Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 26th, 2018, 10:39 am
^ Haha I get it! I agree with you.
SFGAM_Hog

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby IssaCoaster on August 26th, 2018, 11:52 am
Was it just recently that Six Flags Great America moved into the top 20 in the country or have I not been paying attention? It said attendance was up 3% from 2016 to 2017. We are closed for most of the time in the winter too and we earn the 3rd highest amount in the Six flags chain. That's good news for us! More investments!
IssaCoaster

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 27th, 2018, 3:19 pm
They had a churro event ert thing last Sunday. With Six Flags being in charge, what could go wrong? First off, I bought my item at about 3:30 pm at the Coca-Cola stand near the carousel. So I buy the item, and of course the person doesn't know about the wristbands. Remember, this is 3:30 PM! People have bought churros before this time, and probably got nothing at this ONE stand! So, they eventually find the wristbands at the booth. A person before me bought 2 churros, and they got nothing. You ask what ride they are having. Of course, they don't know nothing. So, I have to ask a random supervisor along the way. Than, the typical Six Flags move is that instead of it being 1 hour, they make the event 40 minutes (just because) yet the food stands that sell the churros are still open even after I left the park. So, if you bought a churro at 8:45 pm, you aren't getting on a ride because the rides are closed by than even though the food booths (with the churros which they want you to buy) were still open.

How do your food people not know anything when you are trying to sell a food item for an event?? These things should be 1 hour no matter what.

Just in case anyone wants to know, the rides were Superman and Condor.
RMC - Ruining My Coasters - Georgia Cyclone / Iron Wolf / Colossus - What coaster will they ruin next for me???
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 29th, 2018, 12:12 pm
^ Yep that was definitely not worth it, especially the churros.
Lightning Rod is finally open! Oh wait it closed.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Medusa Steel Coaster 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 30th, 2018, 11:11 am
For the season pass, you have to buy it this Labor Day weekend to get the flash sale, but you have until November 11, 2018 to process it. If people want to avoid, that October thing, they either have to go this weekend to process it, or remember you have 2 weekends in November when the park is back to normal.

I don't see why they would buy a new one.
RMC - Ruining My Coasters - Georgia Cyclone / Iron Wolf / Colossus - What coaster will they ruin next for me???
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 30th, 2018, 12:39 pm
Couldn't you also activate the pass in December during Holiday in the Park?

Also, I know of at least 2 people who did NOT activate their 2018 pass last year and were allowed to do it this year. One of them didn't activate his until July 31!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 30th, 2018, 12:52 pm
It says this:

^"SEASON PASS PURCHASERS: To get the Free upgrade to Gold, free Parking, and bonus ticket to Holiday in the Park, you must pick up your Season Pass Card at Six Flags Great America by November 11, 2018. This requirement does not apply to guests signing up for Memberships."

Did he still get the gold (free) parking though by activating it this year? You can still use your season pass, but it's about the upgrade to gold.

The only 2 differences I see between the regular season pass & the gold season pass are no Bonus friend ticket on select days, and the season parking.
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 31st, 2018, 11:19 am
^ YES, both guys (one in April and one on 7/31) still get the Gold upgrade, including the free parking
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on August 31st, 2018, 6:27 pm
Well, sounds like they may not enforce their rule, but if it was me I wouldn't risk it...
anewman35

Postby n9yty on September 7th, 2018, 9:10 am
The free three month thing is a disaster. To offer as incentive a benefit you only get WHEN YOU CANCEL is beyond bizarre. And, if you have the member dining it doesn't carry over for those three months, and I don't you could even pay for it since you had to cancel. Bizarre! Who wants three months without dining? Not me. LoL

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
n9yty

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 7th, 2018, 10:13 am
n9yty wrote:The free three month thing is a disaster. To offer as incentive a benefit you only get WHEN YOU CANCEL is beyond bizarre. And, if you have the member dining it doesn't carry over for those three months, and I don't you could even pay for it since you had to cancel. Bizarre! Who wants three months without dining? Not me. LoL

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

You just cancel your membership then and not the dining. I’ve done it before and it’s simple. I’ve had a membership since they came out which was 4 years ago now I think I’ve cancelled twice in that time to get the cheaper price when it was on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 16th, 2018, 3:48 pm
I don't know if this is totally confirmed but Great Adventure's superloop is being moved and getting shipped over to La Ronde XD I think that's crazy.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on September 16th, 2018, 4:08 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I don't know if this is totally confirmed but Great Adventure's superloop is being moved and getting shipped over to La Ronde XD I think that's crazy.

El Diablo is a standard sized super loop. Corporates probably like... meh....send it to that S*it hole in Canada and we'll get Great Adventure an extra large super loop! El Mucho Grande Diablo! lol
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on September 16th, 2018, 5:01 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I don't know if this is totally confirmed but Great Adventure's superloop is being moved and getting shipped over to La Ronde XD I think that's crazy.

It makes sense. La Ronde is a park they don't really want to invest in for good reasons. SF gets to give LR something, the SF montra while getting rid of aride at GAdv that has poor ridership.
Sven18

Postby mugnezz on September 17th, 2018, 5:02 pm
I do not think so, la ronde make a lot more visitors and money than many six-flags parks. simply (and stupidly) six flags do not want to invest.
mugnezz

Postby Sven18 on September 17th, 2018, 5:55 pm
mugnezz wrote:I do not think so, la ronde make a lot more visitors and money than many six-flags parks. simply (and stupidly) six flags do not want to invest.

NOT TRUE! It has some of the lowest attendance in the chain and the lowest prices, not a formula for making "more money than many SF parks." LaRonde gets the little it gets for a reason. There last coaster was 2019, Vekoma SLC 689m, cost 10M

LaRonde's attendance is about 1.25M, that's literally only ahead of Escape and about the same of the new lease operations park of Darien Lake. The park doesn't make much money b/c they have the cheapest prices in the chain. The season gold pass is $50 CAD that's $38 USD and Silver Pass for $68 that's $52 USD.
Sven18

Postby JT2002 on September 17th, 2018, 7:49 pm
JackGlass wrote:

El Diablo is a standard sized super loop. Corporates probably like... meh....send it to that S*it hole in Canada and we'll get Great Adventure an extra large super loop! El Mucho Grande Diablo! lol

New in 2020 for La Ronde, La Boucle Superbe (another super loop)! The world's first park with two Larson Loops.
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

Postby gottastrata33 on September 18th, 2018, 12:08 am
It blows my mind that SFMx & LaRondes new additions aren’t going to be new. Great adventure has been doin so well adding flats & now they’re adding one to take one away. In totally different locations. Can’t wait to see the entrance left standing with planters in front to disguise the fact there used to be a ride there.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on September 18th, 2018, 4:17 am
JT2002 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

New in 2020 for La Ronde, La Boucle Superbe (another super loop)! The world's first park with two Larson Loops.

:lol:
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on September 18th, 2018, 1:42 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:It blows my mind that SFMx & LaRondes new additions aren’t going to be new. Great adventure has been doin so well adding flats & now they’re adding one to take one away. In totally different locations. Can’t wait to see the entrance left standing with planters in front to disguise the fact there used to be a ride there.

Very few SFGAdv patrons are going to be lamenting losing a super loop. Why is it surprising the 2 parks aren't getting something "new"? SF stated they are not changing their Capex, while adding the new parks. More mouths to feed and same principals on CapEx means relocations of under utilized rides to other parks will likely be the norm. It's either relocations or even more parks get cheaper rides to say they have something "new" yearly. The term "new" will mean new to that park in some cases.
Last edited by Sven18 on September 18th, 2018, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on September 18th, 2018, 2:14 pm
They'll probably start marketing VR experiences as "New attractions" for the year too! I wouldn't be surprised if they started running their hypers backwards and marketing that as their "New attraction" just like they did with Batman going backwards!
JackGlass

Postby RBullFan97 on September 18th, 2018, 4:51 pm
JackGlass wrote:They'll probably start marketing VR experiences as "New attractions" for the year too! I wouldn't be surprised if they started running their hypers backwards and marketing that as their "New attraction" just like they did with Batman going backwards!

Well in 2013 we got Ignight but to make up for the lack of a new ride they ran Batman, Viper, and Eagle Blue backwards that year, so I could definitely see this happening in the future to SF parks where it could be marketed as a "new ride".
SFGAm Ride Count 2016: 217
SFGAm Ride Count 2017: 76
SFGAm Ride Count 2018 (So Far): 229
RBullFan97

Postby JackGlass on September 18th, 2018, 6:18 pm
Ignight was essentially a waste of money but turning the coasters backwards was awesome! I could only imagine how crazy the GP would go if they ran Raging Bull backwards!

I'm really hoping for an RMC Eagle conversion in the future, but with the current Capex formula, the only thing I can see happening is a chop job like they did at Magic Mountain. Removing half the coaster.

Six Flags Great America is naïve when it comes to Cedar Point. They absolutely view us as competition yet we don't view them as competition! Just look at the time line how they always outdo us!

1992 We build Batman 1994 Cedar Point Builds Raptor...... 1999 We build Raging Bull 2000 Cedar Point builds Millenium Force...... 2001 We build V2 2002 Cedar Point builds Wicked Twister...... 2012 We buid X-Flight 2013 Cedar Point builds Gate Keeper..... 2014 We build Goliath 2018 Cedar Point builds Steel Vengence

I want us to do the ass kicking for once! lol. Do a proper RMC Eagle conversion and kick Steel Vengances ass! Build a better giga than Millenium Force! Build a better Dive Machine than Valravn! Build a better floorless than Rogarou! Hit back for once! Stop letting them pull one over us!

The potential that Great America has is so incredible, especially given our location between Chicago and Milwaukee! But that beast has to be released!
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 18th, 2018, 7:47 pm
^ Watch Cedar Point get the tallest, longest, steepest, and fastest accelerating coaster in the world in 2020 XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Sven18 on September 18th, 2018, 7:59 pm
JackGlass wrote:Ignight was essentially a waste of money but turning the coasters backwards was awesome! I could only imagine how crazy the GP would go if they ran Raging Bull backwards!

I'm really hoping for an RMC Eagle conversion in the future, but with the current Capex formula, the only thing I can see happening is a chop job like they did at Magic Mountain. Removing half the coaster.

Six Flags Great America is naïve when it comes to Cedar Point. They absolutely view us as competition yet we don't view them as competition! Just look at the time line how they always outdo us!

1992 We build Batman 1994 Cedar Point Builds Raptor...... 1999 We build Raging Bull 2000 Cedar Point builds Millenium Force...... 2001 We build V2 2002 Cedar Point builds Wicked Twister...... 2012 We buid X-Flight 2013 Cedar Point builds Gate Keeper..... 2014 We build Goliath 2018 Cedar Point builds Steel Vengence

I want us to do the ass kicking for once! lol. Do a proper RMC Eagle conversion and kick Steel Vengances ass! Build a better giga than Millenium Force! Build a better Dive Machine than Valravn! Build a better floorless than Rogarou! Hit back for once! Stop letting them pull one over us!

The potential that Great America has is so incredible, especially given our location between Chicago and Milwaukee! But that beast has to be released!

LOL. The notion CP build stuff outdo SFGAM makes a SF fanboy have a feeling of self importance about SfGAm. Parks like CF plan things way in advance. It's an absolute foolish notion citing 1 year gaps that CF built stuff b/c of SFGAm or to upstage. CP is and always has been a destination park, SFGAm is not a destination park.

The last paragraph is pure delusion b/c SF does not have the money, the desire as it's not in their corporate plan or need to do any if(people show up no matter what). How many times does SF have to keep reiterating and enforcing their corporate plan before fanboys stop making up fantasies and except it.
Sven18

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum