Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterjoy on February 19th, 2018, 9:09 pm
Really great video! Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby coasterfanatic on February 20th, 2018, 2:49 am
They still haven' taken it down. It still include park admission to Holiday in the Park. It never said that in previous years (in reference to people saying it could just be a general thing).

I'd still take it with a grain of salt, but interesting non the less.
coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on February 20th, 2018, 4:27 am
Looks like Last Call will be back.

All Bring a Friend Free/Discount Tickets are available for Season Pass holders on the app.

There's a coupon for Bring a Friend for $14.99 thats good for November 3, 4, 10, 11 so guarantees that we go into at least the second weekend of November.

Otherwise, 4 BAFF with the best being the first one, that can be used anytime from April 21-May 25.

The rest of the are the typical one week only in early June, mid July and late August. Food coupons haven't been released yet!
coasterfanatic

Postby onyxhotel08 on February 20th, 2018, 1:21 pm
Whizzer Whiz Kid wrote:I don't know if any of you listen to the Holiday World Podcast, but this week they did an interesting interview with the guy who flies their drone and all the rules and regulations they have to follow. Really interesting stuff!

Which one? Their as in SFGAm? Can't imagine what kind of problem a drone does to an airport as I don't even recall seeing a plane whilst at the park...
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on February 20th, 2018, 5:30 pm
Their as in Holiday World, sorry for not clarifying.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby MrsTaxi on March 1st, 2018, 1:05 pm
June park hours are up! Hopefully, we'll get to see the entire season soon. Still hoping for HITP. :)
MrsTaxi

Postby MrsTaxi on March 7th, 2018, 11:56 am
Any park updates from locals? Has the park begun to "come alive" yet? :D Who else is excited for the 2018 season?
MrsTaxi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 7th, 2018, 1:55 pm
There really hasn't been anything. No repaints as far as I can see, no visible construction, nothing.

Ride training should start within the next few weeks, though. I'll tell you guys when I see anything

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby MrsTaxi on March 7th, 2018, 2:54 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:There really hasn't been anything. No repaints as far as I can see, no visible construction, nothing.

Ride training should start within the next few weeks, though. I'll tell you guys when I see anything

Thank you!
MrsTaxi

Postby Goku1910 on March 8th, 2018, 6:16 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:Any park updates from locals? Has the park begun to "come alive" yet? :D Who else is excited for the 2018 season?

I'm excited for Coaster Season in general, but I have zero hype for 2018 at SFGAm.

....Cedar Point on the other hand. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterNick3157 on March 8th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:There really hasn't been anything. No repaints as far as I can see, no visible construction, nothing.

No superman repaint, if i'm not mistaken it hasn't been repainted since it opened and that's 15 years ago
CoasterNick3157

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 9th, 2018, 3:04 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:

No superman repaint, if i'm not mistaken it hasn't been repainted since it opened and that's 15 years ago

Could this mean Superman is leaving the park soon??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on March 9th, 2018, 3:07 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
CoasterNick3157 wrote:

Um, no. The park has showed no sign of a possible removal of Superman.
Goku1910

Postby Goku1910 on March 9th, 2018, 3:07 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
CoasterNick3157 wrote:

Um, no. The park has showed no sign of a possible removal of Superman.
Goku1910

Postby RollingCoasting on March 10th, 2018, 3:54 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 11th, 2018, 7:43 pm
Sorry for the lack of pictures, but Sky Trek Tower has been lowered!

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby MrsTaxi on March 11th, 2018, 9:03 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Sorry for the lack of pictures, but Sky Trek Tower has been lowered!

Yeah! Are the cars on Giant Drop yet?
MrsTaxi

Postby CoasterMike on March 11th, 2018, 9:04 pm
I am currently a ride Operations team member at the park. This year will be my 3rd season at the park. I have been told by my supervisor, that the park isn’t going to repaint any other ride(s) until they are done repainting American Eagle. This year on American Eagle, they are repainting the airtime hills leading out to the helix and leading back to the station. The helix is going to take 2 years to repaint. So it’s going to be at least 2 more years before we see any other major ride get repainted (Superman,V2 assuming they don’t get removed before then). I operated American Eagle last year, and will be this year, so I know this as a fact.
Last edited by CoasterMike on March 11th, 2018, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoasterMike

Postby Coaster Justin on March 11th, 2018, 9:13 pm
CoasterMike wrote:I am currently a ride Operations team member at the park. This year will be my 3rd season at the park. I have been told by my supervisor, that the park isn’t going to repaint any other ride(s) until they are done repainting American Eagle. This year on American Eagle, they are repainting the airtime hills leading out to the helix and leading back to the station. The helix is going to take 2 years to repaint. So it’s going to be at least 2 more years before we see any other major ride get repainted (Superman,V2 assuming they don’t get removed before then).

I thought Eagle's Lift looked pretty good today. Hope they also retrack the helix's before the station.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RBullFan97 on March 11th, 2018, 9:54 pm
CoasterMike wrote:I am currently a ride Operations team member at the park. This year will be my 3rd season at the park. I have been told by my supervisor, that the park isn’t going to repaint any other ride(s) until they are done repainting American Eagle. This year on American Eagle, they are repainting the airtime hills leading out to the helix and leading back to the station. The helix is going to take 2 years to repaint. So it’s going to be at least 2 more years before we see any other major ride get repainted (Superman,V2 assuming they don’t get removed before then).

So Eagle's repaint will be done by the ride's 40th anniversary (2021). Even if the job takes 5 seasons to complete, it'll be worth it. The difference between the painted and unpainted sections is striking.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 11th, 2018, 9:55 pm
Nope, but I'd assume they're going on soon.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterMike on March 11th, 2018, 10:27 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:

So Eagle's repaint will be done by the ride's 40th anniversary (2021). Even if the job takes 5 seasons to complete, it'll be worth it. The difference between the painted and unpainted sections is striking.

Yeah the entire repaint project is going to take 5 years. In 2016, they repainted the station, storage/transfer areas and the brake run. In 2017 they repainted the Lift and drop. Forgot to mention I operated American Eagle last year, and will this year, so I know this for a fact.
CoasterMike

Postby astucks18 on March 12th, 2018, 10:57 am
MrsTaxi wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Sorry for the lack of pictures, but Sky Trek Tower has been lowered!

Yeah! Are the cars on Giant Drop yet?
No they wont be on until the end of march/early april

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
astucks18

Postby Wisco Woody on March 12th, 2018, 8:21 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:

Eagle needs a lot more than just a repaint. If they're not going to give it the Twisted Colossus style RMC treatment, they should at least have GCI or Intamin do the extensive retracking and layout improvement that GCI did for Ghostrider at Knotts and Legend at Holiday World. The Blue side has become boring and terribly rough and needs an improved return trip with better airtime hills.
Wisco Woody

Postby Coaster Justin on March 13th, 2018, 2:26 am
Wisco Woody wrote:
RBullFan97 wrote:

Eagle needs a lot more than just a repaint. If they're not going to give it the Twisted Colossus style RMC treatment, they should at least have GCI or Intamin do the extensive retracking and layout improvement that GCI did for Ghostrider at Knotts and Legend at Holiday World. The Blue side has become boring and terribly rough and needs an improved return trip with better airtime hills.

Or at least the helix's before the station
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum