SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2017
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Hours
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 27th, 2018, 8:27 pm
Does Six Flags use snapchat anymore? It felt like they were pretty frequent on updating on Snapchat last year, but not this year.
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 312
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby Coaster Justin on March 27th, 2018, 9:12 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Does Six Flags use snapchat anymore? It felt like they were pretty frequent on updating on Snapchat last year, but not this year.



They haven't been much of anywhere with Social Media. Their Twitter and Facebook were abandoned for weeks.
673 Coasters in 30 States and 5 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.
On My Way to 700!!! in Japan
Most Recent NEW Coaster: Swarm @ Thorpe Park (10/20/2017)

Future 2017 Plans: 2018 in Japan with ACE, 2019 in Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany with CoasterCrew

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

User avatar
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 12:07 pm
Location: Park City, IL

Postby staticshadows on March 28th, 2018, 12:00 pm
astucks18 wrote:I think they base it on the ratio of how much they payed in correlation to the revenue it helped create. It might have brought so much people in but it was a cheaper ride, that brought in a good amout of people. Goliath or Xflight might have brought in way mote people but they were also ~3x the pricetag.

He said over the last two years, so it would be the 2016 and 2017 seasons. It sounded to me like they were saying that the four The Joker clones at Great Adventure, Great America, New England, and Over Texas outperformed the five Justice League clones at Mexico, Great America, Over Georgia, Great Adventure, and Magic Mountain. Six Flags also installed three Giant Discoverys, four Super Loops, and had VR at most of their parks in 2016 and 2017.
staticshadows

 
Posts: 297
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Postby gottastrata33 on March 28th, 2018, 7:10 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Does Six Flags use snapchat anymore? It felt like they were pretty frequent on updating on Snapchat last year, but not this year.



They haven't been much of anywhere with Social Media. Their Twitter and Facebook were abandoned for weeks.



It’s funny they just updated it now haha nothin we haven’t seen but still, they posted to snap.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Carol Stream, IL.

Postby RollingCoasting on March 28th, 2018, 8:46 pm
Maybe they are reading the comments here :lol:
Favorite Coaster: Hades 360-----Favorite Park: Six Flags Great America
RollingCoasting

User avatar
 
Posts: 2489
Images: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2013, 5:57 pm
Location: Mount Prospect, IL

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on March 28th, 2018, 8:59 pm
If they are reading, I might as well make a list of stuff I want...
1.) WiFi
2.) Mobile Food Ordering
3.) WiFi
4.) Marriott Music
5.) WiFi
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

User avatar
 
Posts: 476
Joined: April 26th, 2014, 8:35 pm
Location: Nowhere, Wisconsin

Postby MrsTaxi on March 28th, 2018, 9:36 pm
I want to play! :D

What I'd like to see:
1. More Coke freestyle machines
2. Marriott themed music
3. Hot food ( no cold fries)
MrsTaxi

User avatar
 
Posts: 156
Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Land of cheese

Postby RBullFan97 on March 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm
Whizzer Whiz Kid wrote:If they are reading, I might as well make a list of stuff I want...
1.) WiFi
2.) Mobile Food Ordering
3.) WiFi
4.) Marriott Music
5.) WiFi

Oh man, if this is what we're doing I'll need at least a couple of hours to make my list. :lol:
SFGAm Ride Count 2016: 217
SFGAm Ride Count 2017: 76
SFGAm Ride Count 2018 (So Far): 17
RBullFan97

User avatar
 
Posts: 156
Images: 10
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 9:07 pm
Location: 15 minutes from SFGAm

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 28th, 2018, 11:07 pm
Guys if they do read this place, I'm sure they already know about everything we want. :p

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Image

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

User avatar
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: February 20th, 2014, 5:37 pm
Location: Six Flags Great America

Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 29th, 2018, 8:07 pm
https://m.facebook.com/Erick.Ocampo.0/p ... d%3D&mdf=1 I'm not sure if this is a new sign or not, but there's a No Drone Zone sign by the alternate entrance.
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 312
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby Goku1910 on March 30th, 2018, 5:57 pm
Not like that's stopped people.... :roll:
"The day a star fell, it was something out of a dream; nothing more or less than a breathtaking view." -Shinkai's Your Name.
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby Coaster Justin on March 31st, 2018, 3:48 am
Goku1910 wrote:Not like that's stopped people.... :roll:


Good point, There are signs that say "Don't Jump Fences"... For the people that did it to save people on Shoot the Rapids, That's different.
673 Coasters in 30 States and 5 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.
On My Way to 700!!! in Japan
Most Recent NEW Coaster: Swarm @ Thorpe Park (10/20/2017)

Future 2017 Plans: 2018 in Japan with ACE, 2019 in Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany with CoasterCrew

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

User avatar
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 12:07 pm
Location: Park City, IL

Postby Goku1910 on March 31st, 2018, 8:20 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:Not like that's stopped people.... :roll:


Good point, There are signs that say "Don't Jump Fences"... For the people that did it to save people on Shoot the Rapids, That's different.


What's your point? You're saying it's ok to fly a drone if it's a life or death situation? I get it, it's a sign people will ignore but with the passed two years we've seen two drone videos pop up and the 2nd one got caught by security. The park isn't screwing around anymore.

Not a good comparison Shoot the Rapids was a situation where people could have died. The signs for the drones are only there for a few reasons:

1) Great America is Private Property, as such they can instate any rules they please....hence why you can't bring weapons into the park but yet no one complains that this infringes on the 2nd amendment right.
2) For the safety of your drone, god forbid it crashes in the park and you want it back.
2.5) To protect exposed ride equipment and the privacy of employees who may still be in the park during the off season, mostly security. I don't know about you but if I still worked for the park and was doing spring training I wouldn't want some creep watching us testing rides with a drone camera.
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby gottastrata33 on April 3rd, 2018, 5:39 pm
Yeahhh that’s a totally different situation. Those heroes couldn’t stand by & watch people die.

Movin on - not that much can/needs to change, but is there any word that Mardi Gras is gettin any updates? Johnny Rockets repaint, anything?
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Carol Stream, IL.

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 3rd, 2018, 6:48 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Yeahhh that’s a totally different situation. Those heroes couldn’t stand by & watch people die.

Movin on - not that much can/needs to change, but is there any word that Mardi Gras is gettin any updates? Johnny Rockets repaint, anything?


The park hasn't said anything about renovations in Mardi Gras, but I do think Johnny Rockets should be repainted.
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 312
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby gottastrata33 on April 3rd, 2018, 11:23 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Yeahhh that’s a totally different situation. Those heroes couldn’t stand by & watch people die.

Movin on - not that much can/needs to change, but is there any word that Mardi Gras is gettin any updates? Johnny Rockets repaint, anything?


The park hasn't said anything about renovations in Mardi Gras, but I do think Johnny Rockets should be repainted.


Honestly, JR’s needs a total redesign. I wish it wasn’t there & the other one was the major location with indoor seating & make the Mardi Gras one a more Nola geared eatery buttt I think they tried that :/
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Carol Stream, IL.

Postby onyxhotel08 on April 4th, 2018, 11:36 am
Grad Night 10pm-4am??? :o :shock: wow. Is this the latest the park has ever been open? First time they are ever doing this? Totally cool!!
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2792
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 4th, 2018, 12:43 pm
They've been doing Grad Night for quite a while now.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Image

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

User avatar
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: February 20th, 2014, 5:37 pm
Location: Six Flags Great America

Postby onyxhotel08 on April 5th, 2018, 10:51 am
^ :lol:

Guess I haven't been paying attention since I am way past that part of my life...

Doesn't the noise affect the people living nearby? 4am is kinda late....what are the crowds? It is only for registered grads?
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2792
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on April 5th, 2018, 1:31 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:^ :lol:

Guess I haven't been paying attention since I am way past that part of my life...

Doesn't the noise affect the people living nearby? 4am is kinda late....what are the crowds? It is only for registered grads?

Here’s some information on Grad Nite at Great America
https://content.sixflags.com/sfgam-grad ... index.html
Iron Wolf 90-11

User avatar
 
Posts: 847
Joined: November 16th, 2011, 6:22 pm
Location: Iron Wolf

Postby coasterfanatic on April 5th, 2018, 4:20 pm
Pretty sure grad night has gone til 6 or 7am in years past, so it's been shortened this year.

That lines up with their shortened hours, since the weekdays in the summer are only 10:30-9pm now and not 10pm.

Not like I normally go in the middle of summer much anyways.

Park stated on Facebook that they will give us the 4-1-1 on all the updates, which I assume will be on 4/11
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 130
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby gottastrata33 on April 6th, 2018, 4:43 am
coasterfanatic wrote:Pretty sure grad night has gone til 6 or 7am in years past, so it's been shortened this year.

That lines up with their shortened hours, since the weekdays in the summer are only 10:30-9pm now and not 10pm.

Not like I normally go in the middle of summer much anyways.

Park stated on Facebook that they will give us the 4-1-1 on all the updates, which I assume will be on 4/11


Lol wait - 4-1-1 means information. It doesn’t mean April 11th. They’re just basically stating they’ll keep you updated. ;D
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Carol Stream, IL.

Postby Coaster Justin on April 6th, 2018, 11:28 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:Pretty sure grad night has gone til 6 or 7am in years past, so it's been shortened this year.

That lines up with their shortened hours, since the weekdays in the summer are only 10:30-9pm now and not 10pm.

Not like I normally go in the middle of summer much anyways.

Park stated on Facebook that they will give us the 4-1-1 on all the updates, which I assume will be on 4/11


Lol wait - 4-1-1 means information. It doesn’t mean April 11th. They’re just basically stating they’ll keep you updated. ;D


They've been saying that since January
673 Coasters in 30 States and 5 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.
On My Way to 700!!! in Japan
Most Recent NEW Coaster: Swarm @ Thorpe Park (10/20/2017)

Future 2017 Plans: 2018 in Japan with ACE, 2019 in Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany with CoasterCrew

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

User avatar
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 12:07 pm
Location: Park City, IL

Postby RollingCoasting on April 6th, 2018, 6:36 pm
2018 Dining Pass Guide is up:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... 7ncsKUJBVA

Can't wait to try the Monster Hotdog Platter
Favorite Coaster: Hades 360-----Favorite Park: Six Flags Great America
RollingCoasting

User avatar
 
Posts: 2489
Images: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2013, 5:57 pm
Location: Mount Prospect, IL

Postby Lizardgi on April 7th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Two new places on the dining plan - Big Lou's Italian Beef and Six Below in Southwest Territory. Is this Six Below new and possibly replacing Cold Stone? Scoop ice cream will be a great addition to the snacks. Still would love to see just a regular bag or box of popcorn on the snack plan. For something as cheap and high margin on popcorn, I'm still surprised they don't offer this. Italian Beef or Sausage will be a nice option!
Lizardgi

 
Posts: 33
Joined: July 23rd, 2014, 10:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.