Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What's One Ride You Wish Came Back?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Johnska on January 26th, 2016, 7:00 pm
I'm probably also going to post this on the general forum (okay I'm new here so if I didn't get the right name sorry in advance :cry: ) but at SFGAM what is the ride you wish you could get back?
Johnska

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 26th, 2016, 7:16 pm
Shockwave and Tidal Wave, in terms of coasters. Both are classics, and were both replaced with cloned B&Ms.

For flats, I'd like to see The Edge, Sky Wheel, the Eagle's Flight/Southern Cross, Hay Baler, and the Trambant we had.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RobSFGAm on January 26th, 2016, 8:41 pm
I would vote for Eagle's Flight/Southern Cross as they were different and gave a great view of the park. I know wind was an issue and one of the reason they removed it...just my vote.

I wish the park would have something like Eagle's Flight/Southern Cross where yo get an arial view of the park
We lost both sky rides, Sky Whirl and Sky trek tower is getting very old. Surprised there is not more demand for these type of rides (or maybe it is just me).
As for Hay Baler, I wonder what happened to that...do they have it in storage or was it shipped off?
If they still had it, they could have put it where Trailblazer was and the name/theme would fit SWT great.
RobSFGAm

Postby Coaster Justin on January 26th, 2016, 9:18 pm
Flat Ride:
Sky Whirl

Coaster:
Z Force
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 26th, 2016, 11:33 pm
Shockwave. I never got the chance to ride it. I somewhat enjoyed Viper at SFMM, so I'm sure I could tolerate Shockwave. Shockwave was probably worse but it was a classic.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 27th, 2016, 12:11 am
I know it still exists, but Deja Vu is still something I missed by a year. I rode Raging Bull for the first time in 2008, I think.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Necropolis on January 27th, 2016, 2:27 am
I too keep hearing good things about Deja Vu. I think I went to the park for my first time that year in 2007 and never rode it. I had no idea that was the final year for the ride because the next season im like, where is that green roller coaster I wanted to ride the last year I was here? Ahh well, all good things must come to an end...
Necropolis

Postby JaminOut on January 27th, 2016, 7:38 am
It closed in 2006, I believe. And you can find any clone of it or go to Wyoming to ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Coaster Justin on January 27th, 2016, 8:18 am
JaminOut wrote:It closed in 2006, I believe. And you can find any clone of it or go to Wyoming to ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Things:
It closed in 2007
It's in Idaho, Not Wyoming

Coaster Justin

Postby Viper 88 on January 27th, 2016, 11:55 am
In terms of Coasters Shockwave, Rolling Thunder. For flats Sky Whirl, Splash Water Falls, Bottom's Up (trabant), Great America Raceway (both Sides), Speace Shuttle America (but only for superstition that version of the ride kicked ass). In terms of shows Batman Stunt show, Any Looney Tunes Show, and the Tribute to the stars (NOT SHOWSTOPPIN these were professional celebrity impersonators). Food would have to be the real stuff and the different themes at different dining locations. Games would be the Lily Pad Game where you had to get a frog onto a lily pad like the lobster game they has this year. Shops more Looney Tunes merchandise, higher quality stuff, generic six flags stuff replaced with Great America stuff, Home goods (screw it I would so much rather have the Wb store like they one had). Also the ticket booths at the front of the park.
Viper 88

Postby Necropolis on January 27th, 2016, 2:17 pm
Aside from the rides, did the park ever have quality food at any given point? I wish that came back too, unless I'm unaware of any decent places at the park?
Necropolis

Postby MrsTaxi on January 27th, 2016, 4:23 pm
I wish ShockWave would return. It was a head banger, but you can't beat that first drop. I miss Great American Raceway...good memories. I loved the Batman Stunt Show!
As for food, There was a taco place at the farmers market that was really good. I think that was back in the early 90's.
MrsTaxi

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 27th, 2016, 5:53 pm
JaminOut wrote:It closed in 2006, I believe. And you can find any clone of it or go to Wyoming to ride it.

I missed Deja Vu too. However, I will be going to SFNE this summer so I can't wait to ride their clone. I've wanted to ride a giant inverted boomerang since I found out SFGAm used to have one.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Muck Finnesota on January 27th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Shockwave. I'll echo the sentiment about that great first drop; between it and Demon, those were two of the better Arrow first drops in one park (good thing Demon is still around). It goes without saying that having this giant blue and white structure sitting on top of the entrance plaza made for an impressive visual. I was able to ride Great American Scream Machine in New Jersey before it was axed, but something felt off about it.

As a fan of Iron Wolf as well, at least that one is still around and taking riders.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on January 29th, 2016, 1:26 am
Necropolis wrote:Aside from the rides, did the park ever have quality food at any given point? I wish that came back too, unless I'm unaware of any decent places at the park?

Buffet Le Grand.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Viper 88 on January 29th, 2016, 9:48 am
Necropolis wrote:Aside from the rides, did the park ever have quality food at any given point? I wish that came back too, unless I'm unaware of any decent places at the park?

Yes at one point every restaurant had actual food they had to cook instead of just heat up, and they were themes to each individual place Ie fish in Yankee Harbor etc. Somewhere around the mid 80's I wanna say is when the park started making changes though I may be wrong on this. For a more in depth look back you can go to GreatAmericaParks.com and click on the food tab that is if you can tear youself away from the rides tab.
Viper 88

Postby hoju74 on January 29th, 2016, 10:47 am
Tidal Wave. Tidal Wave was my first upside down coaster as a kid, and I'll never forgot how scary it was with just a lap bar. Plus, it looked cool with the lights on at night. Such a perfect fit for Yankee Harbor...okay, I'm done..LOL
hoju74

Postby Tardis1972 on January 29th, 2016, 12:02 pm
I would bring back most of the original coasters I never got to ride.
1. Shockwave
2. Roling Thunder
3. Tidal Wave
4. Z-Force
And of corse Sky Whirl. Also I would remove the loops on Demon and bring back the bunny hills.
Tardis1972

Postby MrsTaxi on January 29th, 2016, 2:17 pm
Not a ride, but Necropolis in the 90's. I also loved Camp Hideaway.
MrsTaxi

Postby Coaster Justin on January 29th, 2016, 8:43 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:I would bring back most of the original coasters I never got to ride.
1. Shockwave
2. Rolling Thunder
3. Tidal Wave
4. Z-Force
And of course Sky Whirl. Also I would remove the loops on Demon and bring back the bunny hills.

You can still ride Rolling Thunder at The Great Escape

Coaster Justin

Postby Necropolis on January 30th, 2016, 2:14 am
MrsTaxi wrote:Not a ride, but Necropolis in the 90's. I also loved Camp Hideaway.

I like the way you think :wink:

Viper 88 wrote:

Yes at one point every restaurant had actual food they had to cook instead of just heat up, and they were themes to each individual place Ie fish in Yankee Harbor etc. Somewhere around the mid 80's I wanna say is when the park started making changes though I may be wrong on this. For a more in depth look back you can go to GreatAmericaParks.com and click on the food tab that is if you can tear youself away from the rides tab.

Haha ok, I'll have to check out if we are getting any new diners/restaurants at our park this year. I'm hoping so!
Necropolis

Postby CoasterCale on February 3rd, 2016, 11:49 pm
I would have to say DejaVu and Rolling Thunder for coasters. Tidal Wave would also be up there, but I love Batman. In terms of flats, I would say PowerDive. Goliath at SFNE was great. I rode in 2013, and visited SFOT in 2014 but didn't ride La Vibora.
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:

I missed Deja Vu too. However, I will be going to SFNE this summer so I can't wait to ride their clone. I've wanted to ride a giant inverted boomerang since I found out SFGAm used to have one.

Good luck, I've heard the new Premier Trains have made it worse than before. So glad I got to experience it with original trains.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on February 4th, 2016, 1:06 am
^I think only SFNE got those godforsaken trains. Silverwood kept the Vekoma ones.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby gottastrata33 on February 4th, 2016, 4:28 am
Year after year, to this very day - I miss Deja Vu the most.

It was, in my opinion, the greatest thrill ride the park ever built until Goliath was put in. That coaster had so many issues, I understand that very clearly. I was one of those "idiots" who would wait in line hour after hour day after day during breakdowns to ride it. My heart sinks every time I pass Buccaneer Battle's entrance sign knowing it was Vu's! LOL ugh aside what they do for Disney, DejaVu was the one thing Vekoma did very well. It drives me nuts that it does so much better at Silverwood than it ever did here & that so many have been built within the last few years! I MISS THAT RIDE BRING IT BACK! ;)
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby stockboy300 on March 28th, 2016, 10:59 am
Definitely Deja Vu!

Galaxy Note 5
stockboy300

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum