Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 16th, 2018, 12:00 pm
Sadly that's how you know most teens today are very impulsive. No offense to any teenagers on this forum because I'm a teen as well (well barely). What Six Flags needs is to be more family friendly and in my opinion need information about your behavior record at any school. If that happens we can leave the bad teens out and the good teens in with 4.0 gpa's.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby RollingCoasting on June 16th, 2018, 12:33 pm
Yeah, that isn't going to happen :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 16th, 2018, 1:47 pm
Hey it's just a wish :D.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby momlovescoasters on June 16th, 2018, 5:24 pm
Just went on Yelp and several people have already posted one star reviews who were at the park last night. I agree with the others in regards to raising ticket prices. Between the horrendous lines and kids/gangs it’s getting completely out of hand.
momlovescoasters

Postby RollingCoasting on June 16th, 2018, 6:56 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 16th, 2018, 7:50 pm
It could've been a nice dining area for Big Lou's when you don't want to eat in the scalding hot sun, but of course they need to make more money. Smh.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on June 16th, 2018, 8:17 pm
^It looks like there's also going to be TV's.
After the events of last night, continuing to install a bunch of sports bars does not really help in trying to give the impression of a more "family friendly" park.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Coaster Justin on June 17th, 2018, 1:36 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:It could've been a nice dining area for Big Lou's when you don't want to eat in the scalding hot sun, but of course they need to make more money. Smh.

Bummer they couldn't have added a Coke Freestyle for us dry dudes
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby MrsTaxi on June 17th, 2018, 8:37 pm
A fight broke out in the queue for Hangover and ride had to be E-stopped. :x Reported in comments by Alex.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634575566659899/
MrsTaxi

Postby RollingCoasting on June 17th, 2018, 8:51 pm
Oh FFS :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby RBullFan97 on June 17th, 2018, 10:38 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:A fight broke out in the queue for Hangover and ride had to be E-stopped. :x Reported in comments by Alex.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634575566659899/

I am pretty much at a loss for words at this point.
RBullFan97

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on June 17th, 2018, 10:48 pm
I was there when the fight broke out idk what security did tho

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on June 17th, 2018, 10:52 pm
The park has changed alot in a minor sense much needed changes occured and amasing also a black man and a whit man were involed one got nocked out and they both ran

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby coasterjoy on June 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm
Screamscape posted a couple of links, including a video of just one of the many fights, and 25 minutes of audio from the police radio scanner from Friday night. I listened to the entire recording and it's pretty crazy...like 10 fights, vandalism to SW Territory, people running through the crowds shirtless pushing random guests...multiple agencies called for as much assistance as possible. I can't imagine being there that night based off the scanner audio, videos, news articles, and Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews from Friday night. I'm honestly nervous to be there past dark now. This is not a good look for SFGAM at all, and I think this will scare people, especially families, away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby coasterjoy on June 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm
Screamscape posted a couple of links, including a video of just one of the many fights, and 25 minutes of audio from the police radio scanner from Friday night. I listened to the entire recording and it's pretty crazy...like 10 fights, vandalism to SW Territory, people running through the crowds shirtless pushing random guests...multiple agencies called for as much assistance as possible. I can't imagine being there that night based off the scanner audio, videos, news articles, and Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews from Friday night. I'm honestly nervous to be there past dark now. This is not a good look for SFGAM at all, and I think this will scare people, especially families, away.

coasterjoy

Postby MrsTaxi on June 18th, 2018, 4:37 am
coasterjoy wrote:Screamscape posted a couple of links, including a video of just one of the many fights, and 25 minutes of audio from the police radio scanner from Friday night. I listened to the entire recording and it's pretty crazy...like 10 fights, vandalism to SW Territory, people running through the crowds shirtless pushing random guests...multiple agencies called for as much assistance as possible. I can't imagine being there that night based off the scanner audio, videos, news articles, and Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews from Friday night. I'm honestly nervous to be there past dark now. This is not a good look for SFGAM at all, and I think this will scare people, especially families, away.

Double post
Last edited by MrsTaxi on June 18th, 2018, 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrsTaxi

Postby MrsTaxi on June 18th, 2018, 4:37 am
coasterjoy wrote:Screamscape posted a couple of links, including a video of just one of the many fights, and 25 minutes of audio from the police radio scanner from Friday night. I listened to the entire recording and it's pretty crazy...like 10 fights, vandalism to SW Territory, people running through the crowds shirtless pushing random guests...multiple agencies called for as much assistance as possible. I can't imagine being there that night based off the scanner audio, videos, news articles, and Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews from Friday night. I'm honestly nervous to be there past dark now. This is not a good look for SFGAM at all, and I think this will scare people, especially families, away.

I 100% agree. I'm concerned about FF, as well. Something needs to be done.
MrsTaxi

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 18th, 2018, 5:28 am

Shame on them how there they behave like that :x . For me Six Flags should just gut out the all after dark events including Fright Fest. Now if we were to get more family based attractions in the future than I say leave it.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby RBullFan97 on June 18th, 2018, 8:03 am
Does anyone know what specifically the vandalism in Southwest Territory was?
RBullFan97

Postby coasterjoy on June 18th, 2018, 8:41 am
I'm unsettled about FF too, especially after what happened to that family last fall. It's deplorable and very upsetting. You go to an amusement park to have fun, not have your entire family get beat down. As for the vandalism to SW Territory, the scanner audio just made several references to an area outside of RB and the games sections.

coasterjoy

Postby benneluke on June 18th, 2018, 9:13 am
This police scanner audio is fascinating. I am surprised how well they know the areas of the park. I wonder if they have special training for Great America. Anyways, its also eerie hearing everything going down. It almost seems like its something they would play during fright fest in a scare zone. I'm glad I got out of there before all the stuff went down.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 18th, 2018, 10:37 am
Why was Yankee Clipper closed yesterday? Father's Day. Sunday....Can't the park use all rafts on Roaring Rapids in the middle of June to help lines/crowds? (3) were sitting unused. The park needs to better update sign wait times or install computerized ones. Goliath had a 45 minute wait listed. It was less than 5 minutes. V2 was a walk on, not even 5. Joker was over 15 minutes with a ridiculously long loading problem. Not sure if the ride was having issues or the crew is just very slow. American Eagle was a walk on, not 15. Not believing those signs anymore....
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby RollingCoasting on June 18th, 2018, 11:59 am
Might be wrong, but I think the lowest time they have for the signs is 15 minutes. Sometimes they just leave the slot blank if its a walk-on
RollingCoasting

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 18th, 2018, 12:01 pm
The signs should be automatic. "45 minutes" when it under 5 is ludicrous.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby CoasterDemon on June 18th, 2018, 5:57 pm
When I was at the park last Wednesday, the Lobster (Orbit! boohoo!) restroom was completely trashed when we were leaving at close. It was TPd (toilet papered) and there was a smashed/broken ceramic everywhere. Looked like a large souvenir mug had been smashed and then scattered. Guests shouldn't be allowed in a restroom in that condition.

(Yes, I'm sure the park didn't know about it, thereby keeping the restroom open. Perhaps another part of the problem)
CoasterDemon

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum