Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Wisco Woody on May 2nd, 2017, 11:09 am
My God, a Falcon's Fury type replacement of Giant Drop would be the greatest ever flat ride addition to the park, and since they're both by Intamin they could possibly reuse some or most of the existing tower. Even if it would be a 100 ft shorter version than Falcons Fury I would be happy. With that and a beyond 90 degree giant frisbee, I'd spend at least a third of the day at the park just on those two and possibly JL if the lines were under 30 minutes. We'd even have the one-up on both CP and King's Island with a 300+ ft Falcons Fury tower and a modern Zamperla giant discovery.
Wisco Woody

Postby Coaster Justin on May 2nd, 2017, 3:15 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:My God, a Falcon's Fury type replacement of Giant Drop would be the greatest ever flat ride addition to the park, and since they're both by Intamin they could possibly reuse some or most of the existing tower. Even if it would be a 100 ft shorter version than Falcons Fury I would be happy. With that and a beyond 90 degree giant frisbee, I'd spend at least a third of the day at the park just on those two and possibly JL if the lines were under 30 minutes. We'd even have the one-up on both CP and King's Island with a 300+ ft Falcons Fury tower and a modern Zamperla giant discovery.

Cause when I think reliable, I think Falcon's Fury.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on May 2nd, 2017, 6:30 pm
Lol, so true, though Intamin Second Gen Drop Towers have had their fair share of problems as well. At this point in it's life, Drop doesn't pull the crowd it used to by any means. On the night of the Glow Run, Bull was at an hour, Viper at 30ish and Drop was walk on.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Wisco Woody on May 3rd, 2017, 11:46 am
Speaking of old Intamin rides, for anyone who has already ridden Eagle this season, how is the coaster running and riding particularly in the back car of blue? The jackhammering and roughness of back blue was unbelievable in May of 2016, but it improved after being down for a week or so with what I assume was an extensive retracking.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on May 3rd, 2017, 11:58 am
Eagle blue hasn't opened yet I thought?
RollingCoasting

Postby SixFlags_Fan on May 3rd, 2017, 1:18 pm
Red side has been the only side open but it was only open for the private events.
SixFlags_Fan

Postby momlovescoasters on May 3rd, 2017, 1:53 pm
I hope it's open Friday!
momlovescoasters

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on May 3rd, 2017, 6:39 pm
It should be. I believe Baynum Painting posted on social media that they were done painting.
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby momlovescoasters on May 6th, 2017, 8:03 am
I was at the park yesterday. I rode X Flight early (they were only running one train) and hoped to get a few more rides after lunch. When I went back around 1:00 it was closed. Didn't think much of it as I saw them testing so I figured it would open again soon. About an hour later I saw them testing with dummies. I've never seen that in person before. Anyone know what was going on?
momlovescoasters

Postby SixFlags_Fan on May 6th, 2017, 8:28 am
They were most likely testing the 2nd train because I know that had water dummies on it yesterday.
SixFlags_Fan

Postby Muck Finnesota on May 6th, 2017, 1:57 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:We'd even have the one-up on both CP and King's Island with a 300+ ft Falcons Fury tower and a modern Zamperla giant discovery.

SFGAm already has the one-up on both parks in terms of Drop Rides. I don't care how tall you make your Gyro-Drop, they don't even come close to Second Gen Towers.

Power Tower (both styles) is essentially a floorless outdoor elevator ride.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Muck Finnesota on May 6th, 2017, 4:04 pm
doubleb wrote:
You people are hilarious in being homers. This is why SF has it's strategy of cheap coasters and rides, you people will show up and tout them no matter what. GAm would not be even in the top 6 of CF parks.

No, I just prefer the dead weight dropping sensation on Intamin's second generation drop towers to the dropping feather sensation on their Gyro drops or S&S absolutely meh outdoor observation elevators.

Canada's Wonderland has the best drop tower in the CF chain.
Muck Finnesota

Postby Muck Finnesota on May 6th, 2017, 4:43 pm
We'll agree to disagree.
Muck Finnesota

Postby great america fan on May 6th, 2017, 6:46 pm
doubleb wrote:
Muck Finnesota wrote:
Wisco Woody wrote:We'd even have the one-up on both CP and King's Island with a 300+ ft Falcons Fury tower and a modern Zamperla giant discovery.

SFGAm already has the one-up on both parks in terms of Drop Rides. I don't care how tall you make your Gyro-Drop, they don't even come close to Second Gen Towers.

Power Tower (both styles) is essentially a floorless outdoor elevator ride.

You people are hilarious in being homers. This is why SF has it's strategy of cheap coasters and rides, you people will show up and tout them no matter what. GAm would not be even in the top 6 of CF parks.

Wow you must hold cedar fair parks to really high standards if a park with 14 coaster "four of which are B&Ms" and over 35 flats wouldn't even make top five.
great america fan

Postby Skankhunt42 on May 6th, 2017, 9:57 pm
Don't feed the trolls. This is his third account here.
Skankhunt42

Postby RollingCoasting on May 7th, 2017, 11:49 am
doubleb wrote:
GAm literally has 3 good coasters. Xflight good but extremely short, Goliath good but extremely short, Raging Bull good but far from one of the best B&M hypers. The park has 3 ubiquitous clones, Superman is an extremely weak flying coaster, Batman is a clone that was good, but the fact that they put it in like 9 parks makes it lose status when ranking parks. 4D is a weak gimmick clone that will be used to death and was never good to start with. AE is an old woody that is rough and long past its best days. Demon is a head banging 40+yr old Arrow looper, how bad that coaster is in modern time is obvious. Viper is a rough wood coaster that is just not good. Dark Knight is a just a wild mouse, blah,,,,The kiddie coasters are irrelevent

Just curious, what are your top 6 CF parks?

Also

doubleb wrote: Viper is a rough wood coaster that is just not good.

:lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 7th, 2017, 12:44 pm
Just take a Seroquel before he makes you clutch your pearls.

Mods, can you just ban his IP already? This is like his 3rd account here.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on May 7th, 2017, 2:36 pm
Well technically, there is no 'Top 6 Cedar Fair parks". I just wanted to know what your personal rankings were since you said SFGAm would not make the top 6. I also don't think we would be one of the top 2 (Maybe 3 :P) so you're wrong there.

Just trying to have a rational discussion, no need to get frustrated
RollingCoasting

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on May 7th, 2017, 3:02 pm
doubleb wrote:The fact you think Viper isn't a rough wood coaster shows you are the classic SF customer, never been to other parks so don't know much.

Just a quick question. When was the last time you rode Viper? Viper is running extremely well this season after the re-tracking on the first drop. After my night rides on it during the Glow Run, it is back up to my #5 spot of 27 ranked woodies.
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 7th, 2017, 5:35 pm
Stop feeding the troll and move along. Those types of comments are meant to make us angry/defensive. Just ignore it.

Also note how he replied to all the comments except mine.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Skankhunt42 on May 7th, 2017, 5:49 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Stop feeding the troll and move along. Those types of comments are meant to make us angry/defensive. Just ignore it.

Also note how he replied to all the comments except mine.

Exactly, just pretend it is a Wisco Woody troll/bot post and ignore it until he is banned.
Skankhunt42

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on May 7th, 2017, 6:01 pm
But it is just so fun to argue. Lol. Let em get banned!
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby great america fan on May 7th, 2017, 8:16 pm
doubleb wrote:
The notion Viper at #5...you clearly are GAm homer, that is an utterly laughable statement. It's a bad coaster, it would be the worst wood coaster at every CF park and at 1/2 of SF parks,

I know I'm just a "GAm homer" who can't possibly be as smart as someone who uses words like "notion" and "statement" but did you ever ride mean streak or hurler those are definitely worse than viper.
great america fan

Postby JaminOut on May 8th, 2017, 2:40 pm
great america fan wrote:
doubleb wrote:
The notion Viper at #5...you clearly are GAm homer, that is an utterly laughable statement. It's a bad coaster, it would be the worst wood coaster at every CF park and at 1/2 of SF parks,

I know I'm just a "GAm homer" who can't possibly be as smart as someone who uses words like "notion" and "statement" but did you ever ride mean streak or hurler those are definitely worse than viper.

Dude, don't feed the trollolol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby ilrider on May 8th, 2017, 6:51 pm
I've never found Viper to be rough. Weird. Great ride.
ilrider

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum