Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags App

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on October 10th, 2015, 2:25 pm
The Six Flags app is supposed to now have line times (for season pass holders), but I can't figure out how to access it. I'm using the Android app, not sure if it matters - has anybody gotten the app to show you times?
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on October 10th, 2015, 5:01 pm
You need to go under rides and possibly have to click on the ride you want to view the wait of.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby astucks18 on October 10th, 2015, 5:36 pm
It only works in park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
astucks18

Postby ribsinbacon on October 10th, 2015, 6:20 pm
astucks18 wrote:It only works in park

I take it GPS has to be enabled?. It wasn't working when I was there earlier

iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
I've lost my coaster count.
ribsinbacon

Postby acutler on October 10th, 2015, 9:41 pm
I do know you need to have location services enabled for live waits to work, when you first download the app it says that, this is probably because they don't want to overload their servers from people not in the park or it might be because if its really crowded one day you might not want to go if you see every line being over 2 hours. It is still in testing so it might not work all the time even if your in the park.
acutler

Postby MrsTaxi on October 11th, 2015, 8:24 pm
I have the app on my iPhone....I've never seen it display live wait times. :? Guess I'll try it again next time.
MrsTaxi

Postby dlmtechnology on October 21st, 2015, 11:19 am
I'd like to know how this technology is working.....back in the day I remember occasionally handing a guest a paper with a time on it and they were to give it to the host one they got to the front of the line and then we would update the "from this point its XX minutes" sign but I don't see them ever doing that anymore, and I don't see them installing equipment that counts peoples moment in line, so how are these wait times being calculated?

Is someone in the park ops office just entering random times into a computer and hoping they are correct or are they just keeping the same wait times all day long based on average times?
dlmtechnology

Postby coasterrider2 on October 21st, 2015, 12:47 pm
dlmtechnology wrote:I'd like to know how this technology is working.....back in the day I remember occasionally handing a guest a paper with a time on it and they were to give it to the host one they got to the front of the line and then we would update the "from this point its XX minutes" sign but I don't see them ever doing that anymore, and I don't see them installing equipment that counts peoples moment in line, so how are these wait times being calculated?

Is someone in the park ops office just entering random times into a computer and hoping they are correct or are they just keeping the same wait times all day long based on average times?

That's still done. But most employees can tell how long the wait it based on the length of the line, which is communicated every hour.
coasterrider2

Postby dlmtechnology on October 22nd, 2015, 12:30 pm
coasterrider2 wrote:
dlmtechnology wrote:I'd like to know how this technology is working.....back in the day I remember occasionally handing a guest a paper with a time on it and they were to give it to the host one they got to the front of the line and then we would update the "from this point its XX minutes" sign but I don't see them ever doing that anymore, and I don't see them installing equipment that counts peoples moment in line, so how are these wait times being calculated?

That's still done. But most employees can tell how long the wait it based on the length of the line, which is communicated every hour.

So they are not real-time updates, just once an hour updates
dlmtechnology

Postby CoasterCale on October 22nd, 2015, 12:41 pm
Well yeah, this isn't Disney. :wink:
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby coasterrider2 on October 22nd, 2015, 12:47 pm
dlmtechnology wrote:
coasterrider2 wrote:

So they are not real-time updates, just once an hour updates

It's not like wait times change that by a substantial amount hour by hour besides the first hour or two. Can you think of a better way it could be done?
coasterrider2

Postby CoasterCale on October 22nd, 2015, 1:09 pm
I for sure cannot. The only thing I can think of is if SF hired employees solely for this job. However, SF barely pays to have their attractions open, so I don't see it happening. Finally, unlike Disney, lines are solid throughout the day, with the exception of the first 90 minutes and the last 90 minutes.

CoasterCale

Postby [jonrev] on November 1st, 2015, 12:25 am
You mean nobody walks a short to mildly-long part of the queue to see where it ends anymore?
[jonrev]

Postby Jodon on November 1st, 2015, 12:47 pm
Has anyone been able to get wait times on the app during fright fest. This is my 3rd trip and I've never been able to see wait times. Wondering if it's an issue on my end or SFGAm's end.

Jodon

Postby ribsinbacon on November 1st, 2015, 12:50 pm
Jodon wrote:Has anyone been able to get wait times on the app during fright fest. This is my 3rd trip and I've never been able to see wait times. Wondering if it's an issue on my end or SFGAm's end.

My brother got it working on his Android phone, we haven't been able to get it working on our iPhones

iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
I've lost my coaster count.
ribsinbacon

Postby Jodon on November 1st, 2015, 12:54 pm
That seems so very Six Flags of them to have it working on one operating system and not another. Great America continues in uncanny knack of over promising and under delivering.

Jodon

Postby coasterrider2 on November 1st, 2015, 3:15 pm
Jodon wrote:That seems so very Six Flags of them to have it working on one operating system and not another. Great America continues in uncanny knack of over promising and under delivering.

It's a brand new feature that isn't officially rolling out until next year. I don't think they ever promised that it would be 100% available this year.
coasterrider2

Postby hoju74 on April 27th, 2016, 9:32 am
Did anyone use the app over opening weekend ? Even though the wait times listed as updated, they were all listed as 30 minute waits.
hoju74

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 27th, 2016, 10:27 am
I did. The wait times were actually working, although I didn't believe that Demon had a 70 minute wait at first.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on April 28th, 2016, 8:54 am
At first? Meaning it did?

CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 28th, 2016, 11:06 am
Yes, it did. The entire queue was filled up, and a train stopped on the MCBR at one point.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby stergmi on April 28th, 2016, 2:13 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I did. The wait times were actually working, although I didn't believe that Demon had a 70 minute wait at first.

Where do you go for wait times? I was there OW and still couldn't get anything to load.
stergmi

Postby hoju74 on April 28th, 2016, 2:55 pm
I went under the rides section and the wait time was listed on the right near the flash pass icon. Mine always said 30 minutes even though most waits were longer than that much of the day.
hoju74

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 28th, 2016, 3:15 pm
I was in line for giant drop

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 1st, 2016, 11:35 am
^ in line for giant drop with me :P
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum