Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New for 2016 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Justiceleaguefan on September 3rd, 2015, 2:01 pm
Anyone know what part of the park it will be in? Also, does this mean the Justice League is coming back for meet and greets?
Justiceleaguefan

Postby TheRealTrush on September 3rd, 2015, 2:07 pm
While I personally am not a huge fan of this addition as of this moment, my opinion will probably change. I also hope that this ride will start to draw crowds away from the Goliath area, because even now I still see wait times exceeding a good hour and a half.
SFGAm 2015 Visit Count: 25
TheRealTrush

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 3rd, 2015, 2:14 pm
Justiceleaguefan wrote:Anyone know what part of the park it will be in? Also, does this mean the Justice League is coming back for meet and greets?

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis will be where the Southwest Ampitheater was. It will not be in Southwest Territory though, the park will be moving the Southwest Territory sign past the Justice League site (Near the restrooms).
DejaVu2001

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 3rd, 2015, 2:18 pm
For those of you that we're complaining about it going in Southwest Territory, it is not!

The park announced today at the park that the entrance for Southwest is moving. Although they did not state if that will be part of County Fair but I'm assuming yes it will be. Although that whole area will be themed to Justice League with the Hall of Justice facade being put up so maybe they'll just do a small DC Comics theme in that area.

The park also did not want to give an exact opening day stating spring only. They said they hope to have it open by opening day but there is no guarantee. We all know this is not likely though right, or no? Maybe it is possible? Once the building goes up all work is basically inside so who knows.

Hope this answers some questions!

Sent from my Galaxy Note Edge using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby Cryptkeeper on September 3rd, 2015, 2:29 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:The park also did not want to give an exact opening day stating spring only. They said they hope to have it open by opening day but there is no guarantee. We all know this is not likely though right

Yes!
Maybe it is possible?

No. Six Flags has no interest in opening new rides when the park opens. They can say all they want that they "want" it ready when the park opens, but that's simply not true, and it never really has been as long as I can remember.
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 3rd, 2015, 3:35 pm
The last attraction I remember opening on opening day is Superman Ultimate Flight. Although no landscaping had been done.

B&MGuy35

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 3rd, 2015, 4:12 pm
Really excited for this ride, just not crazy about the location. That aside, it'll be a great fit and a personal favorite. My dad always beats me in shooting dark rides (higher score), so this will allow me to get some more "practice" in, and I can finally beat him!! :D
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on September 3rd, 2015, 5:27 pm
I've accepted the dark ride concept for a bit now & I am actually happy. The more I think about it the more excited I get. This will be refreshing to have at our park. I always rode the interactive dark rides at other parks cause it was something "I" didn't have here. This is going to be a great addition to our already fantastic lineup of flats & family attractions. It will be so different from anything we already have.

However I'm gonna be that person that says the teasers made little to no damn sense. From the shovel, to the coaster dropping hand moves, to American Eagle & the mountain on the horrible fake blue prints. The only clarity was sending capes to radio stations & the ha ha in the tunnel with the vandals. So I'm gonna go as far to say American Eagle is still closing later. Because that's all I have. Lol

Back to BFM, I'm excited. & the more I see Total Mayhem, I think one of those would actually create quite a buzz here one day.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterCale on September 3rd, 2015, 5:58 pm
All three are generally underused.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby CoasterDave316 on September 3rd, 2015, 6:00 pm
I am very happy Justice League is coming to SFGAm. I have been wanting SFGAm to get a dark ride like this for years after riding many of the Sally Dark Rides at other parks and always enjoying them. This ride takes those ride's to another level. I can't wait to see how it turns out and ride it. I am sure it will be a favorite attraction that guests of all ages will enjoy.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterCale on September 3rd, 2015, 6:02 pm
anewman35 wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Great addition! Now that we're getting a dark ride, I'd say it's only a matter of time before six flags removes buccaneer battle and the pictorium.

What's the connection between the three things?

Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby anewman35 on September 3rd, 2015, 7:04 pm
CoasterCale wrote:
anewman35 wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Great addition! Now that we're getting a dark ride, I'd say it's only a matter of time before six flags removes buccaneer battle and the pictorium.

What's the connection between the three things?

If we're getting rid of "underused" things, I'd start with Trailblazer or Ragin' Cajun before I start taking down things that are at least sometimes useful (especially if its really hot or rainy)
anewman35

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 3rd, 2015, 7:51 pm
Here's a good POV from Sally Corp

http://youtu.be/JWb6Nkb0leU

This will now be the second longest ride at the park at just over 4 mins!
B&MGuy35

Postby UWW-10 on September 3rd, 2015, 8:06 pm
Well....let's just hope they maintain the effects of this ride and that this doesn't become TDK all over again. I'd also like to think they'd figure out the kinks from the original prototypes so that the two new ones function a bit better.

I was also hoping for something to fill the void of RC (but I wasn't going to hold my breath considering Trailblazers spot has been vacant way longer but at least that location isn't a total eyesore)
UWW-10

Postby jmanporty7 on September 3rd, 2015, 8:42 pm
I'm honestly well pleased w/ JL:BFM! It's a great addition and will become a huge hit.
jmanporty7

Postby DeathbyDinn on September 3rd, 2015, 11:09 pm
I think this could be the best addition in years. Even though it's a clone, we've needed a dark ride forever and it's great to get such a high quality one.

Nice to now that the Southwest sign is being moved too. I always thought it was out of place how you went under it but didn't see anything southwest related until you got past the train.
DeathbyDinn

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 3rd, 2015, 11:23 pm
Hopefully they'll repave the path in front of the ride so people won't think it's part of SWT(yes, I know the sign will be moved, but long time park goers know the distinct path SWT has). That sounds stupid, yes, but I think it'd look better with fresh concrete, or dare I say- asphalt.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on September 3rd, 2015, 11:25 pm
DeathbyDinn wrote:I think this could be the best addition in years. Even though it's a clone, we've needed a dark ride forever and it's great to get such a high quality one.

Nice to now that the Southwest sign is being moved too. I always thought it was out of place how you went under it but didn't see anything southwest related until you got past the train.

Well We've needed a good dark ride.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby JimPanky on September 4th, 2015, 6:05 am
We've needed a dark ride and this looks like a great one. Has anyone been on the ones that opened last year in STL and Texas?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 4th, 2015, 10:30 am
JimPanky wrote:We've needed a dark ride and this looks like a great one. Has anyone been on the ones that opened last year in STL and Texas?

I've been on the Texas one several times. It's a great ride...I honestly enjoyed it. If any of you have been on Transformers or Spiderman at Universal it's very similar. I wouldn't say as epic as those obviously because those cost around 100 million and have 2 floors in them, but for Six Flags this is an amazing ride. Out of the 5 times I went on it, which were all different times throughout the summer it was never broken down and only the last time I noticed the explosion didn't work. So the reports of it having issued is baffling too me. 1st time I was down there was June, then again in July and just again 2 weeks ago.

B&MGuy35

Postby ilrider on September 4th, 2015, 10:42 am
^It is a great ride, and maybe the Texas one was more reliable, but the St. Louis ride was down a ton this summer, finally having to close completely for a few weeks to work out the kinks. Some local residents say the ride was almost down more than it was running there.

Case in point, when we went in late June, on day 1 we went to the ride when the park opened but it was already down, so we left the line. We tried later that day and got in line only to have it go down again within two minutes, so we left the line again.

On day 2 we got in line at open and my wife and kids got on while I waited with our twins to do the parent swap, and they broke down literally 5 feet from the exit of the ride (and would not be left off), so we had to wait for it to be fixed, and then I got on (and they fixed it by moving two overweight riders who had just gotten on to a less full car, but we still had to wait for a mechanic to come before that happened). There were stories like that all summer long there.

I just hope Sally learned how to avoid those bugs for our park.
ilrider

Postby Coaster Justin on September 4th, 2015, 1:29 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
JimPanky wrote:We've needed a dark ride and this looks like a great one. Has anyone been on the ones that opened last year in STL and Texas?

I've been on the Texas one several times. It's a great ride...I honestly enjoyed it. If any of you have been on Transformers or Spiderman at Universal it's very similar. I wouldn't say as epic as those obviously because those cost around 100 million and have 2 floors in them, but for Six Flags this is an amazing ride. Out of the 5 times I went on it, which were all different times throughout the summer it was never broken down and only the last time I noticed the explosion didn't work. So the reports of it having issued is baffling too me. 1st time I was down there was June, then again in July and just again 2 weeks ago.

It looked like Transformers meets Men In Black from the videos
Also Spiderman was 1 floor, Transformers has 2 floors
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 4th, 2015, 1:32 pm
Spiderman is 2 floors as well
The part when the green beam lifts you you are in a elevator shaft going up and when you're falling you're in a elevator shafts dropping

Edit: I guess I was mistaken...sure feels like it's 2 floors!

B&MGuy35

Postby JaminOut on September 5th, 2015, 7:28 pm
Is there a reason why Great America hasn't put up their Justice League preview on YouTube? I see that Six Flags Mexico did, so why wouldn't Great America?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby nerdguy5 on September 5th, 2015, 7:35 pm
Can we get them to guarantee and promise the effects and theme with remain in full affect for years? They have turned off half of Dark Knight, they don't use the misters on x flight anymore.
Wish I could remember my regular log in...
nerdguy5

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum