Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Cryptkeeper on May 2nd, 2018, 3:49 pm
How about the most important update of all...some (most?) food portions have shrunk!!! :o

The plate for spaghetti in Capone's is different and is smaller this year. The ice cream cups I saw being filled seemed smaller, and even if they aren't smaller, the amount of ice cream the employees I saw put in each cup only filled the cup to the 3/4th's level.

I AM SUING!!!! ha
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby MrsTaxi on May 2nd, 2018, 8:38 pm
Cryptkeeper wrote:How about the most important update of all...some (most?) food portions have shrunk!!! :o

The plate for spaghetti in Capone's is different and is smaller this year. The ice cream cups I saw being filled seemed smaller, and even if they aren't smaller, the amount of ice cream the employees I saw put in each cup only filled the cup to the 3/4th's level.

I AM SUING!!!! ha

The plate of spaghetti at Capone's looked the same as last year. :? The refill cups look smaller. :lol:
MrsTaxi

Postby FParker185 on May 3rd, 2018, 12:23 am
plate size has definitely shrunk across the board by about 1/3, it's most noticeable at Capones
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, El Toro, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Expedition GeForce, SFOG Goliath, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 181, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 661, Wood: 162, Total: 823
FParker185

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 3rd, 2018, 7:08 am
I can't believe they are shrinking the plate sizes and keeping the price the same. If anything lower the price while they are at it and it will actually be worth the price.
Lightning Rod is closed again! Oh well until next time.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Millennium Force 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 3rd, 2018, 8:55 am
But the portion sizes were so large that most people didn't finish. Makes the park money, saves on food, and means more people will finish. I say it's a win-win all around.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 3rd, 2018, 12:24 pm
Not for me because... well I eat a lot as well as my family :oops: .

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Millennium Force 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Lizardgi on May 4th, 2018, 9:57 am
Does anybody have insight as to when Whizzer plans to open? It leaves a major hole in the park by not being open. Hopefully they don't use the painting as an excuse to keep it closed until summer.
Lizardgi

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 4th, 2018, 10:30 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:But the portion sizes were so large that most people didn't finish. Makes the park money, saves on food, and means more people will finish. I say it's a win-win all around.

Not if it's so over-priced... :roll:

I should not pay the same amount for a smaller portion I did for a larger one...
10 Years with SFGAm!!
onyxhotel08

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 4th, 2018, 12:25 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:But the portion sizes were so large that most people didn't finish. Makes the park money, saves on food, and means more people will finish. I say it's a win-win all around.

Not if it's so over-priced... :roll:

I should not pay the same amount for a smaller portion I did for a larger one...

Like I said lower the price it would save us a bunch(or a little).

_FuryBull_330_

Postby coasterfanatic on May 4th, 2018, 4:45 pm
For what it's worth, the park has finally released their FULL operating schedule on their website.

Took them long enough.
coasterfanatic

Postby DejaVu2001 on May 4th, 2018, 9:52 pm
X Flight is now running 2 trains. For Whizzer, haven't heard anything definitive on when it is opening, other than it will not be this weekend. But the parts they have painted look absolutely amazing :D
DejaVu2001

Postby astucks18 on May 5th, 2018, 5:26 am
Lizardgi wrote:Does anybody have insight as to when Whizzer plans to open? It leaves a major hole in the park by not being open. Hopefully they don't use the painting as an excuse to keep it closed until summer.
My guess would be memorial day weekend

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
astucks18

Postby RBullFan97 on May 5th, 2018, 7:18 am
Thank goodness about X-Flight. Now I can go one it more than just the start of the day when the lines are short! And I was able to take a look at the painted parts of Whizzer, and it looks great. It's not really that noticeable yet, but I think once they paint the whole structure it'll really pop.
SFGAm Ride Count 2016: 217
SFGAm Ride Count 2017: 76
SFGAm Ride Count 2018 (So Far): 197
RBullFan97

Postby Wisco Woody on May 5th, 2018, 4:37 pm
Can someone tell me how fast and smooth the coasters have been running? Particularly Eagle Red, Viper, and Raging Bull and how much airtime they are providing? Last May and June they were running at their best and were airtime machines, and they held their pacing throughout most of the season better than any year prior. I'll finally be able to visit next Thursday the 10th.
Wisco Woody

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 5th, 2018, 7:43 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Can someone tell me how fast and smooth the coasters have been running? Particularly Eagle Red, Viper, and Raging Bull and how much airtime they are providing? Last May and June they were running at their best and were airtime machines, and they held their pacing throughout most of the season better than any year prior. I'll finally be able to visit next Thursday the 10th.

I know right. X-Flight actually felt forceful (I grayed out), I was flying out of my seat on Raging Bull, and Viper was actually smooth to me for the first time in 2 years. Sadly there were long lines because of cheer and Music in the Parks but overall good experience(aside the fact food lines were horrendous and I kept hearing "Burger King Foot Lettuce" over and over again.)

_FuryBull_330_

Postby JimPanky on May 6th, 2018, 9:45 am
The schedule is on the Six Flags app.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby HCF on May 8th, 2018, 8:31 am
Welp, the pictorium is gone
HCF

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 9th, 2018, 9:45 pm
V2 was shutdown all day last Sunday. Rue Le Dodge has 2 cars (still are older cars) that are painted blue. I think they must be painting over the orange cars as it seemed like less orange cars.
RMC - Ruining My Coasters - Georgia Cyclone / Iron Wolf / Colossus - What coaster will they ruin next for me???
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 10th, 2018, 7:26 am
^ Yeah I saw the paint wearing off on Rue Le Dodge last year. As for V2 I think they had issues with the launch, again :roll: .

_FuryBull_330_

Postby CoasterDemon on May 10th, 2018, 10:28 am
Hey guys, how is the park on Mother's Day? I can't remember... holidays can swing either way. Any predictions for this Sunday? I'm inclined to head up to the park after about 3pm.
CoasterDemon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 10th, 2018, 10:44 am
It's usually fairly light. Most people would rather spend mother's day with their mothers than go out to a theme park.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterDemon on May 10th, 2018, 11:52 am
^Sure thing, thanks for your input.

I'm thinking of heading up today to catch a couple hours. Open til 5 stinks, but should be empty.
CoasterDemon

Postby Jodon on May 10th, 2018, 12:27 pm
I went a couple years ago and was able to take a lap on every coaster in under 3 or 4 hours. It's a great day to go to the park.
Jodon

Postby RollingCoasting on May 12th, 2018, 4:10 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 12th, 2018, 7:17 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Big Lou's is open

Oh, wow I thought it wouldn't open until Memorial Day. Thanks RC :D .

_FuryBull_330_

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum