Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Lizardgi on May 27th, 2019, 9:53 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:Whizzer has a flash pass person at the front of the entrance. This makes no sense whatsoever. A person could just cut from the regular line to the flash pass line, and not be seen (where the main line is). That's a stupid decision by the park. They didn't have a flash pass person at the top of the stairs.

Does that mean there is no grouper before the station now? If so, that's a terrible move and makes for an absolute train wreck in the station as people crowd and pack in as much as possible. I'm not a flash pass user, but also sucks for them as they would now get to the station and still have a 30 minute wait. The incompetence of select Six Flags management continues to surprise me. Hopefully I'm either wrong or they quickly change this.
Lizardgi

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 27th, 2019, 10:45 am
^Yes, that's what that means. No grouper.

EDIT^ They changed it to back to normal again. Maybe, some flash pass person didn't know where to stand on that other day.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on May 29th, 2019, 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby chicagolandcoasters on May 27th, 2019, 8:16 pm
Lizardgi wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:Whizzer has a flash pass person at the front of the entrance. This makes no sense whatsoever. A person could just cut from the regular line to the flash pass line, and not be seen (where the main line is). That's a stupid decision by the park. They didn't have a flash pass person at the top of the stairs.

Does that mean there is no grouper before the station now? If so, that's a terrible move and makes for an absolute train wreck in the station as people crowd and pack in as much as possible. I'm not a flash pass user, but also sucks for them as they would now get to the station and still have a 30 minute wait. The incompetence of select Six Flags management continues to surprise me. Hopefully I'm either wrong or they quickly change this.

I’m sure that was only temporary. They may have been light on staff that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

Postby Eagle04 on May 27th, 2019, 11:18 pm
Which rides are doing single rider lines this year?
Eagle04

Postby Coaster Justin on May 27th, 2019, 11:27 pm
Is the eagle entrance open now
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Jacklw6499 on June 2nd, 2019, 5:49 pm
Not sure if this has been said recently, but I took my first ride on Bull this season and wow... Never had a better ride on it. Seems that the trims were not grabbing as much throughout the ride, and for the first time ever, I got a significant amount of airtime in the back row on that first trimmed CamelBack. The speed was perfect, it was hauling as I've never seen it before. I'm assuming it just trims harder when it gets hotter throughout the season? Overall awesome ride.

Superman's paint job looks great... FINALLY!

Saw Maxx Force's train in the station briefly, looked like they may have been working on it, but when we walked over after an awesome ride on the Whizzer (what a timeless classic) they seemed to be done with construction for the day.

Got my first ever ride on Hangover and it was very okay! You do get some awesome views of the park from that large loop.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby redrobinround on June 2nd, 2019, 9:01 pm
where is bulls 3 rd train

redrobinround

Postby coasterkidd100 on June 3rd, 2019, 7:38 am
I would assume still being worked on by maintenance. The shorter off season may have something to do with it not being ready yet.
coasterkidd100

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 3rd, 2019, 12:15 pm
RB's 3rd train is almost never ready for the start of the season. I've never seen it ready for opening day the past few years. It usually is up and running past Memorial Day. I'm guessing because of HITP is why it's taking so long.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby cliffhanger on June 4th, 2019, 9:32 pm
The weirdest thing happened at the park today . I was going on Superman about 20 minutes before closing. As I passed the last TV in the queue, I heard strains of the Merry Mardi Gras Parade (an original 1976 show at GAm). I backed up expecting a video of it playing on the TV, but it was coming out of a FAKE BIRDHOUSE hanging in the tree! I stood there and listened to it loop the entire show soundtrack. When I got off the ride, it was silent again. Maybe it plays right before park closing? Has anyone else heard this? I've seen that hidden speaker for years, but never heard anything playi g from it!
cliffhanger

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 5th, 2019, 12:13 am
So, they play this song all the time now, Rockabye. I look at the video, and you have ladies on stripper poles. :D Don't worry though, they aren't nude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=papuvlVeZg8 Great Family Friendly stuff! Hilarious.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on June 5th, 2019, 5:49 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:So, they play this song all the time now, Rockabye. I look at the video, and you have ladies on stripper poles. :D Don't worry though, they aren't nude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=papuvlVeZg8 Great Family Friendly stuff! Hilarious.

Six Flags is very strange.... They constantly refer to Disney as the gold standard in their annual reports.

Yet Disney has themed music for each one of their territories.

It would cost Six Flags nothing to switch back to the old themed music and it would leave a much better impression on park guests. Most people would rather hear ragtime piano music at a theme park rather than retards grunting and mumbling over a crappy beat, lol
JackGlass

Postby Falcon on June 5th, 2019, 10:55 am
The loud, shitty pop music is one of my least favorites parts of six flags
Falcon

Postby hoju74 on June 5th, 2019, 11:02 am
It's a strange mix of current pop and theme music now.
Could've sworn I heard the theme music in Yukon Territory on Saturday.
hoju74

Postby RBullFan97 on June 5th, 2019, 12:06 pm
hoju74 wrote:It's a strange mix of current pop and theme music now.
Could've sworn I heard the theme music in Yukon Territory on Saturday.

Was it in Mooseburger Lodge because I know they play it there, at least as of a couple of weeks ago.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 5th, 2019, 12:28 pm
Did anyone else get email stating there's an exclusive ride time event on 6/21 for ONE hour (sponsored by Takis)? I called customer service and she said that's the ONLY event that day -- meaning NO Coasters After Dark!! It also appears that August Coasters After Dark is gone too!

Also, I saw ealier in the year, in the Portal that it was bring a friend for 19.99, week of 6/17 - 6/21, but the email said 29.99 for that week! Portal now says 29.99 for 6/17 - 6/21.
Week of 6/10 - 6/14 is 19.99 for a friend.

What's going on with them changing our perks?? I almost need to make screenprints of things when I see them for "proof" of what had been on my list of benefits.

I'm a gold passholder.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 5th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Could the fight that broke out have to do with the reason there's no Coasters After Dark?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby cliffhanger on June 5th, 2019, 1:12 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:Was it in Mooseburger Lodge because I know they play it there, at least as of a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, Yukon is playing themed music in that section as well as in mooseburger. Basically the back half of the park is on themed music. I wonder if this is planned or some kind of fluke.
cliffhanger

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Could the fight that broke out have to do with the reason there's no Coasters After Dark?

I kind of wondered the same thing. The park IS open 1 hour later that day though.

There is a bonus Sprint Free Friend day as well. You have to go into a participating Sprint store (there are 4 total) and get a "coupon" and then present that on almost any day after 6/21.
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on June 7th, 2019, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby UnclePennybags on June 5th, 2019, 7:30 pm
JackGlass wrote:Most people would rather hear ragtime piano music at a theme park rather than retards grunting and mumbling over a crappy beat, lol

In all fairness, sometimes the beat isn't that bad, but the grunting and mumbling is consistently crappy.
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 5th, 2019, 7:48 pm
I find it funny that most of the pop songs they play are several years old now. Sounds like they have a "2015 Summer Pop Songs Playlist" consisting of 10 same songs XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 5th, 2019, 8:38 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I find it funny that most of the pop songs they play are several years old now. Sounds like they have a "2015 Summer Pop Songs Playlist" consisting of 10 same songs XD

Not this year!
I’ve heard current stuff this year and stuff that’s not even popular yet. I was like Wow Six Flags, I’m a DJ and just started playing this. Also being a DJ I don’t mind the music just wish it didn’t loop so much. I’d be happy to program for them if they’re in here reading this.

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 5th, 2019, 8:47 pm
Well I have only heard the same Paramore song over and over. Guess I need to listen more lol
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 5th, 2019, 9:06 pm
They were playing Old Town Road the other day and I almost fell over. The entire midway was singing and dancing too it over by Superman.
It was actually pretty cool

B&MGuy35

Postby JT2002 on June 6th, 2019, 3:25 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I find it funny that most of the pop songs they play are several years old now. Sounds like they have a "2015 Summer Pop Songs Playlist" consisting of 10 same songs XD

It's all Katy Perry stuff

Also, the Little Dipper playlist is awful, it's supposed to be songs from the 50s (when Dipper was built) like "Shaboom" and "All Shook Up", but they blend in "Cheeseburger in Paradise" and "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" and the list is on repeat every hour or so. Further proof that Six Flags is culturally impaired.

Another update speaking of Coasters after Dark, there was another minor fight in the parking lot last night when the park was closing.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum