Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby batmanfan80 on August 11th, 2017, 4:27 pm
Went the last two Sundays after 5. Hardly any lines for most things although Whizzer had a full queue last Sunday when we got there. It's always Goliath/Joker/Justice League with the big lines lately. Just as the queue sites have been reporting. Dark Knight and Pretzelman also reported long lines but we didn't check those. Eagle is still running great. Viper is terrible in comparison. Batman is good as ever. Joker single rider line only had a few people. Justice League single rider is basically a walk up. Hot water still isn't working. Those Jb bathrooms were like the one in Saw, probably good they got rid of them.

This is really unprecedented. Everytime we've gone at this time of year since 2011 the lines have been horrendous and the parking lot extremely full. These last two visits saw the lot about 60% full with plenty of spaces open in the front lot, even a few in rows 5 and 6. Even in 2012 we saw the "park crowded, please come back another day" on the lcd sign more than once in July/August. Guess everyone who was going for the Joker hype already did that. There was less hype about X-Flight. Looking at the queue sites today, looks like similar numbers from the last two weeks.

Maybe their "cram as many people into the park as possible" strategy stopped working. They burned a lot of people over the years who may have been repeat customers.
batmanfan80

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 11th, 2017, 7:48 pm
^I'm kind of confused?? You are saying that Superman, Batman (indoors), Goliath, Justice League, Whizzer, and Joker have long lines. Are you saying the rest were walk-ons? That seems pretty packed still. Remember though, it also depends on the weather. If it's too cold, than people probably don't come because of the waterpark. I'm starting to feel that if Raging Bull is not getting long lines anymore, it's because it has too much competition now with Goliath, Viper, and American Eagle based on airtime. For me, Batman (indoors) has the best airtime & (non -painful) in the park. Disagree fine. It's my opinion.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 12th, 2017, 3:23 pm
The park wasn't that packed at all yesterday. At times I only waited 10min for Goliath & raging Bull I only waited about 4trains. It felt like 5min but Joker had the longest at 20min. Viper aka Repiv was running fantastic, we were very surprised it was running. At Carousel gifts, they're selling these prints that I never knew about! They're really cheap in my opinion too ($6.99 for standard size). I had the Goliath one from last year but these two were a nice add :) if you're interested, there's also a pop art one of Columbia Carousel (sp?)

IMG_3123.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 12th, 2017, 6:50 pm
What size are they? I bought the Eagle postcard version earlier in the season.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby gottastrata33 on August 12th, 2017, 7:55 pm
I'm not home right now but they seem to be like 8"x10"

I love them. I think the three will look nice framed above my headboard
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterDemon on August 13th, 2017, 10:46 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
IMG_3123.JPG

World tallest steepest fastest!? Oh Six Flags, you so silly. Those are nice pictures though!

Remember the advertisements touting "best water park in the country" and "cleanest theme park in the country"?
CoasterDemon

Postby sfgam1976 on August 13th, 2017, 4:08 pm
World's tallest steepest and fastest full-circuit, lift chained wooden coaster. Same as CF saying valravn is tallest and and fastest dive coaster or fury is the tallest and fastest giga coaster
sfgam1976

Postby gottastrata33 on August 13th, 2017, 6:26 pm
I've had the Goliath print for a year or two now so it was accurate ;) but they're cute comic or post card lookin prints I love them. Wish they had one for Demon & Xflight. Hell I'd take one for all of them, even Joker & Spacelys ;D
gottastrata33

Postby great america fan on August 13th, 2017, 8:31 pm
Chance the rapper was at the park today
great america fan

Postby maxwellt on August 13th, 2017, 10:23 pm
Yeah OMG so where that turn was for Goliath when it went out of the station, I was there when chance was! It was all hype

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on August 13th, 2017, 10:24 pm
I was sadly under the turn so my looks at chance we're very slim

maxwellt

Postby MrsTaxi on August 14th, 2017, 2:53 am
great america fan wrote:Image
Chance the rapper was at the park today

No clue who he is....gonna have to Google it. :lol:
MrsTaxi

Postby maxwellt on August 14th, 2017, 9:51 am
Well, ur missing out lol

This is where I was, the train on the track is where chance was lol. I was so damn closeImage

maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on August 15th, 2017, 4:00 pm
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/p ... ule?page=1

The park is now open Monday October 30th and Tuesday October 31st! Prepare for walk-ons!
RollingCoasting

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2017, 12:42 am
What I find good / interesting is that the train ride is still open. Right now, Roaring Rapids is also still open which is good.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2017, 9:54 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:What I find good / interesting is that the train ride is still open. Right now, Roaring Rapids is also still open which is good.

Uh, why wouldn't they be?
anewman35

Postby Wisco Woody on August 16th, 2017, 10:05 am
Anyone else going on Monday the 21st for the eclipse? My friend and I hope to use the shade or trees in the Southwest Territory/Metropolis Plaza area combined with our shared eclipse sunglasses to view the eclipse, then at the height of the eclipse from 1:10 to 1:30 ride the Giant Drop, Raging Bull, or both. Hopefully Viper is also still running backwards that day, as I could see us spending the whole 3 hours of the eclipse in just Southwest Territory alone. If Holiday World were open on Monday, I would make the 7.5 hour drive there instead as it is very close to the path of totality.
Wisco Woody

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2017, 11:57 am
anewman35 wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:What I find good / interesting is that the train ride is still open. Right now, Roaring Rapids is also still open which is good.

Uh, why wouldn't they be?

Last year, I have that the train and the most of the shows stopped on August 7, 2016 along with the Orbit & maybe even East River Crawler. Than, Roaring Rapids was shut down August 21, 2016, and of course the tower is Labor Day.

So, I wonder how long the train, and Roaring Rapids will go to? Maybe, just the train will go to Labor day this year? :?

I just read the Ride Status says that American Eagle is only running 1 side (August 15th), so I wonder if that's part of the new plan. Keep the train open / till Labor Day, but shut down 1 American Eagle side, to save money. I'm good with that plan. Rather ride the train than American Eagle, and American Eagle is still open (just 1 side though).
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2017, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ilovthevu'

Postby JaminOut on August 16th, 2017, 12:53 pm
^Unless they decide to turn it into the Boo Line again this year.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby MrsTaxi on August 16th, 2017, 4:44 pm
JaminOut wrote:^Unless they decide to turn it into the Boo Line again this year.

Let's hope it's decent this year.
MrsTaxi

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 17th, 2017, 6:53 pm
^ Looks like schoup is back again...
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 17th, 2017, 6:56 pm
Can someone do something about him? He's already caused enough trouble here. Go back to your TPR family
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on August 17th, 2017, 7:22 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Can someone do something about him? He's already caused enough trouble here.

Goto Galvan's profile and send him an email. That's what I did.
http://sfgamworld.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=email&u=199
staticshadows

Postby anewman35 on August 17th, 2017, 8:37 pm
Don't think I'd seen anybody mention the food truck they have over by the Joker. A few interesting bacon related things, but sadly none of them were on the dining plan...
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 17th, 2017, 8:45 pm
I tried the Bacon/Mac n' Cheese Dog and thought it was ok. The Mac n' Cheese could be a little warmer/creamier. Holiday World's is much better, but I'm glad to see that the park is trying out new food options!

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum