Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Galvan on August 17th, 2017, 9:22 pm
staticshadows wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Can someone do something about him? He's already caused enough trouble here.

Goto Galvan's profile and send him an email. That's what I did.
http://sfgamworld.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=email&u=199

That was easy :)
Galvan

Postby maxwellt on August 17th, 2017, 9:23 pm
Saving sfgamworld again, thanks Galvan!
maxwellt

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 17th, 2017, 10:45 pm
You are a hero Galvan

I saw the food truck yesterday. Didn't see the menu. If it isn't on the dining plan though 99% chance I won't give it a try. Im glad to see them expanding their horizons though.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby coasterjoy on August 18th, 2017, 12:12 am
Thanks Galvan!! I really appreciate it as this guy kinda ruins coming onto this forum for me, and it just shouldn't have to be that way. So, thanks again! Good job getting rid of him, team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby staticshadows on August 18th, 2017, 10:22 am
Galvan wrote:
staticshadows wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Can someone do something about him? He's already caused enough trouble here.

Goto Galvan's profile and send him an email. That's what I did.
http://sfgamworld.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=email&u=199

That was easy :)

Thanks, I imagine you will be back soon to remove our newest member, 2(B).
http://sfgamworld.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14919

Seems like you are going to need a restraining order or some other legal action to get rid of this guy.
staticshadows

Postby Lizardgi on August 18th, 2017, 12:34 pm
With no restrooms at JBs, are the nearest ones now to the right of Ricochet? It seems odd to have a bar and grill area without any restroom. Agreed these were always very dirty, but they worked when needed.
Lizardgi

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on August 18th, 2017, 3:00 pm
Don't know which is closer, but I feel like the ones right by Strutters are cleaner and less busy. That is where I have gone if the line in JBs is long.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 18th, 2017, 11:49 pm
I would imagine the strutters bathroom is barely closer.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby American Eagle 1981 on August 19th, 2017, 6:53 pm
I just rode King Chaos and noticed in the dust of the ride was written "04-17" and "RIP Chaos" on the supports. My guess is an operator wrote it on there but that could be wrong. I don't see why a person would do that. I haven't seen anyone else mention this but it was super interesting to me. I got pics but don't know how to upload.
American Eagle 1981

Postby FParker185 on August 19th, 2017, 8:14 pm
Dust? I thought SFGAm was the cleanest theme park in the world? ;)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Goku1910 on August 19th, 2017, 8:44 pm
FParker185 wrote:Dust? I thought SFGAm was the cleanest theme park in the world? ;)

To be fair, it's the stuck on dirt on a support.....looks kinda like your car after a day or two on the I-55. No way they could keep that spotless for more than a day if they wanted to.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby batmanfan80 on August 20th, 2017, 11:49 am
Was there a week ago and on Friday.

Both days with a 60% full lot. Some of the lines were horrendous, some basically a walk up. Whizzer on Friday around 6 was weird. Queue was overflowing, so we went to Strutters. When we came out about 25-30 min later, queue was empty and it was almost a walkup. I think last Sunday Demon had a Fright Fest style line that was pretty far back. The queue sites stated 55 min and I think it was correct. We had gotten into a pretty reasonable X-Flight line the same day, barely past the first outdoor part nearest the ride's housing. Then all of a sudden an avalanche of people came after and line was past the keyhole in minutes. Fri the line looked about the same but there were a lot more flash passers that day and I'm really hating the extra rough helix so we went to Demon instead. And it was a walk-up. Have not been able to land another yellow train ride and the black one is still pretty choppy. Batman was basically a walk-up both days, moreso Fri. Justice League's line was much worse Fri. They made all the single riders loop around so flash passers could have preference. First time I'd seen more than a handful of flash passers on the ride.

The flash pass employee on Raging was holding the line up unnecessarily. For at least 5 minutes at a time so the stairs would be completely empty by the time he let everyone go. In the meantime 50 flash passers would be able to get in front of us. Overall wait wasn't much longer than a half hour Sun. This ride should be renamed Floating Bull. It's like a 200 foot Whizzer. Speaking of which, that ride was pretty rough Friday. I always take the very last seat and this was the first time it felt like I was being jolted around on it.

Justice League's scoring must be pretty random. Sun I got top 5% of all time, like 150k points. Fri I think I barely got 50k points and the guys next to me got something like 167k and 270k. Eagle red was great both times and no line. But it was running so fast I had to use every bit of strength to keep myself braced after the last trim. They should just lengthen the trim there. Lines for the freestyle at Trudy's were pretty bad both days. Joker's line looked bad but not the worst I've seen. Definitely moves a lot slower than when it first opened.

The pretzels over by Giant Drop are the best out of all the places in the park. GD had a long line Sun I think. Fri it was a walk up. Goliath's lines looked horrible all the time. If people want to fill up the newer stuff and leave Batman and Eagle alone while not using the JL single rider line, that's fine by me. Still surprised at the huge attendance drop.
batmanfan80

Postby RollingCoasting on August 20th, 2017, 7:09 pm
Bull hit a million riders today: https://twitter.com/SFGreat_America/sta ... 3498968065

Thought I heard from someone else that it happened last week, but I guess not. Still impressive that it happened August 20th
RollingCoasting

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 21st, 2017, 1:29 pm
I think it usually hits in september, no?
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Mr. D.T. on August 23rd, 2017, 7:46 am
I may still be bummed they removed the themed music out of the park, but at least they played "She's Got A Chicken To Ride" in Carousel Plaza yesterday. :D

Forgive me, but "Shake It Off" I can do WITHOUT, especially in what is supposed to be a themed park.

It may be just me, but it seemed like Giant Drop has gotten slower over the years.

So what'll happen once they banish King Chaos come Sunday? Let's find out.

Maybe bring back the themed music?
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby JimPanky on August 23rd, 2017, 10:53 am
I expect they will drop the Mardis Gras theming altogether.
JimPanky

Postby anewman35 on August 23rd, 2017, 11:38 am
JimPanky wrote:I expect they will drop the Mardis Gras theming altogether.

I suppose they may put in an unthemed new ride, but it seems hard to believe they'd bother to unthemed what remains (the games, mostly). And they have an whole Mardis Gras show, so it's not like they don't follow the theme now...
anewman35

Postby maxwellt on August 23rd, 2017, 3:24 pm
If you think of it, 2014 was when raging cagun left, 2016 was when the jester left, and now 2017 is when king chaos left, I can see them removing big easy and then retheme it back to orleans place
maxwellt

Postby JaminOut on August 23rd, 2017, 4:08 pm
Ragin Cajun left in 2013, this is the first time we have hit the 15 coaster mark.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JaminOut on August 24th, 2017, 1:58 pm
Double post, but David is taking pics in American Eagle’s queue right now. His name tag says “Sponsorship Correspondent”.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby cliffhanger on August 24th, 2017, 2:42 pm
JaminOut wrote:Double post, but David is taking pics in American Eagle’s queue right now. His name tag says “Sponsorship Correspondent”.

Sponsorship? That is quite interesting... The only thing I could think that could mean is a wrap on the trains like BlueMan Group or Stride.
cliffhanger

Postby JimPanky on August 24th, 2017, 5:14 pm
Anyone know why Justice League is down today?
JimPanky

Postby JaminOut on August 24th, 2017, 5:41 pm
JimPanky wrote:Anyone know why Justice League is down today?

MAJOR technical difficulties according to employees.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 24th, 2017, 7:58 pm
Oh dear not JLBFM!
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 26th, 2017, 5:43 pm
Under Happenings in this topic:

If attendance is down as said through people on this forum, than why is it down? What happened this year that is making people not want to come back?

One thing I still don't like is the music. I want the old music back at the park. I doubt that had a lot of influence of people not coming though. Preferred parking, and people seeing empty spots where they could've parked (but are not allowed to anymore without paying more money) can make people mad also at the beginning of their day. Some the complaints on yelp are about food taking forever, and the park is highway robbing them with expensive food, and admission per day is so ridiculous.

I will agree with them on highway robbery admission per day. If you buy a ticket at the park, they are seriously charging $75!!! They should stop it with almost forcing everyone to buy a season pass. It just doesn't make any sense. Having a price at the park, and a price online is also dumb. You don't need the internet to live. A lot of older people have never used a computer before, so why are they out $20 just because they don't go on a computer / internet. If you look at a park like Dollywood / Silver Dollar City, they have tapped into their senior market.

To me, the park is not worth over $45 per day with the waterpark included.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum