Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 10th, 2018, 10:24 pm
Can somebody post a link to the survey please? I still haven't gotten it yet and I would like to take it.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 11th, 2018, 5:39 pm
Forceless <> FUN-Less! My fave ride at the park is X-Flight and it's very smooth and not rough. But that doesn't make it a bad ride!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on December 11th, 2018, 8:06 pm
https://www.mystateline.com/news/six-flags-approved-to-take-control-of-magic-waters-after-vote-by-11-taxing-bodies/1654020885
Six Flags approved to take control of Magic Waters after vote by 11 taxing bodies

ROCKFORD, Ill. - A vote by the Rock Valley College Board of Trustees now clears the path for Six Flags to take control of the Magic Waters Waterpark.

The tax abatement vote gives the theme park company a break on property taxes when it takes over the park on April 1st, 2019.

RVC was the last of 11 taxing bodies that had to approve the measure.

Those entities are not losing money due to the vote: an abatement had already been in place for Magic Waters for the last 30 years, when it was managed by the Rockford Park District.

“We are excited to add Magic Waters Waterpark to the Six Flags family of parks and continue to foster a great partnership with the Rockford Park District,” said Six Flags Great America Park President Hank Salemi. “We look forward to the many opportunities we will have with Magic Waters and the community. We can now offer tremendous added value to guests of Magic Waters by including Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor in their Magic Waters Combo Season Passes.”

Six Flags plans to begin hiring for Magic Waters in the new year.

“Privatizing Magic Waters Waterpark was something our community told us should be a priority to achieve. I cannot think of a better organization to partner with than Six Flags Great America as they have been outstanding to work with and our mission, vision, and service expectations align. They are the industry experts and will have more resources to invest in the waterpark. The District will now be able to invest its limited resources into our communities’ priorities for 2019 and beyond such as parks, paths, free family events, and youth,” said Rockford Park District Executive Director Jay Sandine.
staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on December 24th, 2018, 10:02 am
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aq ... b990570b98

Looks like Aquaman is doing great at the box office! Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we see a slew of Aquaman themed rides for 2020, lol
JackGlass

Postby RBullFan97 on December 24th, 2018, 10:56 am
JackGlass wrote:https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aquaman-box-office_us_5c1890cde4b08db990570b98

Looks like Aquaman is doing great at the box office! Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we see a slew of Aquaman themed rides for 2020, lol

Yeah, no thanks. lol
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby JackGlass on December 24th, 2018, 11:59 am
RBullFan97 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aquaman-box-office_us_5c1890cde4b08db990570b98

Yeah, no thanks. lol

Six Flags Over Georgia can get ready for an Aquaman S&S Freespin in 2020! "Aquaman: Ultimate Spin" :lol:
JackGlass

Postby UnclePennybags on December 24th, 2018, 8:21 pm

Rumor has it that the park will be trying to improve the popularity of Buccaneer Battle by changing its name to "Aquaman: Battle for Buccaneers".
UnclePennybags

Postby gottastrata33 on December 27th, 2018, 5:44 am
says who?
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on December 27th, 2018, 8:10 am
gottastrata33 wrote:says who?

kidding :D
Last edited by UnclePennybags on December 27th, 2018, 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby JackGlass on December 27th, 2018, 8:29 am
UnclePennybags wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:says who?

kidding :D

That joke gave me nightmares :lol:
JackGlass

Postby Ilovthevu' on December 30th, 2018, 10:31 pm
Just a random thing, that I think it would be the best interest for the park is that Lobster needs spotlights on it. It's too dark for the ride employees to even see the seatbelts, and for a lot of people to see their own seatbelt. The LED yellow is just too dull on that ride, and it's even hard for the employees to see what they are doing. The spotlights could be on the roof or something, shining on that ride.

Just in case the facebook people look at this (They were saying Joker wasn't open on Dec 30th, 2018 / They thought it was closed for the season.), the Joker was actually open / at least later at night on Dec 30th. Maybe, it was closed early on, but I know for sure it was open at night.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Tardis1972 on December 30th, 2018, 11:48 pm
V2 is closed for the year though I know that. Maybe that’s what they were taking about.
Tardis1972

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 31st, 2018, 12:44 am
V2 is closed for the year but Joker was open almost all day. It did close a bit early at night though. Around 8 I believe.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby JackGlass on January 1st, 2019, 1:31 pm
Looks like Six Flags America is closing their skycoaster just like Six Flags New England did a few years back. I wonder if Great America will ever get rid of Dare Devil Dive? That would be a perfect spot for a sky screamer!
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 2nd, 2019, 12:13 am
^ It would, but I don't want a Sky Screamer here, but thats just me.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on January 2nd, 2019, 2:23 pm
It's a perfect spot for Wonder Woman (at Discovery Kingdom) instead of another swingish ride. This park has enough observation or swingish rides (Condor / Ricochet / Balloons / Sky Trek Tower / Whirligig). Also, Wonder Woman (Discovery Kingdom) is different than Revolution. At Discovery Kingdom, they even have both.

Remember, people this is Six Flags America in Maryland (NOT Six Flags Great America) getting rid of it, supposedly.

Just because Six Flags New England, and Six Flags America got rid of theirs, I don't expect them to get rid of Great America's yet.. Six Flags New England to me is a very small park, and Six Flags America doesn't have tons of rides even though they have more space. Six Flags Great America in comparison to what those parks HAVE is HUGE. I think Great America would rather subtract other (non-pay) rides / show buildings than add to it.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on January 3rd, 2019, 8:35 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:It's a perfect spot for Wonder Woman (at Discovery Kingdom) instead of another swingish ride. This park has enough observation or swingish rides (Condor / Ricochet / Balloons / Sky Trek Tower / Whirligig). Also, Wonder Woman (Discovery Kingdom) is different than Revolution. At Discovery Kingdom, they even have both.

Remember, people this is Six Flags America in Maryland (NOT Six Flags Great America) getting rid of it, supposedly.

Just because Six Flags New England, and Six Flags America got rid of theirs, I don't expect them to get rid of Great America's yet.. Six Flags New England to me is a very small park, and Six Flags America doesn't have tons of rides even though they have more space. Six Flags Great America in comparison to what those parks HAVE is HUGE. I think Great America would rather subtract other (non-pay) rides / show buildings than add to it.

I would be happy if they leveled Kidzopolis and Dare Devil Dive and installed a more compact version of West Coast Racers in that plot of land. I think that would be cool having a racing woodie right next to a racing steel coaster.
JackGlass

Postby Ilovthevu' on January 11th, 2019, 2:28 pm
It says on the Six Flags website Tornado - Closed for the season! I know, people are going to say; well that's because the park is not open, and the waterpark doesn't open until Memorial Day weekend. Here's the kicker though. That's the only ride that says Closed for the season, and the other waterpark rides say "Not open yet."

Do you think they are taking out the Tornado waterslide? Do you think maybe they are going to send it to Magic Waters for 2019? I don't know why they would take that ride out though. They should move Wahoo Racer over there instead.
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on January 11th, 2019, 7:43 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:It says on the Six Flags website Tornado - Closed for the season! I know, people are going to say; well that's because the park is not open, and the waterpark doesn't open until Memorial Day weekend. Here's the kicker though. That's the only ride that says Closed for the season, and the other waterpark rides say "Not open yet."

Do you think they are taking out the Tornado waterslide? Do you think maybe they are going to send it to Magic Waters for 2019? I don't know why they would take that ride out though. They should move Wahoo Racer over there instead.

That could definitly be a possibility! Question is, if they remove Tornado, what could replace it? Or would they just leave that spot blank.
JackGlass

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 12th, 2019, 1:35 am
JackGlass wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:It says on the Six Flags website Tornado - Closed for the season! I know, people are going to say; well that's because the park is not open, and the waterpark doesn't open until Memorial Day weekend. Here's the kicker though. That's the only ride that says Closed for the season, and the other waterpark rides say "Not open yet."

That could definitly be a possibility! Question is, if they remove Tornado, what could replace it? Or would they just leave that spot blank.

It is arguably the most popular waterslide at Hurricane Harbor. Why would they remove it?
ChicagoCoasters

Postby MrsTaxi on January 12th, 2019, 5:09 am
ChicagoCoasters wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

It is arguably the most popular waterslide at Hurricane Harbor. Why would they remove it?

Maybe we might get lucky and get a new one with a lift for rafts. Those Tornado rafts are heavy! :lol:
MrsTaxi

Postby anewman35 on January 13th, 2019, 10:27 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

I mean, I have no idea if they're going to remove it or not, but you sort of answered your own question I think - it's a popular ride and Magic Waters needs popular rides ASAP. Tornado may be popular, but it's hardly going to make or break Hurricane Harbor for anybody. I wouldn't put this past Six Flags, seeing as they took out that snake waterslide from Great Adventure to send to Mexico. And if they did, they could just replace it with a new one at some point, or use that spot for some sort of new slide next year and call it the new attraction...
anewman35

Postby JT2002 on January 14th, 2019, 8:49 pm
The last few weeks I have noticed from the road a few cranes working around the back of HH, I don't know if that's related at all because it seemed pretty serious but also it's kind of far from the Tornado slide.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JackGlass on January 17th, 2019, 12:16 pm
According to Screamscape, Vertical Velocity at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom might be renamed and rethemed to the Flash!

If this were to happen, would you guys want to see the same thing happen to our Vertical Velocity?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... ingdom.htm
JackGlass

Postby BCarroll on January 17th, 2019, 2:51 pm
The LAST thing I would want to happen is to have another DC themed coaster!
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum