Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RBullFan97 on March 19th, 2018, 9:25 pm
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/s ... s-festival

We have dates for the Mardi Gras festival. July 28 - August 12. Not a whole lot of information but still worth mentioning.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Eagle04 on March 20th, 2018, 12:10 pm
As far as the kids areas go I would love to see a Looney Tunes layover done to one of the areas with a meet and greet area near the walkway.

My one wish is that they would remove the splash pad and playground from kidsopolis. Those areas are too small for Great America and I purposely avoid the area because of the trouble and meltdowns it leads to because of the over crowding.
It's like a mall play area on a busy Saturday, nothing pleasurable can come of it.
Eagle04

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 22nd, 2018, 1:13 pm
Eagle04 wrote:As far as the kids areas go I would love to see a Looney Tunes layover done to one of the areas with a meet and greet area near the walkway.

My one wish is that they would remove the splash pad and playground from kidsopolis. Those areas are too small for Great America and I purposely avoid the area because of the trouble and meltdowns it leads to because of the over crowding.
It's like a mall play area on a busy Saturday, nothing pleasurable can come of it.

This is funny! I don't care for that area either. We can go to a playground near our house instead :)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 24th, 2018, 7:50 am
Park hours are now posted through July. Weekends and 4th Fest only for 10:00pm closings.
DejaVu2001

Postby Goku1910 on March 24th, 2018, 12:34 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Eagle04 wrote:As far as the kids areas go I would love to see a Looney Tunes layover done to one of the areas with a meet and greet area near the walkway.

This is funny! I don't care for that area either. We can go to a playground near our house instead :)

Kidzopolis in general needs to go and get a remodel/retheme.
It'd be even better if they killed off the tent and stage to open it up.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 24th, 2018, 1:03 pm
Not even a blizzard can (permanently) destroy that tent. :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby Goku1910 on March 24th, 2018, 8:35 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:Not even a blizzard can (permanently) destroy that tent. :lol:

The only way that thing comes down is willingly...so...never.
Goku1910

Postby staticshadows on March 26th, 2018, 5:47 pm
Six Flags presentation to the Gurnee Village Board:
https://youtu.be/F92aVBhCGZo?t=2777

Highlights:
-The Joker was the most impactful of any new capital introduction in all of Six Flags over the last two years. It was a homerun for Six Flags.
-Mardi Gras Festival was a big success at parks that hosted it last year.
-The park believes they will set an inverted hang-time record with Mardi Gras Hangover.
-New restaurant in Orleans Place: Big Lou's Italian Beef in the former Bourbon Street location.
-Park security upgrades and new cameras.

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/20180326/six-flags-great-america-upgrades-park-security
In addition to building new rides and attractions for guests this upcoming season, Six Flags Great America has invested in the safety and security of its park, a top official said last week.

John Krajnak, the park's director of marketing, said the park is adding new barricades to the front gate and installing additional cameras through the park and on ride platforms.

"It's an older infrastructure so it's always important to keep up with the safety of it," Krajnak said. "Security is always our top priority for sure."
staticshadows

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 26th, 2018, 6:07 pm
Just FYI to those who don't know, "Bourbon Street" is the cool zone in Orleans Place that was once Buffet Le Grand. Glad to see it getting some love!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 26th, 2018, 6:09 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Just FYI to those who don't know, "Bourbon Street" is the cool zone in Orleans Place that was once Buffet Le Grand. Glad to see it getting some love!

Great to see a new restaurant and options in the park!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on March 26th, 2018, 9:15 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Just FYI to those who don't know, "Bourbon Street" is the cool zone in Orleans Place that was once Buffet Le Grand. Glad to see it getting some love!

Yes. I vaguely remember the Bourbon Street Cafe. Also looking forward to the new paint. As long as it's not yellow and red I'll be happy. :lol:
RBullFan97

Postby MrsTaxi on March 26th, 2018, 9:46 pm
staticshadows wrote:Six Flags presentation to the Gurnee Village Board:

Highlights:
-The Joker was the most impactful of any new capital introduction in all of Six Flags over the last two years. It was a homerun for Six Flags.
-Mardi Gras Festival was a big success at parks that hosted it last year.
-The park believes they will set an inverted hang-time record with Mardi Gras Hangover.
-New restaurant in Orleans Place: Big Lou's Italian Beef in the former Bourbon Street location.
-Park security upgrades and new cameras.

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/20180326/six-flags-great-america-upgrades-park-security
In addition to building new rides and attractions for guests this upcoming season, Six Flags Great America has invested in the safety and security of its park, a top official said last week.

John Krajnak, the park's director of marketing, said the park is adding new barricades to the front gate and installing additional cameras through the park and on ride platforms.

"It's an older infrastructure so it's always important to keep up with the safety of it," Krajnak said. "Security is always our top priority for sure."

Great find! The Italian beef sandwiches are delicious! Looking forward to the new upgrades.
MrsTaxi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 27th, 2018, 9:19 am

Highlights:

I'm having a hard time understanding how Joker was so impactful??
Unless Six Flags can somehow measure how much more incremental revenue it earned or people came to the park based on the addition of the Joker?

For me (and seemingly others on here) the novelty of the Joker wore off quickly.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 27th, 2018, 10:39 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Highlights:

I'm having a hard time understanding how Joker was so impactful??
Unless Six Flags can somehow measure how much more incremental revenue it earned or people came to the park based on the addition of the Joker?

For me (and seemingly others on here) the novelty of the Joker wore off quickly.

Well, the Joker was probably very impactful because the GP around here hasn't had the experience of spinning and flipping upside down over and over like the Joker delivers. That's why the public went crazy over it. I enjoyed it a lot because every ride is going to be a little different every time.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on March 27th, 2018, 11:13 am
Hopefully Big Lou's will be on the dining plan. :D
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby astucks18 on March 27th, 2018, 12:13 pm
I think they base it on the ratio of how much they payed in correlation to the revenue it helped create. It might have brought so much people in but it was a cheaper ride, that brought in a good amout of people. Goliath or Xflight might have brought in way mote people but they were also ~3x the pricetag.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
astucks18

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 27th, 2018, 1:00 pm
Increase in revenue and attendance are the two big ways to determine that

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 27th, 2018, 8:27 pm
Does Six Flags use snapchat anymore? It felt like they were pretty frequent on updating on Snapchat last year, but not this year.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Coaster Justin on March 27th, 2018, 9:12 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Does Six Flags use snapchat anymore? It felt like they were pretty frequent on updating on Snapchat last year, but not this year.

They haven't been much of anywhere with Social Media. Their Twitter and Facebook were abandoned for weeks.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby staticshadows on March 28th, 2018, 12:00 pm
astucks18 wrote:I think they base it on the ratio of how much they payed in correlation to the revenue it helped create. It might have brought so much people in but it was a cheaper ride, that brought in a good amout of people. Goliath or Xflight might have brought in way mote people but they were also ~3x the pricetag.

He said over the last two years, so it would be the 2016 and 2017 seasons. It sounded to me like they were saying that the four The Joker clones at Great Adventure, Great America, New England, and Over Texas outperformed the five Justice League clones at Mexico, Great America, Over Georgia, Great Adventure, and Magic Mountain. Six Flags also installed three Giant Discoverys, four Super Loops, and had VR at most of their parks in 2016 and 2017.
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on March 28th, 2018, 7:10 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Does Six Flags use snapchat anymore? It felt like they were pretty frequent on updating on Snapchat last year, but not this year.

They haven't been much of anywhere with Social Media. Their Twitter and Facebook were abandoned for weeks.

It’s funny they just updated it now haha nothin we haven’t seen but still, they posted to snap.
gottastrata33

Postby RollingCoasting on March 28th, 2018, 8:46 pm
Maybe they are reading the comments here :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on March 28th, 2018, 8:59 pm
If they are reading, I might as well make a list of stuff I want...
1.) WiFi
2.) Mobile Food Ordering
3.) WiFi
4.) Marriott Music
5.) WiFi
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby MrsTaxi on March 28th, 2018, 9:36 pm
I want to play! :D

What I'd like to see:
1. More Coke freestyle machines
2. Marriott themed music
3. Hot food ( no cold fries)
MrsTaxi

Postby RBullFan97 on March 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm
Whizzer Whiz Kid wrote:If they are reading, I might as well make a list of stuff I want...
1.) WiFi
2.) Mobile Food Ordering
3.) WiFi
4.) Marriott Music
5.) WiFi

Oh man, if this is what we're doing I'll need at least a couple of hours to make my list. :lol:
RBullFan97

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum