won't have to wait in line opening day this year which I did last year and waited an hour and 45 minutes.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby hoju74 on April 12th, 2016, 9:45 am
We processed ours at Fright Fest last year. We don't have a dining pass, but I'm going to buy a season sports bottle sometime during the day. We're just going to eat at the car since I heard opening weekend food lines are horrible.
hoju74

Postby Re-Check 9 on April 12th, 2016, 10:39 am
Hopefully they will have a few dates/times before opening day when you can process your pass. I believe they've done this in the past.
Re-Check 9

Postby MrsTaxi on April 12th, 2016, 11:33 am
Re-Check 9 wrote:Hopefully they will have a few dates/times before opening day when you can process your pass. I believe they've done this in the past.

That would be wonderful! Please let us know if you hear of any. Thanks!
MrsTaxi

Postby CoasterCale on April 12th, 2016, 12:44 pm
I remember the park doing that in the past. I'm wanting to say in-between 2014 and 2015.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby hoju74 on April 12th, 2016, 1:16 pm
If they are going to do early pass activation, you would think they would announce it soon. Having it this weekend would probably be the most convenient.
hoju74

Postby Re-Check 9 on April 12th, 2016, 2:46 pm
hoju74 wrote:If they are going to do early pass activation, you would think they would announce it soon. Having it this weekend would probably be the most convenient.

IF they do it it will probably be next week. They can't do it this Saturday or Sunday because of the Advocate days.
Re-Check 9

Postby Carlo on April 13th, 2016, 1:35 am
Most people will not have to go to the Activation center to process the pass. Passes are activated at the gate if they are purchased on-line. Also if you purchase your season passes and add on items like the dinning pass on the same transaction on-line, there will be no need to to go to the activation center. As you will only have one piece of paper that will add all the items at once at the gate.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby MrsTaxi on April 13th, 2016, 6:58 pm
Carlo wrote:Most people will not have to go to the Activation center to process the pass. Passes are activated at the gate if they are purchased on-line. Also if you purchase your season passes and add on items like the dinning pass on the same transaction on-line, there will be no need to to go to the activation center. As you will only have one piece of paper that will add all the items at once at the gate.

:o Omg, Thank you so much! Best news I heard all week! Where do we pick up our sport bottles? Thank you, Carlo!
MrsTaxi

Postby hoju74 on April 18th, 2016, 7:05 am
Less than a week away !! Forecasts are saying partially cloudy and highs in the low 70's, high 60's. Can't wait :D
hoju74

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 18th, 2016, 9:36 am
YES! Perfect weather! I can't wait!

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Viper 88 on April 18th, 2016, 11:06 am
BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!! :D :) :mrgreen:
Viper 88

Postby hoju74 on April 18th, 2016, 12:17 pm
A snapchat was posted saying Strutters will be open this weekend.
hoju74

Postby stockboy300 on April 19th, 2016, 5:54 pm
What time does the parking lot open?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 19th, 2016, 6:02 pm
I heard 8:30. Not too sure, though.

Btw, I plan on going on Opening Day for like an hour or two, then most of Sunday. I have plans on Saturday. Just need to go for the count 8) .

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 19th, 2016, 7:50 pm
I'm 85% sure I'll be there Sunday.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on April 19th, 2016, 8:50 pm
First time going to opening day :)
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on April 19th, 2016, 8:50 pm
First time going to opening day :)
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum