SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2018
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Hours
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 13th, 2018, 8:06 pm
1) IPs are expensive, and Six Flags isn't willing to spend that kind of money quite yet.

2) While reputation is important, what people like Coaster Studios say won't really have an effect on the park. If anything, it would just make more enthusiasts notice the park more.

3) The Teletubbies went off the air in 2001, and have lost much of its prominence. It would be an absolute waste of an IP. If they were to theme the area to a kid cartoon, they'd probably choose Teen Titans or DC Superfriends.
Image

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

User avatar
 
Posts: 1958
Joined: February 20th, 2014, 5:37 pm
Location: Six Flags Great America

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 13th, 2018, 8:56 pm
^Sorry about the Coaster Studios thing. As of the Teletubbies situation, Six Flags would have gave an anouncment of some sort that would have confirmed it.
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 191
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby Coaster Justin on April 13th, 2018, 9:47 pm
Nevermind, the Dude deleted the post.
673 Coasters in 30 States and 5 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.
On My Way to 700!!! in Japan
Most Recent NEW Coaster: Swarm @ Thorpe Park (10/20/2017)

Future 2017 Plans: 2018 in Japan with ACE, 2019 in Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany with CoasterCrew

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

User avatar
 
Posts: 1919
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 12:07 pm
Location: Park City, IL

Postby great america fan on April 14th, 2018, 10:04 am
I'll be posting updates from advocate day today on my Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/sfgam_fan_1976/?hl=en
sorry I cant post directly here tapatalk doesn't want to work.
great america fan

User avatar
 
Posts: 331
Joined: May 2nd, 2014, 5:57 pm
Location: Home Town Square

Postby astucks18 on April 14th, 2018, 10:58 am
The kidzopolis tent is gone! It was destroyed by a snow storm apparently a few weeks back

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
astucks18

User avatar
 
Posts: 79
Joined: September 19th, 2015, 11:38 am

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 14th, 2018, 11:00 am
^^Thanks, I'll also be posting updates from CDW day. Things can change and I'll be aware. Weather permitting of course.
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 191
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on April 14th, 2018, 11:15 am
astucks18 wrote:The kidzopolis tent is gone! It was destroyed by a snow storm apparently a few weeks back

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk


Awesome! Maybe that's a sign from above, lol
SFGAMNUT9302

User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 am
Location: Des Plaines

Postby momlovescoasters on April 14th, 2018, 12:56 pm
great america fan wrote:I'll be posting updates from advocate day today on my Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/sfgam_fan_1976/?hl=en
sorry I cant post directly here tapatalk doesn't want to work.

Thank you for the link. I’m now following you on Instagram and love all of the pictures so far!!
momlovescoasters

 
Posts: 51
Joined: August 17th, 2016, 7:41 am

Postby coasterfanatic on April 14th, 2018, 3:05 pm
Someone should ask Guest Relations when the rest of the operating schedule will be released.

I tweeted to them about it yesterday with no reply. They only show the hours up til Aug. 26. All other Six Flags parks have the full schedule posted.
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 144
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 14th, 2018, 3:11 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Someone should ask Guest Relations when the rest of the operating schedule will be released.

I tweeted to them about it yesterday with no reply. They only show the hours up til Aug. 26. All other Six Flags parks have the full schedule posted.

I'll try to ask a friend at Guest Relations about that later so don't worry.
Lightning Rod is closed again! Oh well until next time.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Millennium Force 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 191
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on April 14th, 2018, 6:08 pm
The new paint on Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper looks great! Does anyone know when they were last repainted?
SFGAMNUT9302

User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 am
Location: Des Plaines

Postby MrsTaxi on April 14th, 2018, 6:21 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:The new paint on Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper looks great! Does anyone know when they were last repainted?

Do you have any pictures?
MrsTaxi

User avatar
 
Posts: 169
Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Land of cheese

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on April 14th, 2018, 6:26 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:The new paint on Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper looks great! Does anyone know when they were last repainted?

Do you have any pictures?


No! I saw them on Great America Fan's Instagram page! Click on the picture of the Whizzer, and click the small arrow and you will see it! https://www.instagram.com/sfgam_fan_1976/?hl=en
SFGAMNUT9302

User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 am
Location: Des Plaines

Postby MrsTaxi on April 14th, 2018, 6:34 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:
MrsTaxi wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:The new paint on Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper looks great! Does anyone know when they were last repainted?

Do you have any pictures?


No! I saw them on Great America Fan's Instagram page! Click on the picture of the Whizzer, and click the small arrow and you will see it! https://www.instagram.com/sfgam_fan_1976/?hl=en

Thanks!
MrsTaxi

User avatar
 
Posts: 169
Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Land of cheese

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 15th, 2018, 10:01 am
It looks like CDW day is cancelled. So I won't be able to give more updates :(.
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 191
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby coasterfanatic on April 16th, 2018, 11:37 pm
Just saw the first commercials for Great America.

Two 15 second spots, advertising the flash sale on Season Passes and advertising the park now open on weekends.

No mention of Holiday in the Park.
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 144
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby AirTimeDaz on April 17th, 2018, 12:02 pm
They probably wouldn't mention a winter event in a spring commercial. Did they mention Hangover?
AirTimeDaz

User avatar
 
Posts: 148
Joined: August 22nd, 2013, 8:12 pm

Postby coasterfanatic on April 18th, 2018, 1:00 am
There was no mention of the Super Dopey Loop!
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 144
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on April 18th, 2018, 11:07 am
Hopefully next season or maybe even later on in this season, Demon, V2 and Superman will get a paint job!
SFGAMNUT9302

User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 am
Location: Des Plaines

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 18th, 2018, 12:47 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Hopefully next season or maybe even later on in this season, Demon, V2 and Superman will get a paint job!

Hopefully so. Right now their major paint project is American Eagle but Superman needs that repaint the paint is starting to come off and the park is doing nothing about it. If they don't do anything then I'll be shocked :o .
Lightning Rod is closed again! Oh well until next time.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Millennium Force 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 191
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on April 18th, 2018, 1:00 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Hopefully next season or maybe even later on in this season, Demon, V2 and Superman will get a paint job!

Hopefully so. Right now their major paint project is American Eagle but Superman needs that repaint the paint is starting to come off and the park is doing nothing about it. If they don't do anything then I'll be shocked :o .


I'm amazed Superman has been neglected this bad, seeing as that it's right in the front of the park! 15 years is a long time without a paint job! V2 is going to stand out like a sore thumb, seeing as that Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper are getting fresh coats of paint! I would rather them do something minor in 2019, like re-theme Camp Cartoon, and put the rest of their money into painting rides!
SFGAMNUT9302

User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 am
Location: Des Plaines

Postby B&MGuy35 on April 18th, 2018, 10:58 pm
Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that there will be a Sprint store inside the park this year. I imagine this is the beginning of things to come if you remember that survey they sent out.

If this was mentioned, sorry I missed it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

 
Posts: 398
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 19th, 2018, 7:25 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that there will be a Sprint store inside the park this year. I imagine this is the beginning of things to come if you remember that survey they sent out.

If this was mentioned, sorry I missed it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it has been mentioned before. Look at page 69 somewhere.
Lightning Rod is closed again! Oh well until next time.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Millennium Force 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 191
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby coasterfanatic on April 19th, 2018, 10:48 am
Since the flumes are getting painted, that pretty much confirms there place at Great America for several more years
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 144
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby onyxhotel08 on April 19th, 2018, 1:03 pm
I love the flumes and would hate to see them go. I even enjoyed SWF till the very end...rip
I don't think they will tackle any paint jobs later in the season. American Eagle maybe but nothing else...they can't have a ride like Superman down in the peak of the season....
10 Years with SFGAm!!
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2808
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.